PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours at Epcot

vividms
09-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Are the Countries open for shopping or eating during the extra evening hours at Epcot? I know a couple of the rides/shows are still open, but I did not know about the shops at the other Countries like Japan, etc.

SBETigg
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
When we were there, the only quick service dining available was Tangierine Cafe, open until 11 pm. The rest closed at nine. Some shops were closed, some were open. I've heard about other quick service staying open on other EMH nights, so I think it might vary.

wdw_bound
09-07-2008, 12:39 PM
We've shopped around the world showcase during EMH (most shops were open). However, let me share this cautionary tale...

DD9 is a shop-aholic. To curb this, we give her a WDW allowance - she can buy whatever she wants, but when the $$$ are gone, they are gone. On our last trip, she decided not to buy anything "big" until she had seen most of her options. Early on at Epcot, she spotted some Disney Cutie Christmas ornaments in one of the shops at the bridge between WS and FW. She didn't get them right then as it would have taken a big chunk of her money, and she and I have a Girls Night Out tradition of going to Epcot for EMH on our last night (a Friday).

We did not get to the shop during regular hours (entered through international gateway and had ADRs at Biergarten). By the time we got back to the shop, it was EMH and they had closed down. DD was devastated in a way that only a nine year old can be. I was heartbroken and felt like an awful mother. We looked in every other shop at Epcot, to no avail. I had visions of having to talk DH into letting us go back to Epcot before heading home. It was bad, really bad.

Fortunately, a kind CM at a kiosk by the Epcot bus stops gave me the number for Disney Merchandising. I called them the next morning (DH had already agreed to going to Epcot as a last resort - that is how badly we all felt), and they were able to locate them in Downtown Disney. The CM on the phone even notified the shop that we were coming so they could put the ornaments on hold for us. What could have been a very bad final memory of our Happy Place was rescued - and DD displays her ornament year round in her room - all thanks to some very caring CMs:mickey:

So, yes, there will be plenty of opportunity for shopping during EMH, but if you are looking for something specific, get it before regular park hours are over.

Wickster1970
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Fortunately, a kind CM at a kiosk by the Epcot bus stops gave me the number for Disney Merchandising. I called them the next morning (DH had already agreed to going to Epcot as a last resort - that is how badly we all felt), and they were able to locate them in Downtown Disney. The CM on the phone even notified the shop that we were coming so they could put the ornaments on hold for us. What could have been a very bad final memory of our Happy Place was rescued - and DD displays her ornament year round in her room - all thanks to some very caring CMs..

Yet another Disney Magical Moment. I dare you to find anything like this happen at a Six Flags.

BTW...thanks for the shopping heads-up! :)

MickeysEars
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I love the caring CM moments. We were in the same situation during EMH, but it when you see it if you really want it. It is worth it. However, there are things we never saw again and called frome home and they shipped it to us