PDA

View Full Version : Ride Restrictions

mjaclyn
09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I just recently found out that I'm expecting my second child and I'm about 6 weeks along. We're leaving to go to WDW on Friday and I was just looking at the ride restrictions. Most of them I understand why expectant mothers shouldn't ride, but the two I just don't understand are Soarin and Splash Mountain. I don't remember Soarin being bumpy or super fast and Splash Mountain is basically the drop at the end. Is Disney just being overly cautious here? Splash Mountain is my absolute favorite ride and I'm not sure how long it will be before we get back to WDW.

Also, I didn't see anything about Kilamanjaro Safaris but are there any restrictions for pregnant women on that ride? I really hope not because it's one of my favorite AK rides.

sophie peach
09-03-2008, 07:45 PM
the restrictions are there to prevent any claims.
should the worse happen.
you know your own body
its up to you
take care of yourself and enjoy!!!!!!

DisneyMomma23
09-03-2008, 07:53 PM
i think, like the above poster stated, its for disney to cover their bases in case god forbid something were to happen. also while pregnant your body can react differently to rides you usually love. While soarin is a smooth ride, the feeling of flying and the different scene changes can possibly leave you feeling :sick:
As for the safari, i'm not sure, it can get awfully bumpy, i would check with your doctor to see what s/he says before you leave
enjoy your trip! :D

dismommy
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I believe pirates of the caribbean also has a restriction because of the drop which is only slight, but if POTC is restricted then splash should definitely be. I went when I was 11 weeks pregnant and road neither, but did ride the safari I saw no restriction on the map or at the beginning of the line, but this was 8 yrs ago. Good Luck stay well hydrated and have fun.:mickey:

Harkleroad
09-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I believe that Kil. Safari does have ride restrictions. I know that it is basically a bumpy ride, I truly believe that it is best to be safe. The ride restrictions are there to protect Disney, but they are also there to protect you and your child. Have a wonderful time and congrats on your new addition.

Mich
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I was about 14 weeks pregnant when we were down two weeks ago. As a previous poster said, Soarin' is mostly because of motion sickness issues, but I was able to ride it without a problem. I thought the teacups were far worse for that... I did ride Kil. Safari, which is only bumpy at the very end. Splash Mtn. is restricted because I believe the seats slope down toward the back, and would cramp your abdomen. I avoided that one! Have a great vacation, and a happy and healthy pregnancy! :mickey:

mickey&missy
09-03-2008, 08:59 PM
When went in 06 I was early on in my pregnancy with DS. When I told my Dr that we were going to WDW he said "just don't go on the safari" He didn't go into detail and I didn't ask why. I had figured on not riding anyway. I went with the rule of thumb to not ride anything with a restriction. I would suggest asking the doctor and using your body and best judgement (you know yourself best!) as the guide.

Good luck, have fun and congrats!

BoricuaBell
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I went last year when I was 4 1/2 months pregnant and was aware of all these restrictions and, of course, respected them, but also did not go on a few rides that I knew I wouldn't be confortable in, or could feel queasy. :sick: Just use your best judgement 'cause thank goodness you've been on all these rides before. Oh, and drink alot of water too! Good luck and have fun!