PDA

View Full Version : general questions for trip in November

TwinPrincesses
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
We always visit the first or second week in December. But this year due to changes in school, ballet and marching band schedules (I think my kids are in two many activities), we had to move our trip to Nov 17-21.

I was so happy to see that we will be able to see the Christmas parade on our last day. I am worried that the whole time we are there, we will see nothing but castmembers decorating everywhere--or is that done at night?
Is this a busy time (right before Thanksgiving?) Are there any Thanksgiving themed changes? What should I know about going in November?
Don't get me wrong--I am very excited to go. Our littlest one is finally big enough to go on most rides with us. No more baby switch pass and tears--yeah!:cloud9:

dixielandings
09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I was all set to allay some of your fears about November when I saw that you are Disneyland, not World. However, November is my favorite time of year to visit DW and I can't imagine it would be any different at DL (which I also LOVE with much fervor). At WDW, the Christmas decorations are pretty much set by early to mid-November so no, you shouldn't see CMs running around with tinsel. Even so, most of that is done in the overnight - like when DH and I stayed at the Dolphin one November - we went to bed one night with a huge fountain in the lobby, the next morning it had been replaced with a giant poinsettia tree! I guess the elves did it while we were sleeping. :secret:

You should have a great time! Let us know what it's like.

tinkwest
09-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I have always enjoyed visiting in November. The week before the Thanksgiving break shouldn't be too crazy yet. Christmas decorations should be up everywhere by that time.

I love the Christmas Fantasy parade! Try to make time to see it. Also go over to Big Thunder Ranch and visit the Reindeer Round-up. It should be open by the 21st.

DLR kind of jumps from Halloween to Christmas, not necessarily anything Thanksgiving themed that I can think of.

badkitty
09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
You should be okay crowd-wise. You will be leaving right before Thanksgiving break begins. My mother loved that week for DL and we went often. Don't forget the rain gear though! You never know!

tdhiatt
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
My thoughts and hopes are that we are going between the 2 holidays, so it should be great. I am also concerned. My biggest concern is that the castle will be covered.

NotaGeek
09-06-2008, 02:05 AM
My thoughts and hopes are that we are going between the 2 holidays, so it should be great. I am also concerned. My biggest concern is that the castle will be covered.

All the decorations are up by the first weekend in December -- that is generally the big launch of the Christmas season, so the Castle will more than likely already be covered with lights. I normally go to the park the 1st weekend in December and the park is fully decorated, including the castle.

MegaDisney
09-09-2008, 12:01 AM
The decorations are actually usually all up by Thanksgiving.

It is the perfect time of the year to visit Disneyland!