PDA

View Full Version : Tonights MNSSHP (sept 5th)

Pop Centurion
09-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Slight drizzle right now but the weather channel says it should just be cloudy tonight. :) My girlfriend & I are excited.
If anyone there see's a bald guy wearing a white Carmelo Anthony jersey (no its not my costume) be sure to say hi.
hope everyone there has a great and dry time.

blueyedprincess
09-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Anyone going to the party tonight? I want details, pictures, stories, anything!

Please let me live vicariously through you! We won't be going until October of next year. :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Have fun at the party! I hope the headless horseman gets to run.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I was there and I just have to say....

WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO MY FIREWORKS?!?!?!?!

It's obvious Entertainment is getting cut back....they removed the entire Maleficent section of the fireworks, which happened to have been my favorite part.

Also, there were less on the perimeters.

But, I still loved it. You might have seen me along the bridge to Adventureland or Liberty Square. I was on Parade Control. SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!

I got a kiss from Jack!:cloud9:

Pop Centurion
09-06-2008, 01:16 AM
just got on the bus back to Pop. Had an awesome time. This was my first MNSSHP so I wouldn't know what was missing. It was much more crowded than expected but I was still able to get perfect spots to video the parade, fireworks, & Villian show. My only regret was missing Donald dressed as a pumpkin. Probably our best moment was when the Queen of Hearts was making a big deal over me and brushed my girlfriend away and wouldn't let her pose for a picture. hahahahah. Oh BTW, the headless horseman did ride. Very cool!!!!! I'm sure I forgot something but I'm tired and the keys on my palm are getting smaller as the seconds go by. Hope everyone there had as much fun as I.

crazypoohbear
09-06-2008, 04:31 AM
glad you had a good time. I'll be there in 2 weeks!!!!

sophie peach
09-06-2008, 08:51 AM
im there in 2 weeks!!!

Pop Centurion
09-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Jessica, was it a CM or the guest that was wearing the Jack costume? That was a great costume if you didn't happen to see him. He even got into chacter and talked like him. All the young girls were going crazy over him.

Also I felt kinda bad for this little girl who wanted to get on the HM but her mom wouldn't let her. She was obviosly very religious because she told her there were a lot of things going on that god wouldn't agree with. Now I'm not into religion at all and don't have a problem with anyones beliefs but I can't see where anything could be considered evil or wrong here. okay well maybe a few things in the HM could be but it's not in bad taste IMO. I just felt sad that a child couldn't experience all parts of Disney that she wanted.
Sorry for going OT. Back to the MNSSHP.
I got some real nice shots of the pumpkins and lit up Mickey pumpkin head at the entrance with all the fog. I also got a shot of all the cards posing together as they filed out from the Alice in wonderland candy trail.
I almost forgot. We seen Snow White and all 7 Dwarfs walk by. I managed get a small bit of video but it was dark. It wouldve been awesome to get a group picture with them all. Jessica, do you know if they were doing pictures anywhere or just walking through?

Jarrod
09-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Did they really change the fireworks??? This is our fav nighttime fireworks show, and we have a trip planned for October specifically for the Party. Any other changes we should know about?? Any comments are appreciated.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I guess no one went to the party? I too would be interested in hearing about it since I'll be going in 20 days.

Pop Centurion
09-07-2008, 01:18 AM
We were there and had a great time. See my post which should still be on the first page for more details. I mainly took video but when I get home from Disney I'll upload the pics I did take to share with you all. Also if I can compress the video of the parade and fireworks small enough, I'll share that also.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-07-2008, 02:43 AM
It was the character we have that blew me a kiss from the parade. He remembered me from when I worked at Emporium (we have a tradition there to follow Jack's float from door to door and blow kisses and wave to him) and was looking at me like "Why are you here?!" So he snuck me a few kisses.

I think I did see the Guest Jack though.

Snow and the Dwarfs were doing sets by the Tea Cups, but their line was insanely long. My trainer for CA had that shift last night.

And the only change to the fireworks is the removal of the Maleficent part and less fireworks on the perimeters. It goes straight from the Oogie Boogie part to the Scream-a-long. If you didn't know if was supposed to be there, you wouldn't have noticed. I have the soundtrack and listen to it quite frequently so needless to say....I noticed.

LauraleeH
09-07-2008, 01:28 PM
It was the character we have that blew me a kiss from the parade. He remembered me from when I worked at Emporium (we have a tradition there to follow Jack's float from door to door and blow kisses and wave to him) and was looking at me like "Why are you here?!" So he snuck me a few kisses.

I think I did see the Guest Jack though.

Snow and the Dwarfs were doing sets by the Tea Cups, but their line was insanely long. My trainer for CA had that shift last night.

And the only change to the fireworks is the removal of the Maleficent part and less fireworks on the perimeters. It goes straight from the Oogie Boogie part to the Scream-a-long. If you didn't know if was supposed to be there, you wouldn't have noticed. I have the soundtrack and listen to it quite frequently so needless to say....I noticed.
I just got back!!! I will be writing a trip report soon...but I just wanted to say here that I am also sad and a bit disappointed that they took it out...it was also my favorite part of the fireworks.
Anyways, be sure to check my report for more info! ;)

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I

I too listen to the soundtrack often. I'm disappointed to hear they removed that from the show. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to going in 5 weeks.

tinicummom
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
This was my 3rd MNSSHP. It is still one of my favorite things, but I definitely saw a difference this year. Not sure if it was because it was the first party of the season, but I got much less candy, not for lack of trying. I think there were less candy locations and also the CM's were not as generous as they had been in year's past. Not as many costumes this year, but also not as crowded. I think because it was so early. We were also told that a witch would fly in lieu of Tink, but no one flew (possible a little too windy). The headless horseman did ride though! In general throughout my entire trip this time, we saw less characters out and about.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
There hasn't been a witch who flies for MNSSHP in all the times I've seen it, nor was there one scheduled.

Imagineer1981
09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
There hasn't been a witch who flies for MNSSHP in all the times I've seen it, nor was there one scheduled.

Lets ask Jim Hill...he'd know!!! HA HA HA:fresh::laughing::funny:

Pop Centurion
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Lets ask Jim Hill...he'd know!!! HA HA HA:fresh::laughing::funny:
ZING!!!!!! hahahahahaha

tinicummom
09-10-2008, 12:20 PM
The only reason I asked about the witch, is because early that day we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour and our guide told us that a witch flew instead of Tink during the MNSSHP.

Imagineer1981
09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
would be interesting though to have a witch, its a good idea, epecially if it was Mad Madam Mim

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
The only reason I asked about the witch, is because early that day we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour and our guide told us that a witch flew instead of Tink during the MNSSHP.

Wow, that's the first time I've known them to give out completely incorrect information. Never been a witch. Not a place for her to fly in the track.

joelkfla
09-11-2008, 09:22 AM
According to this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110723&highlight=witch+fireworks), there was a witch, at least at some time before 2007.

Perhaps that was before Hallo-Wishes was introduced.

tinksmom02
09-11-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember a witch, not Tink, when we were at MNSSHP in October, 2004.

Imagineer1981
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
looked all over youtube but couldn't find any video...now I really want to know. I don't remember there ever being a witch when I worked there

KAJUNKING
09-11-2008, 11:33 AM
we were at the party on the 5th and we had a fantastic time, this was our 2nd time going to the party and im about to start planning our trip for next year at this time! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
According to this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110723&highlight=witch+fireworks), there was a witch, at least at some time before 2007.

Perhaps that was before Hallo-Wishes was introduced.

Actually, the poster referred to Hallo-Wishes. And another poster after that said she also never remembered it in the show. Only one person said it was the Old Hag, but I can say based on the audio track, there isn't a part for her in the audio.

HalloWishes premiered in 2005. So there are only a few years it's been going and I don't remember the witch in it.

LauraleeH
09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I remember being told that there was a witch in 2004.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe it was the old show because HalloWishes didn't start until 2005.

LauraleeH
09-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Maybe it was the old show because HalloWishes didn't start until 2005.
Did the old show even have a name? I didn't start going until 2005 and it seems impossible to find information from anything before that.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-11-2008, 10:49 PM
It was Fantasy in the Sky with a holiday finale.

I was able to find one video on YouTube but it's soooooo shaky and blurry you can't tell if it's a witch or not but something flies. Look up Fantasy in the Sky Halloween and you should find it.

LauraleeH
09-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks!

McGoofy
09-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Ok...I'm sitting here laughing because when I started reading the thread, I thought, "I know I saw a witch fly down to start off the fireworks at the very first MNSSHP that I ever went to." So I clicked on the 2007 thread link that was listed, and it was my post!;) So, let me try to clear a little bit of confusion. When I wrote the post the first time, I guess I was just basing the name of the fireworks on the most recent time I had been (which at that time was October 2006), and that was Hallo-wishes. So now I went back to my scrapbook to see exactly what it was. I did use the wrong fireworks name. I went October 31, 2003, and I have the Mickey's Not So Scary map/time guide that they they gave out that night. Unfortunately, it was before I had a digital camera so I don't have any digital photos to share. However, I promise you that our party of 9 stood there and watched some witch kick off the fireworks show! The fireworks do not have a name. They are listed in the brochure as "Special Halloween Fireworks," and then a description says "The night sky lights up high above Cinderella Castle. You never know who will appear on a night like this. 9:15pm." My best friend and her family had been before, and she told me before the fireworks that the witch was going to start it off because she had seen it the year before. So I do know there was a witch in 2002 and 2003. The one in 2003 I saw for myself! I hope this info helps.

LauraleeH
09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Ok...I'm sitting here laughing because when I started reading the thread, I thought, "I know I saw a witch fly down to start off the fireworks at the very first MNSSHP that I ever went to." So I clicked on the 2007 thread link that was listed, and it was my post!;) So, let me try to clear a little bit of confusion. When I wrote the post the first time, I guess I was just basing the name of the fireworks on the most recent time I had been (which at that time was October 2006), and that was Hallo-wishes. So now I went back to my scrapbook to see exactly what it was. I did use the wrong fireworks name. I went October 31, 2003, and I have the Mickey's Not So Scary map/time guide that they they gave out that night. Unfortunately, it was before I had a digital camera so I don't have any digital photos to share. However, I promise you that our party of 9 stood there and watched some witch kick off the fireworks show! The fireworks do not have a name. They are listed in the brochure as "Special Halloween Fireworks," and then a description says "The night sky lights up high above Cinderella Castle. You never know who will appear on a night like this. 9:15pm." My best friend and her family had been before, and she told me before the fireworks that the witch was going to start it off because she had seen it the year before. So I do know there was a witch in 2002 and 2003. The one in 2003 I saw for myself! I hope this info helps.
That's awesome, thanks for sharing! ;)

Do you know when the MNSSHP first started? What year?