PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishments

debandbub
09-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Do the refurbishments always start on time, or are they ever pushed back a little? The Hall of Presidents is scheduled for refurb on 11/1/08, the same day that my history buff nieces (11 and 7) arrive for their first trip. I am hoping...:confused:

BronxTigger
09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
The start date is usually pretty accurate.

I think the American Adventure in Epcot is still going to be open.

mrsgaribaldi
09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
That gives you a reason to plan a second trip right away;) I hope it opens for your trip:mickey:

wilshade
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
History buffs, are they? Well, how about signing them up for the "Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour"? That may just be a very nice substitute for the Presidents.

The tour is held early in the morning before park opening and takes you backstage to the roundhouse. The CMs will give you the history behind the WDW railroad, Walt's love of trains, and the history of the locomotives themselves.

I think this would more than make up for the Hall of Presidents being down for refurbishing.

MickeysEars
09-01-2008, 01:24 PM
They probably have to get ready to add the new president, whomever that may be;). Why else would they close in NOVEMBER

debandbub
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the input! They LOVE American history, so we'll definitely do the American Adventure. I'll run the tour past them, see if they might want to do that. I am just getting so excited! They really are such good girls, and I know that we'll all have such a great time!

KAT1811
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I too am disappointed about the HOP closing for rehab. We will be there November 6th - 18th. DD#1 and I ran across the park from Tomorrowland to get to it for the last show and missed it. This will be two vacations in a row that I will miss it. :( With any luck they will delay the rehab but I doubt it.

MickeysEars
09-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I just checked, it will still be closed in March when i go. :(
But that will make it closed, at that point, for 5 MONTHS. WOW. that is a very long time to close an attraction, not to mention that is entering a peak time. That is a high capacity show...I hope thay are adding a spicy dance number. (Just kidding)

ChipnDaleGal
09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Moderator Alert

Intercot is not the forum for political discussions. Those types of debates just lead to comments that get people riled up. If that is the kind of discussion you are looking for then maybe another message board would be more appropriate. We try to keep things family friendly here. Please keep that in mind when you post about the Hall of Presidents. It is a WDW attraction that we should all be able to enjoy and appreciate regardless of political feelings. Thank you for using a little restraint. :mickey: