PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about my Grandma...

wdwgrl377
09-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I just wanted to ask for some pixie and prayers.

My Grandma (my 2cd mom) passed away this morning, in New Orleans. She was in the hospital for many weeks and took a turn for the worse this morning. She was at Ochsner for those of you familiar with the Metairie, LA area.

My family all evacuated b/c of Gustav she remained in the hospital. The Nurse told my Grandpa she went peacefully and wasn't in any pain at all.

It's funny b/c Gustav is her dad's name - and she passed during her favorite show - the Price is Right which I still watch to this day b/c of her. The family found it funny that this hurricane's name was Gustav and we were like, "Isn't that something..it's like her dad came and got her and took her home".

I'm not sure when the arrangements will be held, etc due to the hurricane. Please just keep us all in your prayers. I am really, really sad, and heartbroken, but deep down I've got a peace about it all. She is no longer suffering and she can walk, run, and do all the things she couldn't do here on Earth. I am so thankful for all she has done for me in my 31 years of living. I had some great memories that will last a lifetime.

pianobabe
09-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayer's. It is always awful to lose anyone. When it is someone you are close too, it makes it that much harder. I am thinking about you.

Melanie
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, Monica. :( I know how worried you were about her being in NO during the storm. :pixie: to you and your family!

Hope0277
09-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Prayers, :pixie:, and :hug: on the way! I'm truly sorry for your loss. Take care.

LauraleeH
09-03-2008, 12:21 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers :(

disneydeb
09-03-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm orry you and your family are in such pain during this time. :hug: and prayers for you all at this time.

mrsgaribaldi
09-03-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm so sorry. :hug:
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for your sweet grandma and all of you.

Kairi_7378
09-03-2008, 07:11 AM
I can't imagine dealing with the loss of a grandparent in the middle of all of the hurricane displacement. Sending a hug and some prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

pogo
09-03-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Monica. :(

We are sending prayers from the North Coast for you and the rest of the family.

Remember.... your loss means God has just recruited another :angel: to look over you. :hug:

RedSoxFan
09-03-2008, 07:37 AM
So sorry for your loss.:(

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Monica, I am so very sorry for your sad loss. :hug: I hope it gives you comfort that she is no longer suffering. Lots of :pixie: for you and your family.

MNNHFLTX
09-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm so sorry about your grandma, Monica. :(

I pray you find comfort in your happy memories of her. :hug:

Grumpy's Daughter
09-03-2008, 10:04 AM
:pixie:I'm so sorry, Monica! :hug:Here's some pixie dust from the East Coast::pixie:

Beach Club Babe
09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm very sorry for the loss of your Grandma. I too, just lost my Nana, and seem to feel very much the same way you do!

Cinderelley
09-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Prayers and Pixie Dust coming from Arizona. I hope your family has some peace in this tumultuous time.

weswerx
09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
So sorry for your loss Monica. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.:pixie:

PirateLover
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I really think there is some symbolism in the fact that she passed away during Gustav. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I smiled when you said she was watching The Price is Right... that is also one of my grandfather (and my) favorite shows! I know this is a rough time for you right now, I've been there. But definitely find solace in the fact that she is at peace with God. There are very few things (if anything) in life worse than watching a loved one suffer in pain.
:pixie: for your family during this time.

wdwgrl377
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you thank you everyone for the kind words, and prayers and pixie dust during this time. I am at peace knowing she is in a much better place, and is back to her self, a better self (body) than she had here on earth. I am excited she has gone 'home', but my heart is still aching here. It was her time. Mentally she wasn't here anymore - just existing. Now she is living - and will be forever now!!

I spoke to my Grandpa today and he is really doing well during this time. He told me that since the day I left home (in New Orleans) that she talked about me daily. I was the daughter she didn't have. I treasure each memory I've shared with her in my life.

Not sure when things will take place. Depends on when things reopen, which shouldn't be that long, and then I will go down there to be with the family.

Thank you all again.

vizsla
09-04-2008, 05:45 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers and :pixie: on the way for you and your family.

IloveDisney71
09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It's hard to lose a close loved one and I think losing a grandmother is one of the toughest loses of all.

wdwgrl377
09-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I will be leaving this afternoon to fly home to New Orleans for the funeral this Saturday.

I am still heartbroken, but as the days go by, but as days go by it's getting better on me. I am crying tears of joy knowing she is at peace, and I'm celebrating the long life God gave her here with me and the family. She will be missed, but I know that I know I will see her again!

Pogo, when I read your comment it gave me chills...I know that God has recruited another angel to look over me! Thank you for sharing that with me.

TikiGoddess
09-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I spoke to my Grandpa today and he is really doing well during this time. He told me that since the day I left home (in New Orleans) that she talked about me daily. I was the daughter she didn't have. I treasure each memory I've shared with her in my life.

Oh, Monica, how wonderful to have shared such a special relationship with your grandmother! My thoughts are with you... and so is your grandmother angel... :)

Kathy

daparish
09-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Monica,
I am so sorry about your grandmother. I know how special she was to you. I know you know that she is save in the arms of Jesus but it still hurts to let her go. I am really sorry I could not make the services. My mom slipped at the grocery store and had to be taken by ambulance to EJ where we spent the day. Call me if you need anything. God bless.