PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy?

Wall-e
09-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I leave for Disneyland in 31 days! :mickey: My son would love to do the Jedi Training Academy, but I noticed it is not on the entertainment schedule when we will be there. The last date it is on the calendar is Sept. 27. Is it possible that they just haven't updated the entertainment schedule, or do you think they don't over the academy during off peak time?

NotaGeek
09-04-2008, 12:46 PM
The Jedi Acadamy is offered all year, and there is a chance it's not on the calendar yet. This is a big refurb time, so it's very possible the show is down to refurb costumes or give the CMs vacation or whatever. Be sure and keep checking the official calendar or our INTERCOT Calendar, tinkwest keeps it very up-to-date.

Have a great time at DLR! :yoda:

avalon451
09-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Do you know some of the tips for getting your son picked?

If he has a Star Wars t-shirt, be sure to have him wear it. Get there a little early so he's up close to the rope. Most of all, make a sign. It doesn't have to be big, in fact it's best if it's just a folded piece of 18x12 construction paper, because security isn't supposed to let people with big signs through. Anyway, put something on it in big bold letters-- I've heard stuff like, "The Force is STRONG with this one," or "Padewan WannaBe" or "Hey, Darth, Your Mama Dresses You Funny" etc.

I've read that they always pick kids with signs first. Especially if they're jumping up and down! Good luck!

NotaGeek
09-05-2008, 02:07 AM
I have seen many Jedi Academies at DLR and I have never seen anyone with signs -- maybe this is something they do at WDW? :huh:

I would get there early so your son gets up close to the front. There are always lots of kids, may the force be with you. :yoda:

tinkwest
09-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Unless there is some sort of refurbishment going on at the Tommorrowland Terrace (and none is scheduled at this point to the best of my knowledge) the show should be running. As Michael said, the times are just a bit slow coming out. Keep checking.

As far as the show itself goes, I've never seen a sign either. Seems a bit obnoxious to me.

Being "ringside" won't guarantee getting to participate, but it does make you more visible & perhaps more likely to be chosen. My nephews have been up close, far back in the crowd, jumping up & down begging to be picked, and standing politely raising their hand. Never been chosen. It's hard to tell how it is going to turn out.

It's fun to watch whether you're on stage or not. Very cute show.

tdhiatt
09-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I saw that there was some Indiana Jones show. Has that replaced it for the summer? I just read about it so I have no idea, I just know when I stopped seeing it on the schedule that the Indiana Jones show showed up.

MegaDisney
09-05-2008, 11:13 PM
The Indiana Jones show is in Adventureland not Tomorrowland. They don't have anything to do with each other.

As stated the times for the Jedi Show are sometimes not released in time for them to be updated on the web.

avalon451
09-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I have seen many Jedi Academies at DLR and I have never seen anyone with signs -- maybe this is something they do at WDW? :huh:

Nope, I'm a regular contributor to [edited per TOS], and there's frequent reports there about the success of sign holding at DL. In fact, someone who knew a CM who worked the Academy said that they like to keep the best signs. Anyway, they have said that sign holders always get picked first, followed by kids wearing Star Wars costumes or t-shirts. But, of course, one should always stick with what makes you the most comfortable. :mickey:

Wall-e
09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Yippee! I just checked the DL calendar and they will be offering the Jedi Training Academy when we are there! I don't know that I will take a sign, but I'm am sure ds will want to wear a Star Wars t-shirt. Let's hope the force is strong with my son that day and he gets picked! :yoda: I will let you know if I see any signs after our trip.

Wall-e
10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I just wanted to update you on our Training Academy experience. It took two attempts, but ds did get picked! He got to battle Darth Maul. We did not have a sign, but there were one or two people at each of the shows we attended that had them, and they were picked right away.

Another tip I learned is that the Disneyland Photographers take pictures during the academy and if you go to the Photo shop on Main Street and tell them which day and time you participated they can pull up pictures of your Jedi and add them to your photo pass. We got some great shots!

NotaGeek
10-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I just wanted to update you on our Training Academy experience. It took two attempts, but ds did get picked! He got to battle Darth Maul. We did not have a sign, but there were one or two people at each of the shows we attended that had them, and they were picked right away.

Another tip I learned is that the Disneyland Photographers take pictures during the academy and if you go to the Photo shop on Main Street and tell them which day and time you participated they can pull up pictures of your Jedi and add them to your photo pass. We got some great shots!
Great to hear! :yoda: