PDA

View Full Version : I always do this!!!

Jen C.
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Once again, I have (at the last minute) added days to our upcoming trip. originally we were going 9/16-9/21 with the free dining promo. I had air booked, ADR's, MNSSHP, everything in order.

Then DH mentions he has Mon the 15th off as well. Well, why not go down over the weekend then?? So, I called Central Reservations, and they were able to add 2 days on to the front of our trip with free dining and everything. Next, I try to change my non-refundable airfare. Round trip on Northwest. Couldn't change it, because it was within the 14 day window, so had to rebook one way and keep the return protion of our flight. Then, jumped over to Airtran and booked a one way for our outgoing flight. but, oops!, the outgoing flight was WAY more then I though on the 14th so I moved it to the 13th. Called back Central Reservations, and added a room- only at GF for the 13th. Then tried to add dining for the 14, and 15th (Could only get lunches, that's o.k. though).

$2K later, perhaps I should have left well enough alone. Anyone else chronically change their plans?, or am I the only one this :spend::crazy::ill:???

tinksmom02
09-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I would love to be able to add days onto my trip, but I think DH would kill me. Sat-Fri seems to be about his Disney limit.

Have fun, though! We're arriving on the 13th, too! :mickey:

judoma
09-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I know what you mean! In the 2 Disney trips that I have planned so far, I ended up adding days. WhenI was ready to buy airfare, I found that it was significantly cheaper to fly out the day before the originally planned days. So it ended up working out that I save a few bucks or almost break even by adding the day vs buying the more expensive plane tickets on the originally scheduled days! :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
09-06-2008, 08:23 AM
lol, me and DBF were just talking about this last night. We have changed our ressies four times :blush: lol...First we were going from January 2nd to 8th, 7 nights...then our friends backed out so we decided to change resorts because we would be using a different type room now, so we changed to BWV, lol well to make a long story as short as possible. We were going from January 6th to the 13th, then I came up w/ a BRILLIANT idea, that what the heck, we were originally coming back on a wednesday night, and taking thursday off from work, so whats one more day taking off work, lets come home on friday night...so now we are going for 10 nights!!! woooooo!!! DBF didnt argue either, he called our DVC and booked that day! lol...no problems...well, come to find out, it was CHEAPER to fly back on a friday night than that wednesday, so the money we saved by moving the fly back date to the friday is the same amount of money we needed to tack on two days, so I look at it as we added two days to our trip to the world for free!! :cloud9::thumbsup::number1: