PDA

View Full Version : Trying 3 new dining experiences

maxrebo77
09-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Am tring 3 of the newer (or redone) spots this year. Any opionions on Tusker House buffet for lunch, Tutto Italia for lunch or Tokyo dining for dinner (what is in a Bento Box anyway)?
As for my others, I know I will enjoy dinner at Narcoosees, and lunch at WCC, but I am also having dinner at Olivia's. Anyone been there lately? It has been a long time for me.
Thanks in advance!
15 days and starting to pack!:party:

ilvdisney
09-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I wasn't going to eat at Tutto Italia but we decided to try it and it was by far the best meal we had during oyr trip. Not sure on the other places - Tusker House's menu didn't have one thing we'd eat but we're very particular about our food!

LebelJD
09-01-2008, 12:46 PM
We think Tusker House is great! It's a buffet and the new menu (started last November) is very similar to Boma, they have many of the same items. The layout is also good, which reduces crowding at the food stations. If you do end up going, ask for Bryan if he's working - he's our favorite server. I would also recommend a cocktail at the Dawa Bar while you're waiting for your table.

artyboy
09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Bento Boxes are awesome.

You usually get a bunch of different things to taste and try, so it's my favorite way to eat at a Japanese Restaurant.

Have fun!

big blue and hairy
09-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Tusker House is terrific! very good food, in a pretty relaxed atmosphere.

We also really enjoyer Tutto Italia. It is much better than Alfredos was the last several years.

Tusker House's menu didn't have one thing we'd eat but we're very particular about our food! I'm not picking, just asking...with rotiserie chciken, pork, steak salads and cold cuts (lots morte but that's the most mainstream I can remember) you didn't like anything? What do you eat?
**again, not meant as an attack, you shouldn't eat any any restaurant you don't want to, it just seemed pretty mainstream to me.** :D

:sulley:

maxrebo77
09-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your answers already. Boma didn't do it for me last time, and Y&Y wouldn't take my ressie until exactly 180 so I picked Tusker. Looking forward to it. I shall remember the name Bryan and (BTW) Dawa is always on the menu:beer:
Also, once I finally decided to try Alfredo's, ($)years ago, I Icould sense a decided lack of interest in the service. Sounds like it will be better now.
Bento Box sounds good. Japan is my fav place to relax in Disney.
Hey, sake has nothing to do with it:D
Peace, Love and Mickey

Belle_0717
09-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Tusker House lunch isn't great. The food was so-so and somewhat cold. I would rather spend a littel extra and go to Boma for dinner.

big blue and hairy
09-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Tusker House lunch isn't great. The food was so-so and somewhat cold. I would rather spend a littel extra and go to Boma for dinner.
It was hot and good yesterday...:tasty:

:sulley:

bc002k
09-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Thank you, agreed 100%.

SAHDad
09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
We went to Tusker House in January, and didn't have any complaints. (And my wife is a food scientist - she can get pretty picky at times!) I wish I could remember our server's name - he was a blast, and kept us all laughing.

ISLE39
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
I Did Tusker House Lunch In Dec And I Was Not A Fan. I Thought It Was Boring And Not Very Good. I Also Did Tutto Italia For Lunch On That Trip As Well And That Was Great Food. The Chicken Cutlet Was Huge. My Only Complaint Was The Waiter We Were One Of The Last Lunch Ressies And They Were Changing Over To The Dinner Linens N Such And He Forgot Our Desserts N It Took Us Forever To Get Out But Food Overall Really Good

Natazu
09-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Tusker House Lunch/Dinner ☺☺☺
For some time, ten years actually, Animal Kingdom has lacked its own Table Service restaurant. Now, out of the blue (or more likely out of Boma), comes a decent lunch buffet that won’t break your bank. I don’t know about spending the extra $7 for dinner, but this is a good way to have a relaxing lunch out of the heat. Note some of the items are a little spicy so don’t hesitate to ask a server or buffetlinedude.

Tutto Italia ☺☺☺
Quite a bit better than the canned Italian food you get at Tony’s or Mama Melrose’s, Tutto brings a more authentic board of fare. The menu is quite a bit more varied than the usual Italian eatery so even the pickiest diner can find something. The servers are dressed to kill in starched white shirts and black ties which is a little over the top for a place in a theme park but that may just be me. All the ingredients are fresh and the wine list is above average. The problem seems to be execution. There are three things that make a restaurant excel or fail, consistency, consistency, consistency. Tutto Italia isn’t maintaining consistent food quality. People shouldn’t leave a $100 dinner saying “pretty good”. People should leave with their schedules in their hand trying to figure out when they can fit in another visit.

Tokyo Dining ☺☺☺☻
With an expansive view of the Epcot lagoon, a more relaxed atmosphere, and a much more attentive staff than Edo, Tokyo Dining is leaps and bounds above its predecessor. Specializing in sushi, they offer several tempura dishes worth a try plus salads and the usual hibachi items.

Olivia's ☺☺☺☺
One of Disney’s best kept secrets, a real hidden gem, Olivia’s consistently turns out high quality food at a reasonable price. Easily missed by most vacationers because it’s located at a DVC resort, it’s a great place to have a quiet dinner. If it has a drawback, it’s that the menu is a little limited. Their concept is to make a few things and make them well. Kudos to that thought process.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Tusker House Lunch/Dinner ☺☺☺
For some time, ten years actually, Animal Kingdom has lacked its own Table Service restaurant. Now, out of the blue (or more likely out of Boma), comes a decent lunch buffet that won’t break your bank. I don’t know about spending the extra $7 for dinner, but this is a good way to have a relaxing lunch out of the heat. Note some of the items are a little spicy so don’t hesitate to ask a server or buffetlinedude.

Tutto Italia ☺☺☺
Quite a bit better than the canned Italian food you get at Tony’s or Mama Melrose’s, Tutto brings a more authentic board of fare. The menu is quite a bit more varied than the usual Italian eatery so even the pickiest diner can find something. The servers are dressed to kill in starched white shirts and black ties which is a little over the top for a place in a theme park but that may just be me. All the ingredients are fresh and the wine list is above average. The problem seems to be execution. There are three things that make a restaurant excel or fail, consistency, consistency, consistency. Tutto Italia isn’t maintaining consistent food quality. People shouldn’t leave a $100 dinner saying “pretty good”. People should leave with their schedules in their hand trying to figure out when they can fit in another visit.

Tokyo Dining ☺☺☺☻
With an expansive view of the Epcot lagoon, a more relaxed atmosphere, and a much more attentive staff than Edo, Tokyo Dining is leaps and bounds above its predecessor. Specializing in sushi, they offer several tempura dishes worth a try plus salads and the usual hibachi items.

Olivia's ☺☺☺☺
One of Disney’s best kept secrets, a real hidden gem, Olivia’s consistently turns out high quality food at a reasonable price. Easily missed by most vacationers because it’s located at a DVC resort, it’s a great place to have a quiet dinner. If it has a drawback, it’s that the menu is a little limited. Their concept is to make a few things and make them well. Kudos to that thought process.
My husband and I are thinking about trying Olivias next year. The menu does look limited, but good choices. And we also want to see the hotel while we're there. Thanks for the info on it.:mickey: