PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a GAC for my dad?

csdavis
09-05-2008, 06:26 PM
My dad has recently been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. Although there is no cure, we are going to try radiation to "but some more time". Before his diagnosis, we had planned a January trip to Disney. He will just be finishing radiation and we are hoping if everything goes well, we can still go~ he wants one more trip with the grandkids. I am really worried about how tired he is going to get and was hoping to get him a GAC but also know I've read they are harder to get. I want him to do as much as he can but I also know his days at the parks my be shortened because of tiredness. Do you think it is possible and what will we need?

Marilyn Michetti
09-05-2008, 08:15 PM
If your dad is in a wheelchair, he will be treated very well by the CM's. If he needs extra special considerations, stop in at guest relations and explain. From what I understand, a GAC isn't usually needed.:mickey:

I hope your dad has a wonderful time.:thumbsup:

Briansmom
09-05-2008, 08:53 PM
When we went in May, we had no trouble at all getting a GAC for our son who has autism and developmental delays. We had a note from his doctor, which I'm not even sure was necessary, but we weren't taking any chances given it was our little guy's first time to the World.

I don't think you would have a hard time getting a GAC. I hope you have a magical time with your dad. My prayers are with you and here is some extra pixie dust for you as well...:pixie: