PDA

View Full Version : Do the fireworks/music at MNSSHP change year to year?

Dsnygirl
09-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Question for those of you who have gone to MNSSHP a few times over the last couple of years... do they change up the Hallowishes fireworks and music, or does it stay pretty much the same year to year?

We went last year (just my DH & I) and are planning to take the girls next year. I have the CD with the Hallowishes music, and the girls just love it.... so I'm wondering if we can expect the same (or very similar) show, or if it may be totally different.

Thanks!! :thanks:

DizneyRox
09-06-2008, 05:20 PM
In years past, they did make changes, but now that Hallowishes is out, I haven't seen much if any changes to the MNSSHP event. It is great, so why mess with a good thing, but change is nice too sometimes...

disneymajik
09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
For this year the character costumes have changed from years past. Mickey and Minnie are in a purple/black suit type matching outfit.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-07-2008, 02:32 AM
90% of the show is the same this year.

Minor changes to parade, nothing really noticeable.

But, they removed the entire Maleficent segment from Hallowishes. It goes straight from Oogie Boogie to the Scream-A-Long. It made me mad because I loved Maleficent's part.

DizneyRox
09-07-2008, 05:53 AM
But, they removed the entire Maleficent segment from Hallowishes.
Seems like nothing is safe from Disney's cost cutting bean counters... Used to get high quality treats (name brand Snickers, etc) and now it' s basically raisins and dum-dums!

sophie peach
09-07-2008, 07:46 AM
no , it doesnt change that much

ibrowse17
09-07-2008, 08:56 AM
We have not been to the Halloween party, but it seemed to me that nothing was very much different about the Christmas or P&P parties from the year before. Still enjoyed both:thumbsup:

LauraleeH
09-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Seems like nothing is safe from Disney's cost cutting bean counters... Next year I suspect they will be giving out raisins and dum-dums as treats!
Hahaha, I wish I had gotten dum-dums! This year, I got all off-brand junk. But it's ok, I will save time by not trick-or-treating next year and just buy candy in my resort ;)

But yeah, as mentioned, the fireworks were a little different but still good. Everything seemed to be more organized and decorated than in the past. It was fun.

DizneyRox
09-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Hahaha, I wish I had gotten dum-dums! This year, I got all off-brand junk. But it's ok, I will save time by not trick-or-treating next year and just buy candy in my resort ;)

But yeah, as mentioned, the fireworks were a little different but still good. Everything seemed to be more organized and decorated than in the past. It was fun.
I corrected my post... ;)

Dsnygirl
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
90% of the show is the same this year.

Minor changes to parade, nothing really noticeable.

But, they removed the entire Maleficent segment from Hallowishes. It goes straight from Oogie Boogie to the Scream-A-Long. It made me mad because I loved Maleficent's part.
That makes me sad -- that was my favorite part, too... wasn't that when the fireworks started going 360 degrees around the park, just lighting up the sky everywhere?? :( Every time I hear that part on the CD, I get chills... sigh... figures my very favorite part of the whole thing is gone, but at least I'm prepared... ;) I wonder why they did it??

Imagineer1981
09-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I Hate Cost Cutting!!!!!