PDA

View Full Version : Family Magic Tour!!

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
After deliberating for our last two trips, I've decided and offically booked the Family Magic Tour for October. The kids are 5 and 7, and are still in love with Peter Pan and Wendy. :peter:(are they still in the meet and greet at the end?)

For those of you who have done this tour before, can you give me any ideas or tips on how to maximize the fun and make it as special as possible?

Thanks!! :mickey:

mook3y
09-05-2008, 02:44 PM
we did this last year and had a blast.

They do not gaurantee that it will be peter and wendy, but it was for us.

Takes lots of pictures and be willing to act silly and you will have a great time!

MickeysEars
09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
And what is the Family Magic Tour? I must go research this. BTW, this is why I love this site, I am always amazed that there is something new to learn. I think I know A LOT about DW and here is INTERCOT and all you wonderful people to humble me. :rocks:

MickeysEars
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Has anyone taken this tour that can tell me about it?

DisneyWhirled
09-08-2008, 09:02 AM
We have taken it and loved it. We took it with our friends family as well. The ages of the kids at the time were: 7, 6, 4, 3, 18mos. (and then the 4 adults).

We travelled all over MK with our guide and did silly things. We also got to meet PP & Wendy and had some great photo opportunities. Our friend asked Peter how to get to Never LEVER land...and Peter picked on him the rest of the time about that.

After our photo op, we hopped, skipped and jumped to Mickey's Philharmagic where we got the front row with no wait and Peter narrated it for us.

It was a great time and we were not dissapointed! PM me if you have any questions!

Spindrift
09-08-2008, 09:15 AM
The Family Magic Tour is a lot of fun. It is even more fun if the adults are not self-conscious and join in the fun. You will do a lot of silly things in the park in front of other guests. Just go with the flow and you'll have a great time.

MickeysEars
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM
is it a personal family tour or are you mixed in with other families?

DisneyWhirled
09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
is it a personal family tour or are you mixed in with other families?

You are mixed with other families. I want to say our group was about 15-20 people.

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
The reason I ask is that my parents will be with us and are not very fast paced, will they be able to keep up? Because I would really like to see my dad act silly, I have been waiting my whole life for that. And how long does it last, would we be losing a MK day by doing this? I know I have a lot of questions but I have not been able to find the answers to some of these questions and am really interested in surprising the family with this.

DisneyWhirled
09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
The reason I ask is that my parents will be with us and are not very fast paced, will they be able to keep up? Because I would really like to see my dad act silly, I have been waiting my whole life for that. And how long does it last, would we be losing a MK day by doing this? I know I have a lot of questions but I have not been able to find the answers to some of these questions and am really interested in surprising the family with this.

The tour is 2.5 hours held in the AM. I think that your parents could keep up (the walking pace is normal and there are stops for breaks). Strollers and wheelchairs would follow around fine.

The cost is around $27/pp.

Wickster1970
09-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Where would I find out about signing up for this? :confused:

DisneyWhirled
09-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi There!

Try calling 407-WDW-TOUR.

Also, check here on Intercot under Info Central/Special Tours for more info.

Enjoy!!

mouseketeer mom
09-11-2008, 01:43 PM
This was a whole lot of fun. It helps if the other families on the tour are up for the fun too. Put away your self consciousness! We pretty much had to crawl on the floor thru Cosmic Rays at lunchtime. We had Claudia for a tour guide and she went above and beyond involving each and every child (and grown up too!) There are ice breakers in the beginning..like we had to go around and say what Disney character we are most like..and Peter and Wendy were at the end. We made total fools of ourselves in between and had a blast!! Have fun!