PDA

View Full Version : FW Cabins??

r4kids
09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
We have never stayed in the cabins and we had a few questions.

1) Are there alot of bugs/spiders in Jan?

2) Can 6 really sleep comfortably?(2 adults 4 kids 13,11,8,5)

3) Where should I request a room? (will have our car)

Any other info, tips or suggestions is greatly appreicated!! :)

Laughin' place
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
My family of 6 had a GREAT time at the cabins in June.
In answer to your ?s:
1) no
2)My wife and I (she has a very bad back) were both very happy with the Murphy bed. Our boys were 15, 14, 13 and 11, and too "macho" to share beds; so we had two in the bunks, one in the double, and one on the floor (on a rotating basis). We were very comfortable and happy there, and would DEFINITELY stay there again.
3) We like Bobcat Bend, 2100 loop. Its centrally located, well served by bus, and easy enter/exit via car. Having your car there is a HUGE plus, well done. I would be hard pressed to go without one. If you request "our" loop, ask for 2130-38 -- they are very near a comfort station (so six dont try to use the cabin's one bathroom). Have fun !:cap:

KAT1811
09-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I have not stayed there in a very long time but we loved it when we were there and are actually considering it for our trip next year.

1.) I've never been in January but I would be very surprized to see a lot of bugs any time of year. We have been in March, September, & October and have never seen a lot of bugs.

2.) When we stayed there we were fine. Two share the bed and the other two get the bunks, the adults get the Murphy bed in the front. Everyone was confortable for us.

3.) This one I cannot help you on but if you have your own car I think you'll be fine just about anywhere.

SFTrny
09-03-2008, 08:04 PM
You will not be able to use the car to drive around inside of FW. There really isn't parking internal to the Fort. Are you getting a golf cart? If you are, then the loop isn't as important...in fact, sometimes more fun to stay further out. Without the cart, the loop becomes much more important.

r4kids
09-03-2008, 09:50 PM
You will not be able to use the car to drive around inside of FW. There really isn't parking internal to the Fort. Are you getting a golf cart? If you are, then the loop isn't as important...in fact, sometimes more fun to stay further out. Without the cart, the loop becomes much more important.

We don't plan to get a cart. I am not too worried about using the car to get around the campground, we are mostly going from the parks to the resort. We will more than likely use the car to do this, so we don't need the cart. The only reason we are even staying the extra days are for the P&PP, so I am very IMPATIENTLY waiting for those dates. :)