PDA

View Full Version : Early Spooks??

IamBelle
09-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Since it's my 666th post, I wanted to know why the MK was dressed up for Halloween so early this year. We were there from Aug 24-Sept 2nd and pumpkins and scarecrows and statues of minnie and donald in costume are up. They also have the MNSSHP sign already up at the front of the park. And at the World of Disney Store in DTD, Lumiere was dressed up in a costume. We went to WDW in 2006, the same days as this vacation, and have never seen all of these up before.

badkitty
09-05-2008, 04:47 PM
MNSSHP started earlier this year. I believe September 5th was the opening party.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Yep, MNSSHP starts very early this year -- September 5 (tonight) is the first night. We were there 8/28 - 9/3 and saw a lot of the decorations up at MK on 8/29 and even more of them up a couple of days later. We love MNSSHP and are sorry that we just missed it, but it did feel very odd being in MK in late AUGUST with all of the Halloween decorations up! (DW and I joked that Valentine's Day decorations will be up by October!)

homeschool mom
09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I know I am in the minority, but I for one hate Halloween. :ack: I was disappointed to see the decorations up already in some photos I have seen of MK from friends who visited in August. This will be our first trip in the fall, and I am not looking forward to seeing the Hallowen decorations. For me it will put a small damper on the Disney magic that I love, but I will still be happy to be in WDW. I guess on the positive side, I won't take as many photos this time around.

8 days and counting! :mickey:

Main Street Jim
09-05-2008, 07:37 PM
There are TWENTY-SIX MNSSHPs this year. Because NoJ was moved to Studios on the first September weekend, it was decided that the first MNSSHP would be that same weekend. So AK closes at 5pm; Studios closes at 6pm for NoJ; and MK at 7:00pm for the Halloween Parties. Epcot is the only park that stays with its original 9:00pm closing.

I *hate* that we "dress up" the park for Halloween in the last week of August; it's just way too early for Halloween stuff. But then again, the Christmas decorations start going up at midnight on Halloween night - before November 1st - which, again, is way too early.:rolleyes: Christmas stuff should go up *AFTER* Thanksgiving. :D

sophie peach
09-06-2008, 09:03 AM
the parties are really early this year, that probably why the decorations are up so early.
i must admit that August is pretty early to be getting ready for halloween!!:thedolls:

LauraleeH
09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I definitely don't mind! We always get ready around here in August anyways! And November 1st, Halloween comes down and Christmas goes up ;) TIme just goes by too fast for us, so it makes sense...

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
09-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Why do they do it? Have you ever watched Law & Order or any other investigative type tv show? Do you usually hear them say "follow the money"? Well, follow the money! I'm not blaming or faulting them for this, but Disney can sell tickets for this hard ticket event and get extra revenue. The decorations are stored and fairly easily put up, and lots of folks love them.

I love MNSSHP!