PDA

View Full Version : Food Court comparison between GF, Poly, and Contemporary?

eas423
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
What are the different items served at each of these (after breakfast)? We are staying at the Polynesian, but I'm thinking that if the food offerings are a little different at each, it would be nice to hop the monorail to go to a different quick service location.

SBETigg
09-03-2008, 11:26 PM
The deluxes do have quick service options, but I don't think they could actually be called food courts. The pre-made food options, available 24 hours at each monorail resort Quick-Service, are all about the same: sandwiches, salads, fruit, etc. The cooked items and extras are slightly different at each. Slightly.

I'm not sure there's enough variety to want to stop at each for the food, but they do all have different decor and styles that reflect the resorts they are in. It may be worth visiting for that, for a different taste of each resort. I think the convenience of grabbing a quick meal at your own resort outweighs the novelty of resort-hopping for that reason alone.

ilvdisney
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
We recently returned from a stay in the Polynesian. The food choices at the snack places at the Polynesian and Contemporary are very different (not sure about the Grand Floridian)! The Contemporary is much better in my opinion - they have large different types of salads (chef, cobb, etc.), many types of sandwiches (italian, tuna, ham and cheese, etc.), and they have a more 'regular' menu - pizza, hotdogs, stuff like that. The Polynesian had no sandwiches, only offered a small size salad which was asian style only, and their menu had nothing for kids and was very limited for pickey eaters like me (pulled pork sandwich, flat bread pizza hawian style only, etc.). They did have a bacon cheeseburger though. I think the Contemporary snack bar is worth the trip over there. We rarely ate at the Polynesian snack bar and often went over to the Contemporary to eat!

eas423
09-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Perfect info, thanks!!

We aren't really looking to hop around the 3 quick service options for fun, but if one had more choices than the other, I would just know to head straight there. My DD is slighty picky, so I want to make sure I can find things she'll eat.