PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania end of Fastpass

dismommy
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I just read on another web site that the single rider line for toy story mania has been taken away and that fast past will soon be gone as well. Why would disney take the fast past away from such a popular ride, this would cause a huge amount of upset among fans of the ride and people who have yet to get to ride it. My understanding is that the stand by time is consistently long and fast passes are often gone by mid-day. Is this true, will it no longer be a fast pass attraction or is this just another pie in the sky rumor?

disneygeek84
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm gonna go with a rumor. The only time I've ever seen them take away a FP from an attraction was for Haunted Mansion, and that's because it really doesn't need it. Lines have been crazy for Soarin' for YEARS and they've never taken FP away from that, so why would they do it for TSM?

But that's just my :twocents:

big blue and hairy
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
That would be really stupid for a couple of reasons (at least).

1. Really busy!
2. It was built with a fast pass que!

:sulley:

medic9016
09-01-2008, 01:05 PM
This is for Disneyland in California not DHS.

MickeysEars
09-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Is it nat as popular at DL? I heard when DCA opened people hated The Great Movie Ride. I think that maybe the differnt coasts have different tastes. I myself am from Ca and love the ride on both coasts :thumbsup:

justice11
09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
my grandson and his family went yesterday to mgm and the line was 80 minutes long and no fastpass available. so they did n't go on it.

Mousemates
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll think I'll go with the rumor mill on this one too...just seems a bit on the odd side to pull fast pass on a ride with a wait this long.

MauiMouse
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
As of last week there wasn't a single rider line, I even asked. Now for the Fast Pass, no way will those go anytime soon. The queue is very cute even for getting a Fast Pass.

Urbss
09-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I couldn't guesstimate on the single rider line, but fastpass - I can't see them taking that away - it just wouldn't make much sense!!

badkitty
09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Is it nat as popular at DL? I heard when DCA opened people hated The Great Movie Ride. I think that maybe the differnt coasts have different tastes. I myself am from Ca and love the ride on both coasts :thumbsup:

Not sure I understand. DCA has never had The Great Movie Ride like DHS. Do you mean the Limo ride that is now the Monster Inc ride? That is way different. I remember people calling it "lam-o" limo. It was really bad.

CaptSmee
09-01-2008, 11:54 PM
I haven't heard anything about the FP being removed. I highly doubt it, not with the waits it's currently getting (2+ hrs). The single rider line is being removed, if it hasn't already. Didn't make sense, seing's how it seats 2-4 per car, there's not usually left over seats for single riders.

Rosanne
09-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Honestly, and I can already see things being thrown at me, it would be a good idea. I'm 99% sure this a rumor and it won't happen (for the reason you see in the replies above- the guests won't be happy). However, for a ride like TSM, everyone will wait a LOT less if there was no fast pass. It's the truth!

Little Round Bale
09-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I agree with Rosanne. I personally think if FP was not there the line would move more. I use FP and have been in line waiting 15 to 20 minutes as the FP folks play thru.

Either way I love the ride and will continue to wait to get on the ride.
:thumbsup:

SoaringEpcot
09-02-2008, 09:32 AM
I just got back from DL and there is no fast pass line for TSM, only a single rider. The line was very long, but it moved very good. the wait time was probably around 25 minutes. We did not think that was too bad. By the way it is a great ride.

Spindrift
09-02-2008, 11:06 AM
No Fastpass might make the standby line somewhat shorter but to say everyone will wait less is simply wrong. Anyone who would have had a FastPass would typically wait a lot longer. If it wasn't true then FastPass would have been a failure a long time ago and abandoned.

Imagineer1981
09-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I am going with rumor for WDW. FP is a great system and for everyone who complains about waiting in stand-by while FP guest go through, my suggestion is get a FP too!

grwoolf
09-02-2008, 10:46 PM
We were also at DL a few weeks ago and no FP on Midway Mania. We rode it a couple times and the wait was about 40 minutes. I was really wishing for fast pass. Interestingly, the line seemed longest right after park opening when EVERYBODY went to ride it. It must have been pushing 2 hours wait, all the way over the bridge that leads into that section of the park by the roller coaster (on sat. morning). It seemed shortest right after lunch and that is when we rode it. Very cool ride. I'm looking forward to riding it with fastpass at WDW in Feb., so I hopw they don't get rid of it.

Bri
09-03-2008, 10:19 AM
we are going to california on sept 10 for 2 weeks. we are really looking forward to riding tsm since we aren't going to wdw til december. hopefully, since people are back in school, we won't have a long wait. i will keep you guys updated!