PDA

View Full Version : Where is the boat launch at Disney Hollywood Studios...

eas423
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
and how long does it take to get to the Boardwalk? Can anyone tell me the route (it drops off at a number of resorts, right?)?

Where does it drop you off at the Boardwalk? At the actual Boardwalk (near Spoodles, etc) or somewhere else on resort property?

We have an ADR for Spoodles for dinner, but I've never been to the Boardwalk, so I was thinking the easiest thing might be to take the boat from DHS (the park we'll be at that day) to Spoodles and back. Is that a good idea?

I've also thought about doing the reverse, leaving our car at Boardwalk, taking the boat to DHS, and then the boat back for dinner. Most likely we will be heading back to the hotel soon after dinner because of the little one...

What-r-ya, Goofy?
09-03-2008, 10:56 PM
As you are leaving the Studios main gate, bear to the left, there is a walkway that leads down to the boat dock.

The boardwalk is the third stop (Swan / Dolphin first, then the Yacht / Beach Club, then the Boardwalk). The boardwalk dock is right near Spoodles, so it’s a short walk from there. It’s about a 15 to 20 minute ride total.

Enjoy!:mickey:

eas423
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the quick response!!

I meant to also ask, does the same boat also loop to Epcot, or is there a separate Epcot boat from Boardwalk? I can't tell from the descriptions on Info Central.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Yes, from the Boardwalk dock you can go either back to the Studios the way you came, or take different boat to Epcot.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
09-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the quick response!!

I meant to also ask, does the same boat also loop to Epcot, or is there a separate Epcot boat from Boardwalk? I can't tell from the descriptions on Info Central.

Sorry, I don't think I answered your question. Yes you can stay on the same boat all the way to Epcot. It would be the next stop after the Boardwalk.

Maleficent_vf
09-03-2008, 11:59 PM
If you decide to take the boat from DHS to the Boardwalk and you find yourself pinched for time, get off at the Swan/Dolphin stop. It is generally faster to walk from the Swan/Dolphin than it is to ride from there to the BC/YC and then the Boardwalk. Bonus - it's a really nice walk.

DizneyRox
09-04-2008, 04:37 AM
If you decide to take the boat from DHS to the Boardwalk and you find yourself pinched for time, get off at the Swan/Dolphin stop. It is generally faster to walk from the Swan/Dolphin than it is to ride from there to the BC/YC and then the Boardwalk. Bonus - it's a really nice walk.
If you're pressed for time, it's MUCH quicker to walk to the Boardwalk. The only time taking the boat is quicker is the trip from MGM to Swan/Dolphin and that's IF you are able to walk right on the boat and it leaves as soon as you get on. Unless you crawl, you can always walk to Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Epcot faster than the boat will get you there. YC/BC is sortof a wash in time, but if you end up waiting at all for the boat, it will take you longer to boat there. Boardwalk can be a 5-10 minute walk if you walk by the pool and then into the Courtyard.

joelkfla
09-04-2008, 09:32 AM
The boat from Studios to Swan & Dolphin takes 8 minutes; to Boardwalk takes 20 minutes.

The walking distance from Studios to the center of the boardwalk is .96 miles; cutting through the pool makes it .78 miles.

eas423
09-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Ok, this is going to sound silly, so bear with me. I'm not familiar with the Epcot area resorts, so is it obvious how to get to the Boardwalk from the Swan/Dolphin launch?

And you can walk from the Boardwalk to DHS?? Is that path obvious? And isn't there a main road you have to cross?

Imagineer1981
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
the path is obvious, it circles the water. If its hot though, its a hot walk!!!

DizneyRox
09-04-2008, 01:38 PM
It would be quicker to walk to the Boardwalk than take the boat to Swan/Dolphin and walk from there.

The path is fairly obvious, keep to the left as you exit MGM towards the boat launch, but just walk right by it towards the parking lot. It swings around to the left and goes under a couple bridges, etc. I've walked it at high noon and after dark, never been worried about anything dangerous along the way

kakn7294
09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
With a small child, the walk is a bit longer than 5 - 10 min. At a leisurely pace, I would say it would take about 15 min to walk there. It's somewhere around a mile long walk. Exit DHS and walk straight towards the water. The boat launch is to the left, the pathway is to the right beyond where you exit to the parking lots and bus stops. Just follow that straight to the Boardwalk. There will be a few directional signs along the way.

PittFan
09-05-2008, 10:37 AM
We used the boat for the first time this past trip and we absolutely loved it. I would recommend this to everyone. It was a very relaxing trip and it only took about 20 minutes.