PDA

View Full Version : Care Bears/Paul Pressler

MegaDisney
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
So I was watching the Care Bears movie (don't ask) and I noticed it was produced by Paul Pressler. Is it the same Paul that ran Disneyland into the ground in the 90's? I didn't know he had any movie experience.

Mufasa
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Yes, that is the same Paul Pressler, though he is able to claim the production credit since he was VP of marketing and design at Kenner-Parker toys when the Care Bears were launched (part of the reason he got noticed was for his marketing efforts of the Care Bears).

MegaDisney
09-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks Mufasa!

Jasper
09-04-2008, 05:36 PM
And as Disney unfortunately found out being good at marketing a product is not the same as running an empire like the Disney Parks are!

MegaDisney
09-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I've got to learn that IMDB is your friend!

Here is a list of all his credits:

Production Manager:
"The Care Bears" (executive in charge of production) (22 episodes, 1985)
... aka The Care Bears Family (USA: new title)
- The Cloud Worm (1985) TV episode (executive in charge of production) (as Paul S. Pressler)
- The Girl Who Cried Wolf (1985) TV episode (executive in charge of production) (as Paul S. Pressler)
- The Old Man and the Lighthouse (1985) TV episode (executive in charge of production) (as Paul S. Pressler)
- Wedding Bells (1985) TV episode (executive in charge of production) (as Paul S. Pressler)
- Drab City (1985) TV episode (executive in charge of production) (as Paul S. Pressler)
(17 more)

Producer:
"The Care Bears" (associate producer) (2 episodes, 1986)
... aka The Care Bears Family (USA: new title)
- Birthday Bear's Blues (1986) TV episode (associate producer)
- Care-a-Lot's Birthday (1986) TV episode (associate producer)
Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation (1986) (executive producer)
... aka Care Bears Movie 2 (Australia: TV title)
... aka Care Bears Movie 2: A New Generation (Australia)
The Care Bears Movie (1985) (associate producer)
The Care Bears Battle the Freeze Machine
(1984) (TV) (associate producer)
Strawberry Shortcake Meets the Berrykins
(1984) (TV) (executive producer)
Strawberry Shortcake and the Baby Without a Name (1984) (TV) (associate producer)