PDA

View Full Version : WDW: A dream or actually real?

disneycutie165
09-06-2008, 12:11 PM
This Saturday, this stormy Sat. (Tropical Storm Hanna is here) reminds me a lot of 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago we were walking around in WDW in weather much like this. But anyway, do you ever feel like your trip went too fast, didn't last long enough, or just plain thought you weren't even there? Two weeks ago seemed like we were only there for one day and I feel like it was a dream. When I think of it, I think "did I actually go to Disney, or was it a dream?" Do you ever feel like this? Please share, I want to know that it's not just me!:(

paulsheri
09-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Each time we went to WDW, we stayed longer the next time we went. The first time it was for 1 week, the next time it was for 9 days, the next time it was for 12 days , over 2 weekends, we thought , if we stayed over 2 weekends, the time would go by much slower, but, just like you, the time flew. We would be the first ones on the bus, and not get back to ASM until late that night. We milked every hour, for every minute it had, S T I L L The time went by real quick. Remember it's not you, IT IS DISNEY !!!!!:mickey:

trapper
09-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Absolutely I agree! You are enjoying each and every moment because in a blink of an eye it's over and all you have are the memories. I just wish I could be back in a blink of an eye.

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Every trip is the same for us. The first few days start off going by very slow, but by the time we get mid vacation the time just flies by and we can't believe it is over. I always go home thinking our trips were over far to quickly. There was one trip that on our way home I didn't even feel like I had really be to WDW. I love my family dearly, but this trip we took my brother and his family for their first trip ever. I spent the entire trip trying to make sure they all had fun and we did all the things they wanted to do. It wasn't their fault or anything and I would travel with them again, but when I got home I really couldn't remember anything special that stood out from our trip. I quickly booked a trip for myself, my two boys and my mom to celebrate their birthdays. I just had to get back and have a trip for "us". I think we all feel this way to some extent.

kemps@wdw
09-06-2008, 10:42 PM
A trip to WDW ALWAYS seems to be over too quick for us! :sadwave: But we leave knowing we'll be back soon! :joy: About a week after we get home and settled back into our "off-Disney" routine, I'll get all my photos, maps, recieipts, and other memorabilia from the trip and begin my scrapbooking for the current year (I have a dated scrapbook for each trip.) I spread EVERYTHNG out on my dining room table, and begin the wonderful process of detailing each magical moment of our journey in the book! And can I help it cause it takes soooo long to finsh?:shrug: At east, I can enjoy our trip just a little longer!:mickey::mickey::mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it always go by way to fast. And about a half a day into work, it seems like my vacation was months ago.

bertasso59
09-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I hate to break it to everyone,but WDW is not real,it is a dream.There is no possible way that any company would put together a mere amusement park with such detail and imagination when all they need to do is build a bunch of taller-than-ever rollercoasters and a couple over-priced pizza counters then sit back and take in the money..Its just not economically feasible to construct a real WDW.It will never happen.
It is all a dream.
but enjoy every moment of it anyway.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Disneycutie..I was there at the same time as you, and I still can't believe our trip is over. Its come and gone already! Wow! I waited and waited for it, and in a blink I was home again. This time it was much harder..my Dad passed away one week after I was home. This is such a hard time for my family. I'm grateful for our Disney memories of that trip.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Part of the problem is themassive amount of time you plan and think about it BEFORE you arrive. Once you are there, the time flies by.