PDA

View Full Version : True Blood (HBO Premiers 9/7)

NotaGeek
09-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Is anyone else excited for this new series? FINALLY! It's the creator of Six Feet Under which was one of my absolute favorite shows ever ... it looks really good. I love vampire shows!

True Blood Official Website (http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/)

ChipnDaleGal
09-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Our DVR is all set! We watched the preview show on HBO and it looks really good. I am also a huge fan of Six Feet Under, and I always like a good vampire story. Little Anna Paquin sure looks different in this one.

threeh
09-08-2008, 08:58 AM
i'm going to watch it on tivo today. I'm hoping it is good. It didn't get great reviews in People magazine. I can't wait to see what they do with the sookie stackhouse story line and how many of Charlaine's books they do!!

NotaGeek
09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
MODERATOR ALERT

This show is kind of risque and definitely and adult series ... we will allow discussion, but please keep this thread family friendly or it will have to be deleted. I was kind of shocked by it -- but I thought the show was actually good.

Before you catch it, remember it's on late night HBO, so it's an adult themed series (think Sex and the City!).

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
As Michael mentioned, definitely an adult show. I liked the humerous aspect of the show, and I loved Anna Paquin. I thought it was a decent first episode, but I would not say that I loved it. I tend to have crushes on sexy vampires (like Gerard Butler in Dracula2000, Billy Wirth in the Lost Boys, Alex Laughlin in Moonlight and Chris Sarandon in Fright Night), but I was kind of repulsed by this male vampire lead. He just seemed dirty to me. Maybe he will grow on me as the season progresses. I am interested enough to tune in again.

threeh
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I pictured Bill a lot differnet as well. I have to say I really like her boss, Sam. I'm just listening to the book again and now seeing him as a character, I think he may be my favorite.:cloud9:
Otherwise, so far so good. I like the show.

PirateLover
09-14-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't think I'll be watching this one... My mom was watching the 1st episode the other day and I caught most of it. I just couldn't get into it like I have with most other HBO shows.

NotaGeek
09-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Episode 2 was a lot better than #1. I think it's going to be a good season ... let me repeat my warning, some scenes are VERY steamy.

Pop Centurion
09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
I've been anticipating this series for a while now. First two episodes were good but not what I expected. I do admit I like the comparison of Vampire discrimination and prejudice to the same problems we've had for years in America against all people of color. It's a nice twist.
But as a horror fan I'd like more horror. The ending of the second episode shows promise so we'll see.

Dracula766
09-16-2008, 05:11 PM
i only have one complaint.

I don't like the fangs on these vampires
v--v
:bat:

NotaGeek
09-16-2008, 05:24 PM
i only have one complaint.

I don't like the fangs on these vampires
v--v
:bat:

I totally agree! It's like they did the wrong teeth or something. Weird.

akoutelas
09-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I am actually really liking this series, huge vampire fan. I have read Charlene Harris' book Dead Until Dark and am amazed at how well the series is dead on with the book. Example: The description of Bill in the book is exactly like him in the show. I will be curious to see how far the series goes with all of her books. I am almost done reading the second book of her series.

NotaGeek
09-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I just read that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer (the main vampire) are dating in real life...

threeh
09-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I saw that as well.
So far sorta staying close to the books, I continue to like Sam. The other vamps from Monroe were creepy. I CAN NOT wait to see Eric next week. If anyone reads Charlaine's books you about fall in love with him in the 4th book. I really do like the show, could do without all the graphic stuff but otherwise I look forward to Sunday night!!

threeh
10-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Just watched the latest episode. They did a great job with Fangtasia and Eric. So far I'm enjoying the adaptation from Charlaine Harris's books.

SurferStitch
11-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I love True Blood! I unfortunately missed episode 6, so I'll have to watch it through On Demand, but I've been addicted to this show since day one.

I love Bill Compton. He has a very dark and intriguing look to him. I think he's pretty darn sexy!

It's a VERY ADULT show, but it's also very well done. Parents....DO NOT let your kids watch this show!! :nono:

Tinkerbell19
11-12-2008, 12:05 PM
This is my only favorite show that is on right now. I haven't missed an episode yet! Didn't really like the last episode...

SPOILER ALERT for anyone who didn't see this last Sunday yet 11/9......I didn't like when Bill bit that girl:shake:. I guess he kind of had to but it makes me look at him a little differently now. Still love the show.:thumbsup: Can't wait for next Friday!

SurferStitch
11-12-2008, 12:16 PM
SPOILER ALERT for anyone who didn't see this last Sunday yet 11/9......I didn't like when Bill bit that girl:shake:. I guess he kind of had to but it makes me look at him a little differently now.

Look at it this way....he only did it so he could get back to Sookie.

That sort of, in a morbid kind of way, makes it, uuummmmmm.......romantic.

threeh
11-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm bummed they had Bill save Sookie from Longshadows. In the books it was Eric. Please tell me Bubba the vampire was in the next episode??

NotaGeek
12-03-2008, 06:12 PM
This proved to be an AWESOME series! The season finale was great ... and I am completely HOOKED! I can't wait for the next season!

ChipnDaleGal
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series!! My newest crush is the gorgeous Alexander Skarsgard as the vampire Eric. I really don't think I would mind if he ever bit me. The HBO series has inspired me to read the books, and they are my new crack! I haven't read like this in years. I am on Book Eight right now and I only started reading them 2 weeks ago. I am going to be so sad when I finish this one and have to wait until May 2009 for Book Nine. I just read that Season Two is to start in May 2009 on HBO.

threeh, I am also hoping that Bubba makes it into the TV show. He is one of my favorite characters.

chrisb26
12-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I really enjoyed this series. I actually didn't start watching till there were 3 episodes left and one day they were having a marathon of the entire series and I started watching and was hooked! I can't wait for the next season to start! That is great that it is starting in May I thought it might have been later then that.