PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic shows being cut down?

luvdiznee
09-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Say it ain't so. But I read somewhere that as of Jan 2009 that the Fantas shows will be limited to two times a week? :confused:Sorry if this has been discussed. :mickey:

cfoshe
09-07-2008, 02:04 PM
yes, a lot of us feal that way. i was discussed awhile back under operational updates. It is currently on the second page.

luvdiznee
09-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Thank You so much for that. Now the planning will be even more difficult. :(

Imagineer1981
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM
not to mention you have to plan an additional 2 hours in line now :(

luvdiznee
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
OMG! :(Anyone have the link to the other thread? Thanks :mickey:

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 09:30 AM
i think the dinner package is a good alternative to waiting so long in line. However, MY GOODNESS is that walk long for the side entrance, or did it just seem that way because we did it in the rain with 2 toddlers? :)

CleveRocks
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I've never done the Fantasmic dinner package before, but it's specifically because of the cutback in Fantasmic show-nights that I booked the dinner package for our February trip.

At least in February, Fantasmic is showing ONLY on Monday and Friday nights. I'm guessing those will be crowded nights with a long line, and knowing me I would be paranoid about missing out and would have to be one of those unfortunate nuts waiting in line for 2 hours.

To me, the Fantasmic dinner package eliminates that worry that I would have, in addition to eliminating such an excessive wait in line.

This will be our 3rd trip as a family but our first time ever seeing Fantasmic.

kellykaypa
09-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I didn't think I could book the Fantasmic Dinner package until October for our January trip because they had changed the reservations from 180 days to 90 days. If that's the case wanna make my ressies now.

Glad I saw this, hope it's not too late!

:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
All in all.............. I think it is terrible situation!:mickey:

Jasper
09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
i think the dinner package is a good alternative to waiting so long in line. However, MY GOODNESS is that walk long for the side entrance, or did it just seem that way because we did it in the rain with 2 toddlers? :)

No, it is a long walk especially with little ones in bad weather or for those with handicaps which brings a question to mind. We are thinking of going to WDW sometime next year and because of my back problems I will likely be in a wheelchair. With that being such a long walk and with it being mostly uphill it would not be fun for me to walk it or anyone else to push me in the chair. Does anyone know if those with the dinner package can go in the regular entrance to get to the handicap seating before the main gates open for real?

CleveRocks
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I didn't think I could book the Fantasmic Dinner package until October for our January trip because they had changed the reservations from 180 days to 90 days. If that's the case wanna make my ressies now.

Glad I saw this, hope it's not too late!

:mickey:
Yeh, it changed.

The new ADR system was supposed to be open for business on Oct. 24. But they ran into delays and had to push back that date. As a result, they opened up the ADR window to through Feb. 22, 2009.

kellykaypa
09-10-2008, 08:23 AM
I LOVE these boards!! My AAA agent doesn't know the things I find out on here! I made my ressies last night. Fantasmic Dinner Package & Hoop De Doo!!

:thumbsup:

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Be prepared for HUGE crowds for all Fantasmic showings once the change is made.

luvdiznee
09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Just what I was thinking. Two shows a week, they should expect some major crowds. :thedolls:Hope this makes them rethink their decision. :(

TheRustyScupper
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Just what I was thinking. Two shows a week, they should expect some major crowds. :thedolls:Hope this makes them rethink their decision. :(

1) Disney makes lots of changes.
2) When they negatively impact guests, there is a reason.
3) Disney claims "that is what guest surveys show".
4) I am sure that they built or fabricated survey
results showing
. . . we want want a reduction of Fastamic shows
. . . we want to eliminate Four 4 a Dollar
. . . etc
. . . etc
5) At least I wasn't part of such a survey.
6) Which one of you guys voted for the reductions?

:oops:

luvdiznee
09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
1) 4) I am sure that they built or fabricated survey
results showing
. . . we want want a reduction of Fastamic shows
6) Which one of you guys voted for the reductions?

:oops:

Not I. :down: