PDA

View Full Version : Jammin' in the Jungle!

Imagineer1981
09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Just curious what everyone thought of this parade. It is DW and my favorite daytime parade. We love it and would hate to see it go. Does anyone else love it or would you rather see it change/go?

***or for many of you, have you ever seen it since AK is a "half day" park..he he

Stickey
09-04-2008, 03:55 PM
The Jammin Jungle parade is a great parade. We see it at least once during our TWO days at the AK.

Imagineer1981
09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
WoooHooo...another AK fan!!!

cer
09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Let me start by saying I love AK!

I think I might be just done with parades. My husband cannot stand all the staking out a "good place" waaay early and I can't stand trying to take pictures with my digital camera. It is so slow to focus that I almost never get the shot I was hoping for. Is it just me??????

That being said, maybe I need to leave the camera packed away, because I like the Jammin' Jungle parade. Love the costumes and the big rolling people powered animals.

I also remember really enjoying the Stars and Motorcars parade back in the day....

wilshade
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
The AK parade is just pure fun. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to be the one which provides the most opportunities for guests to be a part of it.

Also, I have gotten into the habit of heading to Flame Tree BBQ a little before parade time. I get a light meal and find a table in the extreme left area. I can usually get a table there from which I can get a decent, not perfect, view of the parade.

joonyer
09-04-2008, 05:52 PM
We love the Jammin' Jungle Parade, too. Very colorful and love the music.
AK is probably our second favorite park after MK.

IamBelle
09-04-2008, 06:17 PM
This last trip was our first time seeing this parade and we loved it!! It was a lot of fun! I would have loved to be one of the ppl picked to sit on the floats!!

iheartmickey
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I LOVE this parade! It's my favorite and I plan a trip just around it!

I'm sharing my secret location to view the parade ... it's never crowded ... you get a perfect view of the floats and stuff coming toward you! AND best of all no one stands there even after the parade is coming toward you!
Go past Pizzafari and on the left, before the shops and the Child Care center there is a gated area for employees only ... right there near the trash can ... best spot ever! Oh and the last time I was there ... by myself ... they were doing hula hoops and games in that spot right before the parade! :mickey:

BTW ... this parade has the best music ... and you will be singing over and over Mas Que Nada, Mas mas que nada! :cloud9:

Jforrest2
09-04-2008, 09:02 PM
A few years ago we (DW, DS, DD and I ) were lucky enough to be in this parade. It remains one of our favorite Disney memories.

Only 7 Days 20 Hrs 4 Mins 36 Secs until we go back!!!

CaptSmee
09-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Sorry, it's my least fav...:(

EditReject
09-04-2008, 11:28 PM
It is a very lively parade but many of the floats are just regular guests waving the whole time. It is nice that they involve all those guests in the parade but for a viewer it is not all that exciting. That being said, I love AK. Next to MK, I think it is the park with the most atmosphere which is important to me. I do not understand those who feel it is a half day park or a glorified zoo. There is so much to see and do there if you just take the time to do so.

joanna71985
09-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I love MJJP. It is a great parade. Plus the music is really catchy.

Marilyn Michetti
09-05-2008, 02:18 AM
I LOVE the music, but don't necessarily have to watch it to enjoy it. Just hearing it from the shops is almost enough, and, what a GREAT time to browse - everybody else is outside.:thumbsup:

SpecJoe Magic
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Does anyone remember the parade that was at AK before Jammin' Jungle? It was terrible. I remember how happy I was when it was replaced by Jammin' Jungle.

Imagineer1981
09-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Its just unique, plus we have the soundtrack!! my little 6month old baby loves it, calms him down in the car

joanna71985
09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Its just unique, plus we have the soundtrack!! my little 6month old baby loves it, calms him down in the car

I love the soundtrack! I actually got the soundtrack before I ever saw the parade. So the first time I saw it, I could sing along perfectly.:blush:

Disney Doll
09-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I like it, but I have seen it so many times that I wouldn't be opposed to a change. It does have great music!

FenwayGirl
09-05-2008, 02:01 PM
this is my ABSOLUTE favorite WDW parade. The music is the best!!!

As for 1/2 day AK?? We spend at least 2 days in AK every trip.

AnnetteFan
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I really love it, to me it's the best of all the current WDW parades. I like how all the VIP's are featured on their own floats instead of just tossed together on one float like at MK.

I used to watch it almost everyday when I was being scheduled over at AK frequently. Mostly because I had a softspot for Goofy :secret:.

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
it was cute, nice break in the day...

Madzac
09-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Also our favorite daytime parade, we LOVED it!!! This is what got my then 4yo DD to come out of her shell and start liking characters as they were all out shaking hands. We loved it!!!!