PDA

View Full Version : ?Las Vegas?

dolphinmickey9170
09-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm sorry if this was already discussed....I couldn't find anything when searching.

Does anyone know why Las Vegas with Jerry O'Connell was cancelled? The last episode I saw was DeLinda going into labor during the so-called memorial service.

TheDuckRocks
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM
It is my understanding that the show was cancelled due to the lenghth of the writers strike. Las Vegas was filmed on the largest set of any current TV series and the costs of keeping it rented and available for production after the strike was too much and the cost to dismantle the set and put it back together was also too costly. So, bye-bye Las Vegas. I was very sad to see it end the way it did with basically no ending, especially after Tom Selleck joined the cast.

tinkerbell04
09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
It is my understanding that the show was cancelled due to the lenghth of the writers strike. Las Vegas was filmed on the largest set of any current TV series and the costs of keeping it rented and available for production after the strike was too much and the cost to dismantle the set and put it back together was also too costly. So, bye-bye Las Vegas. I was very sad to see it end the way it did with basically no ending, especially after Tom Selleck joined the cast.

That was my understanding as well. I am really sad to see it go for sure! i really liked the show and the cliffhanger ending was just plain unfair!

MegaDisney
09-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I didn't know this...

I guess I can quit waiting for it to return!

tinkwest
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I didn't know this...

I guess I can quit waiting for it to return!

Same here, Bryant.

Too Bad. :( One of the few shows I actually looked forward to watching.

Mackflava99
09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Jerry O'Connell isnt in las vegas-

But either way i loved that show- i
and yes it is terrible to end on that note- after that really good episode....

MegaDisney
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Jerry O'Connell isnt in las vegas

He did appear in 5 episodes of the show:

"Las Vegas" .... Detective Woody Hoyt (5 episodes, 2004-2006)
- History of Violins (2006) TV episode .... Detective Woody Hoyt
- Father of the Bride (2006) TV episode .... Detective Woody Hoyt
- Fidelity, Security, Delivery (2006) TV episode .... Detective Woody Hoyt
- Double Down, Triple Threat (2005) TV episode .... Detective Woody Hoyt
- Two of a Kind (2004) TV episode .... Detective Woody Hoyt