PDA

View Full Version : Pool ?

Mrs Bus Driver
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
How late are the pools open at the resorts? :mickey:

big blue and hairy
09-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Usually until 10pm to midnight, depending on resort.

:sulley:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks :mickey:, I am staying a CBR if that makes any difference

MNNHFLTX
09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
It's been our experience that most of the main pools (and quiet pools too) are open beyond the official times, but the slide will be roped off and there is no lifeguard service (so swim at your own risk). The one exception to this is Stormalong Bay at the Yacht/Beach Club resorts; the entrance points to this pool are also roped off when lifeguards are not on duty.

Figaro
09-01-2008, 01:39 PM
The pools are usually open from around 6am till 12am. Lifeguard hours are usually 10am till 8pm or 10pm based upon season. 10pm hours are normally spring break and summer. When there are no lifeguards at the pools, all water attractions and water slides are closed, netted up and turned off. :thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-06-2008, 10:24 AM
The pools are usually open from around 6am till 12am. Lifeguard hours are usually 10am till 8pm or 10pm based upon season. 10pm hours are normally spring break and summer. When there are no lifeguards at the pools, all water attractions and water slides are closed, netted up and turned off. :thumbsup:

Thank you, that is just the info I was looking for. If we can use the pool in the evening I won't mind that the slides are roped off. It will be nice just to lounge around after a day in the parks and soak my feet. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
And that hot tubs are usually turned off when there are no lifeguards too.

Darbylew
09-06-2008, 11:06 PM
The pools usually stay open until 10 pm or
12 pm. The lifeguards go off duty around 7 pm
at least I think that is right but you can swim at
your own risk after that. Someone can correct
me if I am wrong. :mickey:

Urbss
09-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Good info!! This is one of the things that makes staying off-site more desirable. When my ex-wife and I went to WDW in 1990, we stayed off site at a place where the pool was open 24/7. That was nice. We would not get in until well after midnight, but we would head to the pool until 2 or 3 AM. It was very nice!!

Seasonscraps
09-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I was always under the impression that you can use the pools & hot tubs 24/7 as long as you are not disruptive to other guests and follow pool deck rules (screaming, running around, using glass containters, etc). We have used both late at night and were never asked to leave.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I was always under the impression that you can use the pools & hot tubs 24/7 as long as you are not disruptive to other guests and follow pool deck rules (screaming, running around, using glass containters, etc). We have used both late at night and were never asked to leave.

How late at night did you go? I will be going off season in 19 days. We plan on using evening EMH most nights, which means the park or parks are closing around 11 or 12. Only AK closes at 8 on EMH night and we are having a late dinner that night. :mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh I just thought of another question, how late are the food courts open if we want to refill our mugs? :mickey:

Belster
09-07-2008, 11:17 AM
The food courts are open at Pop until midnight. I am not sure about the others.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-07-2008, 01:30 PM
We will only be at Pop for the first night, CBR for the rest of the week. Is it midnight at CBR as well? :mickey:

Seasonscraps
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
How late at night did you go? I will be going off season in 19 days. We plan on using evening EMH most nights, which means the park or parks are closing around 11 or 12. Only AK closes at 8 on EMH night and we are having a late dinner that night. :mickey:

We were probably there between midnight & 1 and I am pretty sure I have seen people in there later.