PDA

View Full Version : CRT Breakfast

princessesmom
09-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I guess a lot has changed since I last did this breakfast in 2003! We were last in WDW in February 2006 and did not do this breakfast, my two older daughters were beyond the princesses, my youngest daughter was not 2 yet so not into the pricesses, and my son could care less about princesses. We are going to WDW in February 2009. My youngest daughter will be 4, nearly 5. So the prime age for loving the princesses. I booked the storybook breakfast in Epcot for all of us, including my parents who will be meeting us there.

I was on the phone this morning with Disney dining adjusting some of my other ADRs and was feeling guilty that my little one wasn't going to get to eat at the castle. In the past this was very difficult reservation to get, but I figured while I was on the phone I would ask if there might be some availability. I was shocked to find out there was loads of availability. I booked a 10:10 spot for all 8 of us, but due to the high price (especially considering this is breakfast food!) I'm thinking of just taking the girls.

I was wondering what those of you who have been there recently think of it. Is it worth the price? How is the food? What princesses do you see? They told me we would get some pictures, what exactly will we get?

Thanks for your help!

tinksmom02
09-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I was wondering what those of you who have been there recently think of it. Is it worth the price? How is the food? What princesses do you see? They told me we would get some pictures, what exactly will we get?

We were there in Feb 2007. Is it worth it? Monetarily, of course not, BUT will your princess love it? Absolutely! I think it's the kind of thing every princess should get to do at least once. I know once was enough for our DD.

Food was pretty good, typical breakfast fare. I'm trying to remember, I think we were given fruit and pastries family-style, and then individual plates were brought out for each person. I think the menu here on Intercot is pretty accurate. It's supposed to be all you care to eat, but our server didn't offer us seconds on anything (pretty much disappeared after serving food).

We saw Cinderella in foyer (you get a portfolio with a photo of the castle, a photo of your party & cindy--I think these are 6x8--and then 4 wallet-sized pics), and upstairs we saw the Fairy Godmother, Mary Poppins, Alice, and Belle (blue dress). So there is no guarantee that you will see princesses.

We didn't really like the check in process. You wait for your name to be called and then line up to meet Cindy, and then wait to go upstairs to be seated. We felt like cattle. BUT, the front of the house CMs seemed like they were sick, or having a really bad day, so I'm sure that had some effect on our service.

I know there are people that do this every single time they go, and that's great for them. For us, dining in the castle once was enough. But like I said, I think every princess that wants to should have at least one opportunity to try it.

Congrats on getting the reservation!

Oh, and if you're going to delete people off the ressie, make sure you call and do that. I think they have a 24 hour change/cancellation policy.

ljv1975
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
We went to this breakfast in March. It was DH, DD and myself. Our ADR was for 10:45.

When our name was called, Cinderella was on a break, so the line was pretty long to get the photo, but it moves fairly quickly. After the photo, DD got a plastic wand and a wishing star.

We went upstairs and were given juice and coffee, fruit salad and pastries. They bring out a plate with potato casserole, eggs and bacon. (I can't remember if there was sausage - I know there was at the Norway breakfast, but not sure about CRT.) Our server brought us extra bacon and potatoes. Service was ok.

We saw Cinderella in the lobby of course and upstairs we saw Belle, Jasmine, Aurora and Snow White.

They do a little wishing ceremony with the star and wand. They also bring around the photo package which was nice.

We are planning on doing this again on our next trip since it will be for DD's birthday. It is a lot of money to spend, but we thought it was well worth it. Our DD loved dressing up as a princess and eating in the castle. DH got a kick out of the fact that our server called us lord and lady!

lockedoutlogic
09-08-2008, 08:57 AM
The food is not of a good caliber and the time/ expense to go there is kinda ridiculous at this point.

It's not for everyone...especially if you arent' willing to overpay...

KAT1811
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I was wondering what those of you who have been there recently think of it.

We went last September when we were there. Our DDs were 10, 2 1/2, and 10 months. The food was good and the princesses were nice to see all in one area.

How is the food?

Very good. We started off with a fruit cup and pastries and the meal was eggs, potato casserole, bacon, sausage, and a cream cheese filled puff pastry (think doughboy) with a blueberry sauce over the top.

Is it worth the price?

IMHO, no. We went because eating in the castle with the princesses is something the children would enjoy but it can be a long wait, the service is okay, literally drop the food and move on, certainly has a factory feel to it, and the food is good but not even close to worth what they charge you for it. This year we will be celebrating our two youngest DDs birthdays' while in WDW but instead of doing CRT we will be having breakfast at Crystal Palace after a stop in the BBB. Much better food and value, plus the girls love Pooh and friends. If I were you I would do the Norway princess breakfast and compromise your guilty feelings with a stop in the BBB for her birthday.

What princesses do you see?

We saw Cinderella in the lobby. Then upstairs we saw Belle, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Jasmin, the Fairy Godmother, and Aurora. I think that was it.

disneyfan328
09-08-2008, 11:05 AM
We did this last sept and our youngest DD was 7 perfect age - she got all dressed up and my oldest DD - 18 wore a crown from being on prom court. my ds wore a shirt that I made for him that said Prince Charming in training Kisses welcome. (hehe he didn't want to wear it at first but gave in to me since I made it special for him - I didn't want him left out while his sister was all glamed up in her princess gear - anyway to get to the point. My personal opinion is this - It is worth doing at least once. To eat in the castle and meet the princesses. Would I pay that money to do it again - probably not buy it was worth it to do it once.

as pp stated you get fruit and pastries and juice coffee ect when you are first seated ( and they were good) then they bring out pre plated eggs, bacon sausage that blueberry creme filled pastry ( which was AWESOME) the kids got pancakes and eggs I think.

We saw cinderella downstairs for our photo session - also note that if you are a party larger than 4 (5 or more) you get 2 photo packages (we did a family shot and then one of our DD all glamed up with just cinderella) These pics are included in the price you are paying for breakfast and can be added to your photopass account. If you add them to your photopass account you get all shots taken (they take a few) not just the one they print for you. you get it in a folder with a stock photo of the castle.

We saw cindy downstairs for this photo op and then upstairs was Snow White, Fairy godmother, Aurora, Bell in her blue dress and I think that was it. The only part I didn't like was that with trying to get pics the princesses seemed to come one right after the other right when our food came so by the time I got to actually try and eat mine was cold. They did bring another plate, but I felt bad as the rest of the family was pretty much done. It was nice though as we had a later am ADR 10:45 I think and by the time we left they were done with breakfast and the place was empty so i got some nice pics of the inside without everyone around. I would say if you have the means do it once. Your little one won't forget it - our DD still talks about it and says it was one of the best parts of our vacation.

I have posted a link below but I have no idea if this will work or not

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/566649192uTGkow?vhost=good-times

princessesmom
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to take my 3 daughters and do the breakfast. I think the price is a little outrageous, but it is very special to eat in the caste and I want my youngest to be able to do it once. Her older two sisters got to do it when they were each 4or 5, so I want her to have the same opportunity. It will be fun to do a mother/daughters event, anyway. And we'll still do the Norway breakfast with all 8 of us. Thanks!

2PrincessDad
09-10-2008, 12:02 AM
We actually got into this on our last trip and had reservations at 8:00am. It was cool to do with our girls once, but we wouldn't do it again.

You have to experience the castle at least once, and they really do make it a nice time, but my girls actually enjoyed the EPCOT princess breakfast in Norway much more.

The most amazing part of the experince was getting into the MK so early and taking a stroll down Main Street with only a few other people around you and soaking in the beauty of (almost) having it all to yourself. That is the part that my wife and I treasure the most.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree with the other posts that the experience is worht it one time. The food is mediocre at best and we enjoyed Norway much more and it was easier to get in and out. The castle experience one time and then never again!

Tinkpink
09-12-2008, 05:51 PM
We went on our trip last week. It was fun for my DD5. Definitely over priced and very rushed. We were rushed through the pictures (and it shows on my childrens faces...) and rushed through the meal. Make sure you are ready for your picture. We got one 5x7 and 4-4x6's in a cardboard folder/frame.

It was very special for my dd5 and I am glad we went. I would not do it again though. The food is mediocre to poor (the children had hotdogs and I had the pasta.)

I am glad you are doing Akershus - We all really liked that more and would do that again.

It will be fun and your girls will be treated like royalty!

Enjoy!