PDA

View Full Version : Ak & Epcot Birthdays???

3AMommy
09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
My boys are celebrating their birthdays next week @ WDW. We will be at AK for my DS4 bday, and then EPCOT for my DS8 bday.

I know that they have pins @ MK that they hand out. Do they do anything like that @ AK or EPCOT?

Also, what could we do to make their days special? We are ordering gifts from Disney florist to be delivered to the rooms while we are out. And we plan to tell the restaurants at dinner that we are celebrating their birthdays.

Any other tips?

Thanks!!!
3AMommy:mickey::party:

disneygeek84
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
They give the pins out at all the parks. They might even have them at your resort when you check in, so ask then, too. Then that way you don't have to worry about getting them on the morning of their birthdays and can go ahead and head to the rides.

Hmm...something special for them to do...You could have each of them pick what y'all do during part of the day or something. Say, during the morning, up until lunch, you do anything that they want to do. Or during the afternoon after lunch up until y'all go to dinner. I'm not sure if your 4 year old can read yet, but I'm sure your 8 year old can. Give them each a map of the park they're going to be at on their birthday (you can get them at your resort at any time) and have them mark what they want to do.
That's just an idea off the top of my head. Not that it's very good, I just can't think of anything else at the moment :blush:

Simba'sBud
09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Be sure to let your resort know about the special occasions as they usually have something in the room for them either when you arrive or the day of their b-days. Like the previous poster just mentioned, you should be able to get the birthday pins from the resort, or if you let them know in advance, I'm sure they'll find a way to get them for you.

As far as the 'something special', just make sure that their pins a placed in plain sight and usually a CM along the way will award them somehow! i.e. Letting them at the front of a line for a ride, pulling them out of the audience for a demonstration/recognition, I've seen all sorts of things done for those celebrating special occasions.

Have fun and maybe we'll see you there since we will be there next week as well!

SAHDad
09-02-2008, 12:41 PM
A few years ago, we celebrated DWs birthday at WDW. In addition to wearing the pin, I told the front desk, and she got a balloon, a chocolate totem pole and a card signed by Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs.

I would recommend trying to contact the restuarants ahead of time, and then reminding them when you arrive for the meal.

Have both kids wear the buttons as much as possible - they might as well, and it prolongs the magic.

As disneygeek said, let each one plan the activities for their birthday, even if it mean riding the same attraction 15 times.

KAT1811
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
We will be celebrating two of our three children's birthdays while in WDW (DD#2 will be turning 4 and DD#3 will be turning 2) We are planning on the BBB and a special princess outfit for the little one. Since your children are boys what about having their face painted (they have some really fun boys options) and letting them each pick a special present for themselves?

These are the first birthdays we have ever celebrated in WDW but we are planning pn letting the girls wear their buttons as long as they want. After all the whole trip is a celebration. :party:

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I told the front desk, and she got a balloon, a chocolate totem pole and a card signed by Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs.

I would recommend trying to contact the restuarants ahead of time, and then reminding them when you arrive for the meal.

As far as the 'something special', just make sure that their pins a placed in plain sight and usually a CM along the way will award them somehow!

1) Have your anniversary-birthday-honeymoon-etc noted on the ressie or on ADR's.
2) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
3) It simply is a matter of the CM's initiative and how busy they are that day.
4) It also depends upon how much they like you as a guest.
5) Expect nothing and be pleased with any CM activities.
6) Some of the things a CM can do are
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . free wine or champagne
. . . free appetizers
. . . free cake
. . . free wine or fruit basket sent to room
. . . free flowers sent to room
. . . free room upgrades

SAHDad
09-02-2008, 04:43 PM
5) Expect nothing and be pleased with any CM activities.

That's the most important point, and probably should have been higher on the list. I'm pretty sure that our hotel has been told that our Jan trip is an anniversary one, and I know that it is noted for our ADRs.

Do I expect anything out of it? Nope. Not a blessed thing.

Will I be pleasantly surprised if a CM does something extra-magical for us? You bet! And I'll make sure that I thank them - but again, we both know that we aren't guaranteed special treatment.

Disneyfamilyof3
09-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi:mickey:

We've celebrated many birthdays at WDW:

1)our waiter at the Boma @ AKL sang 'Happy Birthday" to my son in swahili!

2)We all wore b'day pins that we got for free at our resorts:cool:

3) You can order a b'day cake at the podium of WDW restaurants when you check in for only , like, $12. It won't have writing on it , but hey, for 12 bucks at WDW you can't go wrong.:thumbsup:

4) You can also special order b'day cakes, call WDW Dining:secret:

5) for my b'day , December 2006 @the Yacht Club, I came back to my room and there was confetti, balloons, and a birthday cake as well as a card from Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc. One year, my son received a card from Buzz Lighyear and Woody.:party:

6) At the 50's Prime Time Cafe, they brought my son a cake and everyone sang HB to him,...numerous other places did the same, but can't remember them all.:confused: