PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdon on New Year's Eve??

fanohpooh
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
We are going to Disney World for a gymnastics meet Jan. 2-5th and have decided to travel earlier and stay over New Year's Eve. What speical events are held that time of year? Any special parades, fireworks, etc? Any recommendations for character dining if we aren't too late to book?

tink'72
09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
We went NYE 2003/2004 and it was INSANE. I can't stress that enough! We ate at Crystal Palace and had a fantastic dinner. The fireworks that night are AMAZING. They come from all different directions BUT if you want to get a spot right in front of the castle get there early. We got there at about 10:00 and you couldn't even move. Did I mention it was INSANE. The park reached capacity at 9:30 in the morning so get there early......

With all that said. I would go again in a heart beat for NYE...enjoy!

Imagineer1981
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
NYE is like July 4th...way to busy! The fireworks are "360" meanining they sort of circle you if you are standing at the hub. They are very cool, but be prepared to wait in very long lines and feel like a sardine

big blue and hairy
09-05-2008, 11:34 AM
It is absolutley nuts. Its way too crowded and DW and I won't be doing it again.

:sulley:

LittleRoosMommy
09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
We did it NYE 2001/2002 and loved it!! It was very crowded, but we didn't mind. I would agree with one of the other posts above to get there early!! The park reached capacity very early in the day.

It's really amazing because the Christmas decorations are still up and the Very Merry Christmas parade is still being shown. People were generally happy throughout the entire day/night.

The fireworks are unbelievable!! It's even more impressive standing on Main Street facing the Castle. But they envelope the park, so you would have a great view from anywhere in the park!!

DH & I would do it again in a heartbeat!! MK is a special place for us though (DH proposed to me in front of the Castle that night!) I'm not sure I would do it with very young kids though. DH & I will be waiting until DDs (2 & 4) are much older before we take them for NYE. But we can't wait!!

I hope you have a great trip!!

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
We have done it twice and can't wait for a chance to do it again, but as others have said it is a zoo!!

At this late date, you may have trouble finding rooms for the dates you want and ADRs may be almost impossible unless you are VERY flexible as far as locations and times.

Be warned, it is extremely crowded, very noisy and the lines are huge for EVERYTHING.

But the electric feeling in the air as midnight approached makes it well worth it. And the fireworks are indescribeable!!:thumbsup: