PDA

View Full Version : NJ Southern Meet - Fall 2008

Mackflava99
09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I would like to see if everyone would like to do a NJ meet on Oct 19th?

A few of us have been chatting about trying to do it in a more 'southern "Nj location-

Wendy*darling was gracious enough to select a good meeting place :
Bahama Breeze (at the Cherry Hill Mall)
possibly 1pm

Please let me know who can make it . If anyone wants to assist please say so.
We are planning to do some trivia and some things to promote some good conversation:)
Any suggestions are welcome

Everyone is welcome from whereever they want to come from !!
As people say "Yes" i will add their names to get a good headcount.

Attendees:
Wendy Darling +1
Mackflava +1 (maybe +3 if kids come)
prprincess

more to come

Thanks,
Bryan

wendy*darling
09-04-2008, 05:19 PM
:joy: Me!! Me!!
:wave: I want to be there! (and DH will most likely come as well)

I love a chance to get together with fellow INTERCOTEES and have a fun meal.

Bahama Breeze sounds very "group friendly." They have a nice group menu selection (salad, entree, soda/coffee/tea) for $20/person (Tax & Tip included).
OR - they will let anyone order off the regular menu if they want.

Oct 19 is a Sunday afternoon (and the Eagles have a Bye week, in case you are wondering :)).
So come on out to Cherry Hill and hang with friends. :thumbsup:

NJGIRL
09-05-2008, 01:00 PM
I would have loved to go especially since Cherry Hill is doable (still an hour ride because I'm really from South Jersey!) but I will be in MK that day :D

prprincess
09-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Count me in!!

And Wendy*darling, I love you for suggesting this location. On a good day, and if I felt like dealing with all of the construction, I could walk there! :thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
09-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I live in Cherry Hill like 10 mins from CH Mall/ Bahama Breeze! I can't believe I won't be around that weekend! :(:(:( I have to go to NY and philly over the weekend for an art class! But Bahama Breeze is a great choice!!
ps-try the lemonade...it comes with a sugar cane stick and its fantastic! And 1pm is a good time, if you go at night you have to wait for about 2 hours!

Mackflava99
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow it seems like we picked a popular weekend!!

FYI- we will send out directions etc once we get closer to the date.

barnaby
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Cherry Hill ain't South Jersey. ;):D

Mackflava99
09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Anything South of the Raritan river is considered south-

But I hear you-

prprincess
09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Cherry Hill ain't South Jersey. ;):D
How did I know that you were going to "say" that? ;)

Tinkerbella16
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
I live 20 mins away from Cherry Hill Mall... haven't been to a meet before...it sounds like a lotta fun!

Will let you know!

TiggeRia
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I might be interested in coming, too! I have never been to a meet before and it is a bit of a drive, but if I have off of work that day I'll probably come! :mickey:

Mackflava99
09-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Well we hope you can make it, please let us know. It should be fun, at least we will try our best to make it a fun meal :)

PirateLover
09-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey I live right across the bridge and I even taught for a few months at Cherry Hill H.S. East as a sub.

This seems like a good weekend for me (good idea picking a bye week). Unless anything comes up with school that I'm not aware of, I will be there! My fiance doesn't get his work schedule until the week before so he'll be a last minute decision.

Looking forward to meeting you! I've never done a meet before.

wendy*darling
09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
That would be great Maryanne, Ria and Tinkerbella 16! :thumbsup:

Meets are fun- very low key. Just lunch with friends you haven't met yet! We just all have Disney in common! :mickey:

For anyone in the area who hasn't tried a meet yet- please come out and join us. Nothing formal about it at all.

But we do need to let the restaurant know how many are coming- so please RSVP here on the boards.

I am looking forward to meeting more Intercotees soon.

Scar
09-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Linda,

What is it about these NJ meets conflicting with my reenacting schedule? In April it was our company drill and now this one is the weekend of Cedar Creek.

I haven't decided for sure if I'm going to VA so I might be able to make it this time. Or maybe I'll just leave Sunday morning and stop by on my way home in my dirty uniform not having showered for 3 days. ;)

Minnie Imagineer
09-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey I live right across the bridge and I even taught for a few months at Cherry Hill H.S. East as a sub.

really??! Thats where I go to school!

wendy*darling
09-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Linda,

What is it about these NJ meets conflicting with my reenacting schedule? In April it was our company drill and now this one is the weekend of Cedar Creek.

I haven't decided for sure if I'm going to VA so I might be able to make it this time. Or maybe I'll just leave Sunday morning and stop by on my way home in my dirty uniform not having showered for 3 days. ;)
Actually my husband is on the fence about Cedar Creek too (but I thought it was the following weekend... oops!)- but probably leaning more toward not going.
You stop by any way you want- we'll be glad to have you.

Mackflava99
09-19-2008, 10:17 AM
I tried to sum up who we have so far- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget:)

Updated Attendee list-
Attendees:
Wendy Darling +1
prprincess
PirateLover

Possible:
TiggeRia
Tinkerbella 16
Maryanne,
Scar

Please let me know if i have it all correct-Thanks,
Bryan

Pop Centurion
09-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Put me down +1 as a possible. I'll let you know for sure as the date gets closer. Hopefully a lot of the construction is cleaned up. It's been a mess there lately.

Mackflava99
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I have updatedthe attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget

Updated Attendee list-Attendees:
Wendy Darling +1
prprincess
PirateLover

Possible:
TiggeRia
Tinkerbella 16
Maryanne,
Scar
Shorty +1

Bryan

PirateLover
09-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I have updatedthe attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget

Wendy Darling +1
prprincess
PirateLover

Possible:
TiggeRia
Tinkerbella 16
Maryanne,
Scar
Shorty +1

Bryan

Unless there's another Maryanne, then you have me on both lists under my username and real name! You can keep me on the attending list, with a possible +1

Mackflava99
09-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Whoops i am so sorry- i will fix it:)

Mackflava99
09-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I have updated the attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget

Wendy Darling +1
prprincess
PirateLover(+1 possible)

Possible:
TiggeRia
Tinkerbella 16
Scar
Shorty +1

Bryan

WhiteRose1
09-29-2008, 12:50 AM
hubby and I will be flying home from Disney on Oct 15....so I do not know if we can come, but it might be fun!

Dznygrl79
09-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Would you consider putting a delaware intercotee on the maybe list I just have to check with work first.

Mackflava99
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
kbarletta - Of course- you are more than Welcome to come- We hope you can- We'd love to have you!! Delaware is pretty close- especially if you live near the bridge-

And also Whiterose1- you may need to come to help you get through your Disney withdrawal :)

Bryan

Mackflava99
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
have updated the attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget

Updated Attendee list-
Attendees:
Wendy Darling +1
prprincess
PirateLover(+1 possible)

Possible:
TiggeRia
Tinkerbella 16
Scar
Shorty +1
WhiteRose1
kbarletta

Bryan

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Sorry to bow out of this meet. I've enjoyed the last two I went to, the one in NJ last Spring, and the summer NYC meet. Its been way too stressful and hectic trying to get my bearings since my DF's passing away earlier in the month. I just don't think I'm up for a meet quite yet. I wish you all a great time meeting one another and hope to catch up at another Jersey/NY meet in the future.

Mackflava99
09-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Ok we will miss having you there Lisa, but i totally understand-

Bryan

HeadFairyInCharge
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Some past politians considered Trenton South Jersey Come ON ....

Cherry Hill is South to most of us in South Jersey because everyone knows where that is... then you have those that are from lets say Waterford or Hammonton Home Of the Blueberry farms...
and you can go South East to Atlantic City . Don't get to pickey Jersey is not that big really Is it? :D

Ian
10-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Hmmm ... missed this somehow ...

You can add "Me Plus 3" to the maybe list. I haven't been out to Cherry Hill Mall in ages and it'd be nice to do so in the company of some fellow INTERCOTTERS.

AHOTE
10-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Bryan,
Add me to the "maybe" list please. I will let you know for sure no later than 10/10. I've never been to a meet and I do hope I can be there, it will wind me up for November.
Thanks

prprincess
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
About how old are the kids that are coming?

If they are on the younger side, please let me know and I will bring DS#1 who's almost 4.

Mackflava99
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I have updated the attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget

Updated Attendee list-
Attendees:
Wendy Darling +1
prprincess
PirateLover(+1 possible)

Possible:
TiggeRia
Tinkerbella 16
Scar
Shorty +1
WhiteRose1
kbarletta
Ian +3
Ahote

Bryan

Mackflava99
10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
prprincess- please feel free to bring anyone you want, there is no age restriction.
My twins are 9 but they may not be able to come now because of a conflict. But they came to a NY meet with me and had a blast.

LoriSan
10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm a maybe! I hope I can make it!

Mackflava99
10-10-2008, 10:35 AM
have updated the attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget

Updated Attendee list-
Attendees:
Wendy Darling +1
prprincess
PirateLover(+1 possible)

Possible:
TiggeRia
Tinkerbella 16
Scar
Shorty +1
WhiteRose1
kbarletta
Ian +3
Ahote
LoriSan

Bryan

Mackflava99
10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Everyone- as we get closer, we will send directions etc..to everyonewho is planning on attending-

Hopefully some of the "Maybe's" will be able to say "Yes" :)

Thanks-šOš
Bryan

Tinkerbella16
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
So sorry I will not be able to make it to this one. Was looking forward to my first meet. I have a halloween party that day/night.

wendy*darling
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Only one week to go!

I hope that most, if not all, of the "maybe"s will be able to come.

We need to give the restaurant a final head count by Wednesday this week (10/15). So please post if you are definitely coming by Wednesday.

If you need directions, google Bahama Breeze and where it says "Find a restaurant," enter the zip code 08002.
If you are familiar with the Cherry Hill Mall- Bahama Breeze is located on the Rt 38 side and can only be entered from the outside (no entrance in the mall). Since there is so much construction right now- just park right in front of the restaurant and come in.

Everyone can order off the regular menu, and you can request separate checks. They accept cash or major credit cards.

Depending on our final group size, we will be at 1-3 tables- close together.

John & I are looking forward to seeing everyone who comes out.

And a BIG thanks to Bryan for getting all this together!!! :mickey:

PirateLover
10-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Uggggh. I so wanted to come to this meet but they just dropped a bomb on us at school. The 6th grade teacher is leaving this friday and all of the rest of us are getting moved around. On the 20th I become an 8th grade teacher instead of 7th. I pick up 6th grade social studies in addition to 7th and 8th which I was already teaching, and I have to teach 8th grade languages as well. Needless to say it's quite a stressful time and I am going to need all day sunday to prepare for the switch. I am sorry :(

DebC
10-14-2008, 01:22 AM
I"m local too, so if it's not too late to sign up, I may make this one!

We leave for Disney World on the 25th!

wendy*darling
10-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Deb- it's not too late- we'd be glad to have you. :mickey: Will you be bringing anyone with you?

Maryanne- I am so sorry to hear how stressful work is for you right now. We will miss having you at the Meet. I was looking forward to meeting you! We'll try to have another one in the not too distant future.

prprincess
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Please add +1 for me because I'd like to take DS#1.

But, and this is a big but, my husband works at the brand new Please Touch Museum here in Philadelphia and has been working MAD OT. He doesn't have his schedule for next week, but if he does have to work on Sunday, I won't be able to make it. So just a warning in case I have to bail last minute. Sorry about that! :(

Mackflava99
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Below is the updated attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget to come!!!!

Anyone in the maybe catagory- Hopefully you can make it !!

Updated Attendee list-
Attendees:
Wendy Darling +1
Mackflava
prprincess +1

Possible:
Deb C
TiggeRia
Scar
Shorty +1
WhiteRose1
kbarletta
Ian +3
Ahote
LoriSan

Bryan

Mackflava99
10-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Tinkerbella and Pirate lover- We are very sorry you could not attend, but we totally understand-
Hopefully nextt time we can work out a better date for both of you :)

Deb C- We'd love to have you !!! please let us know if you are definitely coming

prprincess- I added the +1 -
and while we hope you can make it, we understand if you have to miss it.

As Linda stated, we will need a headcount by Wednesday !!

Thanks everyone- i hope we get a nice crowd !!

TiggeRia
10-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I will come, but I think it will be just me. I haven't been able to convince DBF to come with me. I will need directions on how to get there (from NW Jersey) or an address so I can get directions. :mickey:

Mackflava99
10-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for letting us know-

Bahama Breeze
2000 Rte 38, Suite 1170
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Phone: (856) 317-8317
Fax: (856) 317-8318
[URL="http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations2/map.asp?RestaurantID=3036"]
I am pretty sure its in the Cherry Hill mall-
I am coming from Sayreville Nj so i will basically be coming the same route as you-

NJ Turnpike to exit 4 Route 73 to Route 38

I will IM everyone my cell # in case you get lost etc-

Mackflava99
10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Below is the updated attendee list-- We'd love to have all of you so if your plans change, don't forget to come!!!!

1:00 PM at Bahama Breeze in Cherry Hill Mall- ( near Disney store)

Updated Attendee list-
Attendees: (6 total)
Wendy Darling +1
Mackflava
prprincess +1
TiggeRia

Possible:
Deb C
Shorty +1
WhiteRose1
kbarletta
Ahote
LoriSan
( Removed Scar and Ian)
Bryan

Scar
10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I am going to Cedar Creek this weekend, so unless something changes, I won't be passing Exit 4 until sometime after 6:00 PM Sunday. Sorry.

Mackflava99
10-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for getting back to us- Hopefully the next meet will work for you- Have a great weekend regardless!!

Scar
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey Bryan,

I just noticed your from Sayreville. I work in Perth Amboy. My company demo'ed the old NL plant.

wendy*darling
10-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I am going to Cedar Creek this weekend, so unless something changes, I won't be passing Exit 4 until sometime after 6:00 PM Sunday. Sorry.
Looks like you are going to have a great weekend- weather wise. Nice and crisp!
We'll try again sometime- and perhaps I'll look at the re-enacting calendar next time! ;)

AHOTE
10-15-2008, 10:58 PM
:( Sorry, but I won't be able to get there. I was really hoping to meet and make more Disney friends. Have a great time and I'll keep an eye out for the next meet.

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Scar- Wow, I know where that is- small world :)

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 09:23 AM

1:00 PM at Bahama Breeze in Cherry Hill Mall- ( near Disney store)

Updated Attendee list-
Attendees: (6 total)
Wendy Darling +1
Mackflava
prprincess +1
TiggeRia

Possible:
Deb C
Shorty +1
WhiteRose1
kbarletta
LoriSan
( Removed Scar,Ahote and Ian)
Bryan

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Sadly - we are considering postponing it

Currently we have a cozy table of 6-
Which is cool-

Both WendyDarling and i have no issue still having lunch, we are thinking that maybe we should do it on a day that more people can attend?

Any thoughts?

wendy*darling
10-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I agree-
I am fine coming out to meet you prprincess & TiggeRia. If you are looking for something to do Sunday- I can still come.

But maybe we should postpone until a time when we can coordinate with more members?

Just let us know. I have put off confirming with the restaurant (we have a table for 25 reserved!!!)- but I really need to call today.

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I have not heard back from the other 2- as soon as i do we can decide-

:(

Mackflava99
10-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Ok we are sadly going to postpone this Meet- but we will get back to everyone with some other possible dates-
This will happen, just at another time-
Thanks for your understanding-
Bryan

prprincess
10-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I have not heard back from the other 2- as soon as i do we can decide-

:(Sorry!! I just read your post and PM today. I'm fine with postponing since hubby has to work all weekend anyway, and taking two kids with me to the meet would not have been fun.

LoriSan
10-18-2008, 07:38 PM
bummer

wendy*darling
10-19-2008, 09:38 AM
bummer
I'm sorry too LoriSan.
We hadn't heard back from so many "maybe" people in time to confirm the headcount for the restaurant, that we had to cancel for this weekend.

We'll try it again- probably after the New Year when everyone's schedules settle down.

mouseketeer mom
10-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I was sorry to hear you guys had to cancel, but happy now that I may have the chance to attend the next one instead. I wasn't able to make this one anyway!

PirateLover
10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Sorry to see you guys had to cancel... but at least I'll have another opportunity to meet all of you a little sooner!

Mackflava99
10-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Yes we will pick a better date and give you all enough time to plan better-
Maybe after the holidays-

Early or Mid jan maybe ?