PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel 'Character Quarters' Keep the Magic Alive

Melanie
09-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Disneyland Press Release:

DISNEYLAND HOTEL ‘CHARACTER QUARTERS’ KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE

ANAHEIM, Calif.—August 19, 2008— When it comes to magical vacation experiences at the Disneyland Hotel, it’s character that counts. That’s why the famous resort hotel, located next to Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure parks, is now featuring the opportunity to book Character Quarters – connecting rooms for children that are specially themed with Mickey Mouse or Disney princess décor.

Character Quarters are standard, smaller guest rooms that have a connecting door adjacent to a standard guest room. By reserving Character Quarters and a standard guest room, guests can guarantee connecting rooms, which are ideal for families traveling with younger children. (Character Quarters cannot be booked without a connecting standard guest room.)

Each Character Quarters room features a themed television set and two twin beds. The Mickey Mouse-themed quarters have flat screen televisions, floor-to-ceiling Mickey décor, furnishings, fixtures and amenities that match the rich, blue carpeting with lively “hidden Mickey” swirls and bright golden stars.

The Disney princess-themed rooms offer furnishings fit for royalty. The rooms are beautifully adorned with carpeting, wall coverings, Cinderella comforters and other amenities fit for a princess.

“The all-new Character Quarters allow our guests to immerse themselves in character magic typically only found in our theme parks,” said Tony Bruno, vice president of Disneyland Resort Hotels.

The Disneyland Hotel is the only hotel where guests can stay the night completely surrounded in the world of Mickey Mouse and Disney princesses, extending the magic of their experience at the Disneyland Resort.

For more information, please visit www.disneyland.com or call (714) 956-MICKEY.

NotaGeek
09-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Uh, those princess comforters are kind of tacky IMO. :huh:

MegaDisney
09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree they are very Wal-Mart... but then again I am not a 8 year old girl! :D

Melanie
09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree they are very Wal-Mart...

I thought the same thing! It looks just like a girl's bedroom at home. When I go to a hotel, I want something....different.

Wonder what the Mickey looks like?

Melanie
09-09-2008, 09:34 PM
And here is the Mickey Mouse room.

NotaGeek
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I think the beds and decor are horrible ... they don't even match! This is bizarre and really un-magical IMHO.

MegaDisney
09-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I have two word about the decor of these rooms:

:ack: :ack:

BrerGnat
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Ok, the decor aside, which I agree is awful, I think the CONCEPT is AWESOME. This is long overdue, in my opinion. I wonder how much this costs. I think it is about time that Disney recognized the need for something like this. A lot of families would love an accommodation option like this on their Disney trips, but really don't want to have to shell out for a suite with concierge service. This is really a neat idea. A room with two twin beds for kids is something that a LOT of families would totally take advantage of. They should do this in ALL of their hotels...