PDA

View Full Version : Updated Rides WARNING: THIS MAY BE A SPOILER!

Arielfan98
09-05-2008, 04:48 PM
In EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom some things have been updated. Once again I warn you this might be a spoiler! :spoiler: So if you don't wanna hear some new parts of some rides, then stop reading right now. Ok I warned you, so if you said I spoiled it, it's not my fault, I warned ya. At EPCOT in the ride Spaceship Earth, there are two new scenes. One of them is placed in the 70's featuring Foxy Lady, just kidding, but thats what I call her cuz of her afro.The scene after that shows the guy who created Apple. Also when it shows the Roman scene, where the guy is supposed to deliever papers or whatever, the screen doesn't move with him on the horse. In Animal Kingdom, the Safari ride has the bridge part, where the bridge is supposdly breaking. I remember they had that when I was a kid, but when I went on my WDW trip before my recent trip, they didn't have it. At Magic Kingdom, in the Haunted Mansion theres this room with stairs, and you see fake foot steps. This stuff may not be new to you or it might, cuz I haven't been to WDW in 1 1/2 years before my recent one (5 days ago). :unsure: Once again this may be a spoiler! :spoiler:

dnickels
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I think the Spaceship Earth scene with the computer guy is supposed to be the Hewlett-Packard garage. At least that's the way I understood it, they're the computer company that began in a garage in Palo Alto.

Or is it just considered a general guy working on a computer in a garage scene? I've never seen an official 'key' to the scenes from Disney.

Glad you liked all the updates! :thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
09-05-2008, 07:54 PM
they don't have the bridge part of Kil. safari anymore?? That was my favorite! The last time I went (to AK) was november of 2006

tarkin
09-05-2008, 11:59 PM
The computer scene is Steve Wozniak who cofounded Apple with Steve Jobs

kakn7294
09-06-2008, 12:22 AM
they don't have the bridge part of Kil. safari anymore?? That was my favorite! The last time I went (to AK) was november of 2006I think it depends on your safari guide / driver. We hadn't experienced it in several years but our driver did it this past trip.

CaptSmee
09-06-2008, 01:19 AM
I think you are referring to "Foxy Brown" in the computer room...also, there's lots more new in Spaceship Earth other than the few changes that you mentioned! The entire ride was updated!

The Haunted Mansion also got an overhaul about a year ago...

sophie peach
09-06-2008, 08:54 AM
im there next week so i will see for myself!!
looking forward to it!

Disdude
09-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I think the Spaceship Earth scene with the computer guy is supposed to be the Hewlett-Packard garage. At least that's the way I understood it, they're the computer company that began in a garage in Palo Alto.

Or is it just considered a general guy working on a computer in a garage scene? I've never seen an official 'key' to the scenes from Disney.

Glad you liked all the updates! :thumbsup:

As someone else has already stated, I believe the garage scene is inspired by the events that bought about the founding of Apple with the figure being that of Steve Wozniak.

While HP was also started in a garage in Palo Alto, it was much earlier (1934) then the scene depicts and I think I remember the narration mentioning something about the 70's and computers. This would be around the time when the "Steves" (Jobs and Woz) marketed the Apple I.

SpaceMtn101
09-06-2008, 11:51 AM
the bridge was probably 101 @ KRS... it does that but it hasnt been taken out from what i talked to my friends who still work there

why4k
09-08-2008, 05:53 AM
We rode KS on Labor Day and our driver did the bridge scene.

Little Round Bale
09-08-2008, 08:26 AM
I think the coolest thing about SE is where you can email yourself and rider. Also enjoy the MS email. The bridge in AK I had heard is random.

mcjaco
09-09-2008, 11:53 AM
These changes are all over a year old....

TinkerbellFan16
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
love the changes to SE... i like the quiz/ "future" movie....i love the pictures that u email too...SOOOOOOO funny, especially if they dont expect them or are doing something funny,( i saw one picture and the mom was picking her teeth and the DD was shall i say "digging for gold")

Harley-Davidson_Guy
09-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Ok, I have one that I noticed on Spaceship Earth. I love this ride now. In one of the scenes on the left side there is a marble bust of a female. It's features have been sanded down. I know this because I used to always tease my son to cover his eyes but now I don't have to worry. :thumbsup:

JPL
09-12-2008, 09:08 PM
The bridge is till on KS and is still functional but considered an optional element.
The Mile Markers you see on the side of the road are actually time cues for the drivers letting them about how long into their trip they should be so if the mile marker says 10 that means the driver should be at the 10 minute mark of the trip through the safari. The bridge scene is often skipped if the ride is backed up due to animal activity or the driver is over their time limit at that point of the trip.

Arielfan98
10-10-2008, 04:27 PM
The bridge is till on KS and is still functional but considered an optional element.
The Mile Markers you see on the side of the road are actually time cues for the drivers letting them about how long into their trip they should be so if the mile marker says 10 that means the driver should be at the 10 minute mark of the trip through the safari. The bridge scene is often skipped if the ride is backed up due to animal activity or the driver is over their time limit at that point of the trip.

When I went on the ride, there was an animal delay, and the driver still had the breaking bridge, and it was also great becuz, for the first time I saw the lions face; never saw that becuz I always went on the ride earlier, not b4 feeding time.

Arielfan98
10-10-2008, 04:28 PM
These changes are all over a year old....

Yes but I did mention that b4 my recent trip I hadn't been to WDW in 1 1/2 years..... so maybe that explains why (duh)

DigitalDaredevil
10-10-2008, 08:57 PM
We went two weeks ago and were on the disability truck. They did do the bridge scene and we had the pleasure of being within 5 feet of the baby giraffe. He was in the middle of the road and it seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing by holding up the truck. It was a rare moment that we all enjoyed.

Tbelle1976
10-10-2008, 10:34 PM
I've never been on KS where we have not gone over the bridge.

DizneyRox
10-11-2008, 05:28 AM
I've never been on KS where we have not gone over the bridge.
THe broken down bridge is always part of the ride. Sometimes it doesn't work, I'm guessing mostly due to maintenance issues, but it could also be to increase capacity.

You can tell by looking at the lights near the bridge if it's going to work or not.

LauraleeH
10-11-2008, 12:28 PM
I still haven't been on Spaceship Earth, so thanks for the update! I knew they updated it, but I didn't know how or what they did. Now I want to go! ;)