PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

MILWDIANA
09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Can you tell me how long Fantasmic is???
One hour?? One 1/2 hours???

We will be seeing Fantasmic at 7:30 and would still like to see SpectroMagic at 10:00 at Magic Kingdom.

Is this possible???

Thanks!!!

DizneyRox
09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
It's almost a 1/2 hour. That puts you in the theater at about 8pm. You'll need close to 45 minutes to get out of the park. From there you have a couple of choices. If you rely on Disney transportation which might be your best bet, you're going to be waiting for busses. The best option will be the Contemporary Resort bus and then walk over, but that bus is often shared with the Poly and the Grand. You might not make the first bus.

If you drive, you're going to be fighting traffic out of the park then have to park at the TTC, and ferry or monorail over which will also eat a lot of time.

I'm guessing if you're lucky, you will make it to Main Street around starting time, definitely not any time to find a good seat. You'll also be fighting crowds along the parade route which will also be blocked off by the time you arrive making movement even harder.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
It's almost a 1/2 hour. That puts you in the theater at about 8pm. You'll need close to 45 minutes to get out of the park. From there you have a couple of choices. If you rely on Disney transportation which might be your best bet, you're going to be waiting for busses. The best option will be the Contemporary Resort bus and then walk over, but that bus is often shared with the Poly and the Grand. You might not make the first bus.

If you drive, you're going to be fighting traffic out of the park then have to park at the TTC, and ferry or monorail over which will also eat a lot of time.

I'm guessing if you're lucky, you will make it to Main Street around starting time, definitely not any time to find a good seat. You'll also be fighting crowds along the parade route which will also be blocked off by the time you arrive making movement even harder.

Great advice! You've really captured the true post fantasmic and Disney transportation experience! You would think that 2-hours would be plenty of time to get from the Studios to Main St. But when you break it down the way you have, it's easy to understand why getting around can take up so much of your time. Well said.:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Thats going to be tight. Especially since you are going to be fighting every person in the park to the exit and then the traffic leaving. As stated, it will be tough. The only plus side is the 10pm parade of spectro is less crowded, so that should help once you get there.

DizneyRox
09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I would also note though, don't miss the ending of Fantasmic! if you're never seen it before. Personally I think it's one of the best shows at WDW, and the ending is great with the music, etc.

Mousemates
09-04-2008, 01:54 PM
As has been stated above, it can be done....I mean the show is only 26 minutes...which would end the performance at 8PM. You would then have to deal with the post-performance crowd (which can be a rather lengthy ordeal, especially if you end up sitting down low and to the left of center stage) and make your way to the bus. But it can certianly be done.

However, there may be a price to be paid...and that price will most likely be that sense of "hurried stress" to keep the schedule. To hurry out of the show, hurry to the bus stop, wait for the bus (which can be maddening when your the family at the cutoff point), then hurry through security at the park, and hurry through the entrance, and hurry to find a place where your kids can see (which might end up being in frontierland given the lateness of your arrival).

Now for a theme park commando, none of that will be a big deal...some folks love the "pack every moment to the max" approach of vacaitoning (i.e. I'll rest when I die :) )...however if you like to go at a bit more relaxed pace, or think that by that time of the night that you or your spouse or your kids might be a bit frazzled anyway...maybe do just one of them (I'd go with fantasmic) and save the other for another night or another visit.

tmosier
09-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Don't know if this will work or not as I've not tried it myself, but.... what about taking a short walk along the sidewalk from DHS to one of the Epcot area resorts and then taking a bus from there to MK?

DizneyRox
09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Don't know if this will work or not as I've not tried it myself, but.... what about taking a short walk along the sidewalk from DHS to one of the Epcot area resorts and then taking a bus from there to MK?
Possible, however the fastest is still MGM to the Contemporary and then walk I would imagine. If you are going to the Epcot resorts, you would probably want to do Boardwalk, as that is usually the last stop in that circle of resorts. But it all depends, how fast do you walk, etc. In this case I don't see any of the options listed as the shortest, it would probably be luck of the draw. The contemporary bus might be there and ready to leave, it may be 20 minutes out. Same with Boardwalk, and you never know what kind of traffic you're going to hit if you drive. TTC is a big time eater though, you have the HUGE lot, the tram, the walk trough TTC, then the wait for the ferry or monorail.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-04-2008, 09:37 PM
On my last trip DD and I did fantasmic and then raced to epoct to see illuminations. While I enjoyed both shows and would highly recommend seeing both I will never try that again. All that hurrying and after a full day in the parks. My feet were killing me. This trip will be a much more relaxed pace and that is what I recommend for you as well. If you miss something this time it will give you something to look forward to the next time. Even if like me your trips are years apart. :mickey:

CaptSmee
09-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I would take a bus to 1 of the MK resorts and monorail it over to the MK. You could boat on over to Epcot then hustle to the Monorail, but you would have to really hustle!

badkitty
09-05-2008, 12:49 AM
I would also note though, don't miss the ending of Fantasmic! if you're never seen it before. Personally I think it's one of the best shows at WDW, and the ending is great with the music, etc.

Definitely an ending not to be missed! Just when the show seems like it is over, there is another great scene! A show-stopper. :D

I agree with the posters that say it will be a challenge and you have to hurry. I would get to Fantasmic! early so that you can sit in the middle section and near the back. Or get the dinner package which has reserved seating on the audience right side (close to the exit).

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Aggie97
09-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Does anyone know if they still are running buses from DHS to the TTC at that time of night? (I've only taken them earlier in the day.) That would be another option, although I'm not sure whether it would be any faster than taking a bus to a monorail resort.

If you do sit at the back of the Fantasmic! theater and move quickly as soon as the show ends, getting out of there really isn't too bad. This is what we always do, but it's just two adults in our party, so we can be pretty nimble. :mickey:

brownie
09-05-2008, 07:32 AM
You can do it but you're not going to find a decent place to watch SpectroMagic from. I wouldn't miss out on any of Fantasmic!. You might want to try to fit SpectroMagic in on another night instead of putting yourself under the stress of getting there in time; you'll end up not being able to enjoy it.

sophie peach
09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
25 mins i think
yes you could do both but get a bus not the car

joelkfla
09-05-2008, 11:22 AM
If you are going to the Epcot resorts, you would probably want to do Boardwalk, as that is usually the last stop in that circle of resorts.For the MK, there are 2 separate buses: BW, Swan, Dolphin; and Yacht & Beach Clubs. The last stops are the Dolphin & the Beach Club.

You could boat on over to Epcot then hustle to the Monorail, but you would have to really hustle!But the boat stops at Epcot's back gate, so you would have to walk through half of WS and all the way through FW to the main gate. And then you'd still have to change monorails at TTC.

Definitely an ending not to be missed! Just when the show seems like it is over, there is another great scene! A show-stopper. :DAnd please do not get up during the finale and walk to the exit (unless you're at the very back of the theater on the aisle.) It is very rude to other guests who want to watch the entire show.

Does anyone know if they still are running buses from DHS to the TTC at that time of night? :mickey:Yes, the park-to-park buses run through the close of the later of the 2 parks (MK for the TTC bus.) But that is one of the most crowded buses during the Studios exit.