PDA

View Full Version : Horseback Riding

Lone_Nova
09-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Has anybody done the horseback riding at the Circle D ranch? I am scheduled to go on it with my wife in a few days and I would very much appreciate any feedback I could get.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
The family went horseback riding last summer. I am deathly afraid of horses, but had a blast. The guides walked alongside me and kept my mind off the horse the whole time. If you are looking for anything other than a nice walk through the Circle D property, this probably isn't for you. But, if you want a slow fun ride on Disney horses...on the plus side, the guides tell quite a few stories about the horses, which have been in Disney movies, parades, etc.

It does get very hot and steamy, though. Plan on going back to the hotel to freshen up if you are going to a park afterwards. :thumbsup:

SFTrny
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
This is about as tame a horse ride as you can get. Horses pretty much "follow the leader" along the trail route. You literally don't have to do anything but get on and off the horse. One funny part...the horses start speeding up on their own as you get close to the end of the ride because they know it is almost over. :)

If you've never ridden a horse before, this is a great environment to try it out. Our daughters had a blast when we did this 4 years ago, and it was their first time on a horse. It is a fun and unique way to spend time and get away from the parks. Trail bosses are great narrators and you get a classic Disney experience with personal attention from the cast memebers. But, this is not necessarily an exciting trail ride.

As an alternative, you might also consider going over to POR and renting a boat. We did that as well and loved touring the resorts from the river!

Phantasia
09-24-2008, 08:06 AM
I just checked with my bf and he's never been on a horse! Since we're going for 2 weeks, I was thinking that maybe this is the way to introduce him to the equine. ;)

SFTrny
09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
If you are going to be at WDW for 2 weeks, then YES...this will be a lot of fun. Definitely something unique to do. Maybe you can get ADR's for Hoop-De-Doo the same day. ;-)

faline
09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Great for beginning or timid riders - probably a big bore for those who are used to be able to ride at their own pace.