PDA

View Full Version : How is Crystal Palace Dinner Buffet?

Disneyfamilyof3
09-03-2008, 06:53 PM
:party: Hello Everybody!

We will be trying the Crystal Palace Dinner buffet for the first time this next trip in September. :)

How is it? I've heard lots about the breakfast buffet, but I'd like to hear from people who've eaten there for dinner.

Thanks!:mickey:

deedeebee
09-03-2008, 07:36 PM
We love the breakfast:cloud9:
Hate the dinner:ack:

DisneyMomma23
09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
we ate there during our last trip for the first time and it was great. they had a good selection of normal buffet type food. plus the Pooh characters were awesome! they had a little parade with all the kids around the restaurant, it was cute :D i'd definitely try it atleast once :mickey:

joanna71985
09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
CP dinner is awsome!!! I definitely prefer the dinner over breakfast.

crazeedizneefinatic
09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
We ate there last septmeber. It was okay, nothing outstanding, your usual WDW buffet. We are going back the end of the month, we like the atmosphere and characters.

PhilHarHarMagic
09-03-2008, 08:40 PM
It's one of our favorite places to eat - especially if you go when you are hungry.

Hallomagic
09-03-2008, 08:45 PM
We love CP. We go there at least once every trip. My daughter loves to go up and pick her own foods. We have been lucky. The food has always been good eveytime we went.

BoricuaBell
09-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Mmm...Dinner at the CP was as good as the breakfast!

Mom2Princess'
09-03-2008, 09:41 PM
We love it! The food is good and the restaurant is pretty and the character interaction is very good. The kids really liked the parade too.

BlueDorrie
09-04-2008, 12:31 PM
We've been to CP for dinner twice on our last trip and we found the food to be delicious. I actually like dinner better than breakfast.

thrillme
09-04-2008, 12:50 PM
We end up eating there every trip. I have a love/hate relationship with buffets.

Some buffets I really don't like because the food sits out so long...but I love the idea because I get so many choices I'm bound to find something I like and so will the rest of my party.

The Crystal Palace is "good". I've experienced some really AWESOME buffets in Reno and Las Vegas...it's really difficult to compare to those...I love buffets where they have a personalized "bar" such as pasta bar or an omlet bar...

However CP service varies...I've had it very poor and I've had it excellent.

Nut4DW
09-04-2008, 12:55 PM
We LOVE CP for dinner - it's a must do for us. We thought the boiled shrimp and the salmon were excellent. I also thought the key lime was awesome. We had a very good waitress who kept our tea glasses full and cleared away anything we were through with. The character interaction was fun even for us "old" folks. Hope you enjoy!!!

Diznee4Me
09-05-2008, 09:15 AM
The DW, DDand I have eaten the dinner buffet a couple of times with no complaints here. I didn't leave hungry so that is a plus in my book.:D

BeccaO
09-05-2008, 10:26 AM
We love CP, it is a must do on every trip. We love the character interaction and the food is really good. They do a parade with the kids around the restaurant and they wave their napkins in the air, it's really cute. The food is awesome, they boast about their mashed potatoes that are made with yukon gold potatoes, and they are wonderful!!!! Yum Yum Yum!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

PittFan
09-05-2008, 10:51 AM
We ate at the CP last thursday and we are already putting it on our agenda for next year! We loved it and there was something for everybody, even my DD who is the picky eater in the family. :)

megustamex
09-05-2008, 05:58 PM
We think it's a solidly good buffet - nothing earth shattering but good. The salads are particularly enjoyable. It's so hard to get any decent food in MK that we are down to 3 places - CP, Liberty Tree Tavern and Columbia Harbor House. It's a great break with kids.

jpH/keD
09-06-2008, 08:22 AM
We were not impressed with the dinner.
I would consider trying the breakfast. Our favorite buffet was Chef Mickey's!

BUT my best friend and her family LOVE the dinner at CP and make it a must do each trip!

I say at least give it a try. Either way have a magical trip! :thumbsup:

I wish we were going!

ElenitaB
09-06-2008, 12:03 PM
We happen to like every meal we've had at CP: breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Dinner brings heartier food than what's a tthe lunch buffet. My favorites from the dinner buffet are the salmon, their mashed potatoes (they really are good) and the veggie curry. Of course, they have a full selection of salads, breads, veggies and desserts (the latter fall into the "okay" category). And, yes, I'll confess that I do visit the kid's section of the buffet to get a few chicken strips.

MauiMouse
09-06-2008, 12:15 PM
:ditto:

With what Ellen said about dinner. We had a fantastic dinner last year. I loved the mash potatoes, everything that you can imagine and then some.

I'm eating here twice in December for breakfast and then lunch. :thumbsup:

thumperbug
09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
We have eaten dinner 3 times at the CP over the last 2 years. The food is good but the menu has not changed so we are going to skip dinner there for our next trip.

I love the pasta with the bacon and cream sauce. I find that the food is always fresh, nothing has been sitting and they are always cooking up new batches of stuff behind the buffet.

Disneyfamilyof3
09-06-2008, 08:01 PM
:mickey: Wow, thanks for the response! So far, my favorite buffet at WDW is the Boma,both for breakfast and dinner; so I have to see how this compares. The only other buffets @WDW we've done were : Cape May, Chef Mickey's, and Donald's Breakfastosaurus or whatever it was called. My Dh hated Chef Mickey's, liked Cape May ; but I wasn't,...it was definitely an off night(dinner) , and didn't really care for the Donald's character breakfast. We always liked the Boma.

However, with the free dining this fall, we have to do at least *some* one ticket meals, :blush: We have booked no less than 4 2 ticket signature dining experiences! Plus, my nephew (15) who is coming with us loves Pooh and friends.:cloud9:

megustamex
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Have to agree with you on Chef Mickey's (phew I'm not alone!) and Donald's Breakfast buffet at AK (Restaurantasaurus???). We hated both of those buffets and LOVE Boma (our favorite), with Crystal Palace coming in second. Have you tried Liberty Tree Tavern? That is our favorite meal in MK and I believe it is one ticket. It's family style. We like that better than CP and you still get to see characters through the end of the year.

MickeyMousse
09-08-2008, 06:24 PM
It's one of our favorite stops for dinner, although our next trip has us trying a late lunch.
We've always found the food to be good and we never felt rushed.
Enjoy!

Disneyfamilyof3
09-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey Megustamex! Hey, to each their own, right?:)

No, we haven't tried Liberty Tree Tavern; I could probably try and fit it in somewhere. I'm still so stoked that I managed to get TWO Le Cellier dinners! :number1:Not really sure what to sacrifice,...