PDA

View Full Version : Q re: Toy Story Mania ride @ DHS...

Dsnygirl
09-06-2008, 03:27 PM
:mickey: What are our chances of getting on the new Toy Story ride @ DHs if we aren't there at park opening, or early in the day??? We don't have a single day where we've planned DHS as our "starter" park, and I'm having a hard time changing that, with breakfast ressies, EMH at other parks, etc. I really don't want to miss this ride -- but the earliest I see us getting there on any given day is 10:30.

So -- what do you think??? :confused:

(edited Sunday morning to add we are going early December, if this helps me any.... thanks for all the input so far!!)

mouseketeer mom
09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Ummm...I'm not sure when your trip is., but right now, you're chances are not too good if you are not arriving at park opening, or very soon thereafter. We were there 3 weeks ago. We were there at opening, sprinted to the fast pass machines, and the lines for them were building sooo fast. My family got in line while I went to fastpass. My return time by the time I made my way to the machine was 10:30am. We waited 30mins for our first ride, then went back for our fastpass ride at 10:30am. By then the return time was 7:40pm. Sooo...If TSM is important to you..the only way to ensure you'll get on is early, early, early!!!!!!!

DisneyMomma23
09-06-2008, 03:50 PM
i would say that if you get there around 10:30am you might be able to pick up a fast pass for way later in the day. they are usually completely gone before noon. when we went in june, the shortest stand-by line was 2 hours.

Gotta Love Eeyore
09-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Has this changed since the majority of kids are back in school? Anyone there this week/weekend? We are not scheduled to arrive until the 14th - 20th.

RobWreck
09-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Well, if you want to see it that bad, the longest stand-by line I've heard was only 2 hours, so no, you don't HAVE to miss it... and thinking about it, 2 hours in line for TSM is better than 2 hours at work, away from WDW. :)
Rob

Mrs Bus Driver
09-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe you could do it during EMH. Anyone know how bad the lines are during EMH? I'm curious to. :mickey:

Jimenyfan
09-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Check out the single rider line. You enter at the same pass entrance as fastpass and then you are split further down in line. We arrived at DHS around 10:30 and had a fastpass for 2:45, we jumped in the single rider line an waited about 20min. As much as we enjoy doing rides as a family we had done this earlier in our trip and single rider was fine with us.

BMan62
09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Check out the single rider line. You enter at the same pass entrance as fastpass and then you are split further down in line. We arrived at DHS around 10:30 and had a fastpass for 2:45, we jumped in the single rider line an waited about 20min. As much as we enjoy doing rides as a family we had done this earlier in our trip and single rider was fine with us.

Single rider line has been closed until further notice.

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
We visited DHS in the middle of June, shortly after the ride opened and we didn't ride it first thing in the morning. My DH and oldest DS rode RNRC, while my youngest and myself rode ToT and then we walked over to Toy Story Mania. I guess we waited in line for about 25-30 minutes. I do know that we were out of the park by about 11am so getting there any later than we did may make a big difference. I will say, that our family thought it was a great ride and very well worth getting there early or waiting in a long line to ride it at least once.

CaptSmee
09-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I would think you would be able to get a fastpass for it if you arrive around the time you stated...of course it might be for very late in the day. Toy Story Mania is now by far the most popular attraction at WDW.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Actually, the parks are pretty dead right now. TSM has about a 80-90 min wait (which is NOTHING).

But I will say, you'll have a better chance of getting in, if you go later in the evening. You might want to sacrifice Fantasmic for it, and see Fant another night if possible.

passholderryan
09-07-2008, 10:07 AM
We were there 2 weeks ago, arrived at 10:00am. We went right to TSM to get a fastpass. The return time was for 6:00pm. Luckily the ride was closed for tech problems. We walked back by 10 minutes later and they were opening after being closed for 3 hours and were able to walk right on. When we exited, the wait was already 70 minutes. If you're able to stick around for the return time its worth it. Waiting for 70-90 minutes is a little difficult unless me and the wife switch off for trips to the Margarita bar by The honey I shrunk the kids set!!!:marg::marg::marg:

LudwigVonDrake
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Be prepared to wait on line if you don't get a Fast Pass and they go VERY quickly.

AvonleaCF
09-07-2008, 12:07 PM
A few days ago (Sep 3) I arrived at the Studios around 11:30am and the wait was only about 40 minutes. Fast Passes were available for 3:30pm or so at that time.

Maleficent's Dad
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Last week of August, FP's were GONE by 11:05.

The ride is good - VERY GOOD - but that's ridiculous!!! :crazy:

MickeysEars
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
We are goin in March and are hoping that the lines will die down by then and with the Spring Breaks not yet starting, we may luck out

AJHUNT2
09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Was just there this weekend. Even went for EMH in morning to DHS. We went more towards ToT and such first. By the time we made it to TSM it was 12:00. Were still Fastpasses available for aboutr 6:00ish I think. But we had dinner ressies at 6:40 at Epcot so we just stood in the standby line. Said wait was 50 minutes. But it was the last thing we had to do at the park so it wasn't that bad. Only ride we had to wait more than 15 minutes for. Parks were empty this weekend.

RobWreck
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Is there any explanation why they got rid of the single-rider line? For a ride that draws such crowds, it would seem that the single-rider line would be a great addition...
Rob

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
You know why they keep doing away with the single riders like TSM and Soarin'?

Because a lot of families see that the single rider has a 30 minute wait instead of a 180 minute wait. They'll go in the single rider, even though it says they will be separated and then when they get to the loading area, they complain that they want to stay together. Complain loud and long enough, and a single rider line becomes a party of 8 line. They then ride together, and thus, held up BOTH lines by arguing, and caused longer than necessary waits because they wanted to be stubborn and try to cheat the system.

And that is the official "Unofficial" word direct from the mouths of my friends at TSM.

Meteora
09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
How frustrating! Especially for those who follow the rules and choose to make the sacrifice of being separated from their parties to get the shorter wait time!
Still, wouldn't it be better to have several signs posted very clearly and bluntly indicating the rules of the single rider line, and then simply to "eject" anyone from the line who is not willing to follow those rules, the same way that people without a FP would not be allowed to ride if they were on the FP line, rather than doing away with the line altogether?

Aggie97
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Maybe you could do it during EMH. Anyone know how bad the lines are during EMH? I'm curious to. :mickey:

We rode TSM on an EMH night in mid-June. We got in line at 12:15 a.m. (EMH ended at 1 a.m.); the quoted wait time was 70 minutes. We waited 45 minutes and thought it was totally worth it! :mickey:

hlkeck
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
We just left DHS this afternoon. We didn't get in until 10 am. There were plenty of fast passes and the wait (although it said 20 minutes) was 40 minutes. I still figured that was really good considering what I've been reading.

The fast passes were at 4:30-5:30 pm when we left DHS at 12:30 today and the line was up to 40 minutes on the screen - but it must have been over an hour.

The ride is really cool and the 'waiting in line' part wasn't too bad b/c the decor is great and there is a huge talking Potato Head. We rode it once and then fast passed it for a second ride and the fast pass line was less than 5 minutes.

It's a pretty slow week here at WDW and we are LOVING IT!!!! I'll post a trip report later today.

pox24
09-09-2008, 09:22 AM
We were there last Saturday. Got into Studios about 11:30 am. The wait was 40 min and moved very fast. It was exactly 40 min but well worth the wait. What a fabulous attraction.:thumbsup:

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 09:35 AM
i would probably (with a smile) start loading them onto a ride one at a time. and say to them "this is the line you picked, have a great ride and Magical Day. " :mickey:;)

tinicummom
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Just got back! We headed straight to HS after we arrived and had breakfast at Boatwrights, so we weren't there until around 11:00. We had a 50 minute wait. We also got Fast Passes for later. It's definitely worth the wait!!! We also went back another day at Park Opening and there was at least a 30 minute wait right away (if you don't run all the way to the attraction). Try your best to get there. You'll be hooked right away!

IamBelle
09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I just came back on the 2nd, and never got a chance to go on. We went when the park opened, had breakfast, and then headed to get a fastpass, and they were already giving out the ones for 5-6 pm! We kept checking back and one time, the stand by was 110 mins. The lowest I have seen the stand by was 60 mins.

Tink-N-Me
09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I was there on 9-1-08, fast passes sold out very early. Fortunately, the posted wait was 60 minutes. I don't think it took that long. The ride was great fun and I wanted to go a second time, but our time at WDW was short as I was an unplanned trip. After Katrina hit New Orleans, I always said if I had to evacuate again, I am going to Disney!! I was joking of course, but my wonderful husband took me and the kids even though they said to expect a minimum of 5 feet in the homes in my neighborhood. Thought it might be our last trip for a while, but God smiled on us and everything at home turned out fine for us. Prayers and Pixie Dust to those who did get hit by Gustave and to those threatened by Ike!

Cookie123
09-10-2008, 02:22 PM
You know why they keep doing away with the single riders like TSM and Soarin'?

Because a lot of families see that the single rider has a 30 minute wait instead of a 180 minute wait. They'll go in the single rider, even though it says they will be separated and then when they get to the loading area, they complain that they want to stay together. Complain loud and long enough, and a single rider line becomes a party of 8 line. They then ride together, and thus, held up BOTH lines by arguing, and caused longer than necessary waits because they wanted to be stubborn and try to cheat the system.

And that is the official "Unofficial" word direct from the mouths of my friends at TSM.

My Husband and I did the single riders line for Test Track, with a plan to meet outside at a certain spot after the ride was over. They had LOTS of signs saying that people will be separated. I was OK with that. But this woman was complaining loudly just as we were entering the cars. She wanted to be with her older kids. I told her that she got in the singles line, (which she knew), and I was NOT
going to switch to let her in ! Some nerve !!!
:mad: