PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

momofaprincess
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
My daughter wanted to go to CRT for her birthday during our trip in October. I called in April and got ressies for 8:10am. My husband found out yesterday that he has a mandatory meeting at work and will have to reschedule our trip. Our CRT ressie is for the morning of the meeting. I called as soon as I found out but there is obviously nothing available for either breakfast or lunch. Any ideas how I can make things special for her short of a ressie at CRT. I feel really bad because for almost 6 months I've been so excited about suprising her and now I can't. Any ideas? :confused:

SAHDad
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, first, I would keep calling. You might get lucky and find a breakfast ADR at CRT that you can make. You might also consider the Princess Storybook breakfast at Akershus, or perhaps a trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

Mickey 101
09-03-2008, 02:02 AM
First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about having to cancel your well-thought-out plans. I agree with the above post....just keep calling even when you're there since the cancellation policy is 24 hours in advance. Something could definitely open up, as long as you're flexible with dining times.

Does your DD have any other favorite characters? Perhaps you can have more success scheduling a different character dining experience. Have a great trip!

SBETigg
09-03-2008, 06:36 AM
It's not the same as eating in the castle, but Akershus in Epcot and 1900 Park Fare have princesses. I would keep calling in case of a CRT cancellation, but make an ADR at one of the others if they're available for a back-up plan. It's hard when you have your heart set, and kids excited, for one thing and have to switch, but in the end, you're in WDW and it usually works out that you're having such an incredible time that you have no regrets. Best wishes.

DDuck66
09-03-2008, 09:31 AM
We love to have breakfast at the CP before the park opens. You get to walk up Main Street with the park being practically empty. One of the few times you can get shots of the castle without anyone else in the picture. Make sure that the CM knows it is her birthday and I am sure they will do something to make it special.

KAT1811
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
We love to have breakfast at the CP before the park opens. You get to walk up Main Street with the park being practically empty. One of the few times you can get shots of the castle without anyone else in the picture. Make sure that the CM knows it is her birthday and I am sure they will do something to make it special.

:ditto:

For us this year we are taking our middle DD to the BBB first thing in the morning (before the park opens) and then heading to the CP for breakfast. We decided against CRT this year. As nice as it is to eat in the castle there is nothing like walking down Main Street first thing with almost no one around and the CP breakfast is fabulous, much better than CRT. A trip to WDW for her birthday will be magical no matter where you eat.

I also agree with PPs call everyday and don't stop calling, you never know when a reservation will pop up. Just think you had to cancel odds are someone else has too.

SAHDad
09-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Another thought - if you do CP before the park opens (which I heartily recommend), either get a CM to take a picture of your family, or use Photopass. It's a great shot, your family "alone" in the MK.