PDA

View Full Version : My funny Disney moment....

Jeff G
09-08-2008, 12:04 AM
This past Friday I was taking a business colleague who is also a friend out to lunch. I picked him up and when we got in my car I had our Disney year of a magical dreams CD in the player and It's a Small World came on rather loud when I started the car. He gave me a surprised look and started laughing at me. Since that time I've gotten about 10 emails from people in my business with varying jokes relating to It's a Small World. I'm sure I'll here about this for many years to come.

I take my kids to school every morning and we always listen to the CD to get us all in a fun, positive note and I usually keep it playing in the car. I tried to explain this to him but since I had driven 15 minutes to pick him up he wasn't buying it. I just wish that any of the other 18 songs would have been on (I'm wondering if a doll:thedolls: broke into my car to set this up on me).

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-08-2008, 01:27 AM
I think a good number of us listen to WDW music in the car...i know I do...ALL the time...but when others are around, I'll admit I try my best to hide it :blush:

Chris :hatter:

mouseketeer mom
09-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Thats really really funny! I can relate! I have my Wishes CD in now...I was waiting patiently at the Dunkin Donuts drive thru window for my iced coffee last week. I decided to turn on the radio. As the server came to the window with my coffee, the verse "Wishes!!!" came blaring out with the full orchestra. My kids were hysterical. It was pretty funny. The server must of thought we were into something very weird.....

Tinkerfreak
09-08-2008, 08:58 AM
OMG that is so funny!!!
My DH had a moment like this a few months ago, He is a contractor and was paying our account bill at the electical supply company. He had left his debit card at home so had to use our Disney Visa that had Tinkerbell on it. If that was not bad enough he forgot it there and when he had to go back to get it all of the guys in the shop were giving him a hard time about having Tink on his cc. I told him that will teach him to take better care of his cards. :blush:

Hayden's Dad
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
:rotfl::funny::laughing:

That's so funny. I can relate, I am sitting here in my office right now listening to Mickey's Philharmagic and there are several other Disney songs also on the same CD. I usued to get funny looks from my coworkers when they came in my office, but now they just accept it.

tinksmom02
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
OMG that is so funny!!!
My DH had a moment like this a few months ago, He is a contractor and was paying our account bill at the electical supply company. He had left his debit card at home so had to use our Disney Visa that had Tinkerbell on it. If that was not bad enough he forgot it there and when he had to go back to get it all of the guys in the shop were giving him a hard time about having Tink on his cc. I told him that will teach him to take better care of his cards. :blush:

My DH pays OOP for work-related things, and gets reimbursed each week, so I have him use the Disney Visa, to get the points...the Tinkerbell Disney Visa...LOL It never even occurred to me that he might be embarrassed by using it :blush:

mouseketeer mom
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
My husband has the pleasure of using our Disney Princess checks. They were a big hit at our Ford Service Center last Saturday when he whips out a Cinderella check to pay for our oil change. He's a good sport. He puts up with all of my Disney craziness!!

TinkerbellT421
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL....I wish I had a disney cd...not to take the thread away but if someone could PM or something and tell me where I can find these. I would love to have one or two or all of them!! lol...Ill put them on my ipod hehe..lol.. I might be 24 y/o but you should see the looks I get when I put my purse on a counter at a store somewhere that DBF bought me in Disney, its black leather with tinkerbell plastered across the front,the matching wallet. And not to mention the little stuffed stitch and eeyore key chains I have dangling from the arm hook lol. I had an old woman in my doctors office make fun of me for it, it was actually really rude, even my doctor was embarrassed by her statements but that didnt stop me from being proud and saying "Yup, I love disney and Im a disney addict"...I love to see peoples faces, because then I realize, they just dont understand the force of disney magic and how happy it makes me and other my other intercot fellows...These stories are so funny, I love reading these!! ITs a small world after all, its a small world after all...lalalallalala Im going to sing that all day now that I pictured you starting the car and it playing, I started singing the song to myself when I read your post!! Oh did I mention I have a Bambi Disney Visa too!? lol The comments I get on that too!!! My goodness lol..

Faver
09-08-2008, 10:50 AM
:thumbsup: I love my Disney music too :party:

My family, friends, and co-workers, know that if they're around me, there gonna be listenin' to Disney too :mickey:

AHOTE
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
I can say that three of the six CD's in my car are Disney and let's just say retirement is closer than I'd like so blaming it on the kids no longer works. My Visa card is Disney too. Those who know me take it in stride, those who don't, well, who cares? I don't. :D

Mickey378
09-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I listen to alot of hardcore punk rock and death metal. I was driving a carload of people to a metal show. I have my Ipod on shuffle, and it blasting all types of extreme metal and stuff that would give alot of people a headache. Then "A whole new world" from Alladin comes blasting over the radio. The whole car is quiet and I can feel the stare of my friend sitting in the passenger seat ....waiting for me to hit the skip button. I reached for the radio and turned it up, then proceeded to sing the song word for word......mind you I'm 6'2 250# covered (literally) from head to toe with tattoos...including a hidden Mickey on the back of my hand. Then I hear from the backseat "your a wierd dude".

Tinkerfreak
09-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I listen to alot of hardcore punk rock and death metal. I was driving a carload of people to a metal show. I have my Ipod on shuffle, and it blasting all types of extreme metal and stuff that would give alot of people a headache. Then "A whole new world" from Alladin comes blasting over the radio. The whole car is quiet and I can feel the stare of my friend sitting in the passenger seat ....waiting for me to hit the skip button. I reached for the radio and turned it up, then proceeded to sing the song word for word......mind you I'm 6'2 250# covered (literally) from head to toe with tattoos...including a hidden Mickey on the back of my hand. Then I hear from the backseat "your a wierd dude".

:funny::rotfl:

TinkerbellT421
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM

LOL!!!! That is the best thing I ever heard, I am in my office laughing so hard people are looking at me wierd lol...:funny::funny::rotfl::rotfl:

Diznee4Me
09-11-2008, 10:15 AM
There's a small bar just outside of our installation and we sometimes got here for lunch - no drinking of course - we are on the clock.:D

When we go it is usually crowded and every type of customer is sitting around the bar where you pay the bill - but usually it is biker guys. I usually pay with cash or credit but on one particular day I paid with a check - a :mickey2:and :minnie2: check. The cashier yelled out how cute it was and the cook and waitresses came over to look. Oh yeah, and many of the biker guys craned their necks to look too.

Pretty embarrassing.:blush: Especially when I got in the car and my office mates chimed in also. :)

kemps@wdw
09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
In my truck, I have a 6-cd player/changer, and...you guessed it...all 6 are different Disney cds. 5 w/park and attractions music, and 1 w/Disney movies music on it . On one, there is even the original "Main St Electrical Parade" theme!:D There is currnetly ALOT of bridge construction where I live and I have to cross this particular bridge twice a day to-and-from work. So, I REALLY need a stress reliever when traffic is back up for MILES and moving @ a whopping 5-10 mph. (I know alot of you can relate), so, you can imagine the looks I get when someone sees me singing along to "Grim Grinning Ghosts" w/my windows down!:blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-13-2008, 12:33 AM

This was too funny! And how many people would stereotype you as a bad dude? And then hearing you playing this and singing along would really confuse them. I love it!