PDA

View Full Version : Dinner adr's and Fantasmic

dismommy
09-01-2008, 10:22 AM
We are going to WDW in Nov. and plan to spend wednesday Nov 12 in DHS. We have a 5:20 adr for sci-fi drive in theater for dinner, but there is only one showing of fantasmic that night at 7pm. I had not booked the fantasmic dinner package because we are going at a slower time and was told using the 2 dining credits each was not necessary, now I am concerned that we won't get decent seats. I have been told by friends that I should plan to be at the fantasmic arena by 6pm to get seats and wait for the 7pm show, but we won't be done with dinner. If we don't get there till 6:30 will we get seat? and with a 5:20 ressie is it even possible to get there around 6:30?

GoOfY'sGiRl
09-01-2008, 12:54 PM
We are going in Oct and doing the dinner package for Fantasmic. The first time I went to Fantasmic a couple years ago, we did not do the dinner package and we did wait in line for over an hour for seats. Though they were decent seats. Since then, we have chosen to do the dinner package though. Did you mean that you would have had to use 2 TS credits for the dinner? We are doing our ADR at Hollywood and Vine and I asked specifically if it were 1 or 2 TS per person and the agent told me it was just 1 per person.
I hope this helps. If you get there early you shouldn't have much problem getting good seats, but now (I don't remember when it's changing) that they are changing Fantasmic to twice a week, I don't know how the crowds will be.
I also don't know how the 5:20 rez will be since I've never eaten at Sci-Fi.:mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi, there are 3 restaurants where you can have dinner and fantasmic. Hollywood & Vine, Momma Melrose and I think Brown Derby. Only Brown Derby uses 2 TS. If you decided to keep your current reservation you can most likely still get seats, but may be cutting it a little close. However I went to fantasmic years ago and even though are seats were off to the side we could still see everything. Have fun and don't worry to much. :D :mickey:

disneygeek84
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Don't worry about it. There's not a bad seat for Fantasmic, trust me. Since you're going during a slow time of year, I don't think you're going to have a problem getting in even 20 minutes before the show starts. And even if you do have to sit all the way at the top, then you can get out of there faster :D