PDA

View Full Version : New Vegetarians

debandbub
09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi there- we recently (last month) decided to go vegetarian--(much easier than I thought it would be!!). For the most part we are counter service kind of folks, so I can pick and choose there OK, but looking at the menus for the few table service places we have planned on is leaving me a little, well, disheartened. How willing are the restaurants to go "off-menu" to accommodate special tastes and preferences? I don't want to be difficult. When we do a table service meal we basically do it for the atmosphere, but I would also like to enjoy my meal and have an option or two....
Thanks for any input!

aprilisis
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Hey there- I have been Veg for 12 years now & NEVER have I had a problem at WDW. Sometimes it helps to let them know when you make PS arrangements that you are vegetarian, but for the most part restaurants have a meal that isn't on the menu that is standard for vegetarians. In my case, I don't like most of these meals because I don't like Tofu or mushrooms, but they have always worked with me to find something I like. Don't worry at all- they will accommodate you. For counter service, Cosmic Ray's has good veggie burgers & Columbia Harbor House has a great vegetarian Chili. PM me if you have any more questions. :mickey:

Bluesky481
09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I would just like to second what the above poster has already said. I was raised as a vegetarian and have never had any trouble finding plenty of vegetarian dishes at Disney. There always seems to be at least one or two vegetarian options on every menu (often more). Plus, you can request a dish be made without meat. For instance, you could ask to substitute veggies for the chicken in a pasta dish. Just let your server know about your diet, and they will point you toward dishes that will work well for you. Happy eating!:mickey:

debandbub
09-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks! I feel a bit better now. I'm not really all that picky, but my other half is a bit more so. We're in this together, and I am so excited about it, but I'm glad that it seems like her pickier pallet will be satisfied.