PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time vs. Mama Melrose's

Wickster1970
08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
We are once again finalizing our dining for our April trip and are stuck on these two. Which is the better TS ?????

Thanks for your opinions. :)

phillydan
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Coincidentally, we did both on our last trip. Both were very good food-wise; it's the atmosphere that makes them different. Prime Time has the interaction with the wait staff (elbows off the table, eat your greens, etc), whereas Melrose is just what you would expects at a regular restaurant. Since you are in "the World", go for the show factor at Prime Time. We still talk about our dinner there; have never discussed Melrose since our trip. Hope this helps!

disneygeek84
08-31-2008, 05:56 PM
I would go with Prime Time. We have so many fun stories from eating there that my family talks about all the time. Like the PP said, Mama Melrose is just like any other restaurant in the "real world."

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Another vote for Prime Time!

We have always had good food, and enjoyed the interaction (be sure to tell the CM when you check in that you're hoping to have a very interactive CM!) at PT.

Mama Melrose's however was only so-so, and there isn't really anything super-special about it, so I would go for the experience while in the world! :mickey:

thumperbug
08-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Prime Time.....The food at Mama Melrose was not up to Disney standards (in my opinion) but it might have just been a bad day or poor choice of meal but it was such a disappoining experience we don't even think of going back.

Prime time has good food and tons of fun!!!

HoosierDisneyFan
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
We have eaten at both the past 3 years!! Needless to say we like them both but if I were to chose just one..... I would pick Prime Time. MM is a standard Italian resturant. Prime Time is a very different type of place (with all the things you have already read about).

LudwigVonDrake
08-31-2008, 08:03 PM
50's Prime Time is my choice. The food is good and the atmosphere is great.

RedSoxFan
09-01-2008, 08:35 AM
I would go with Prime Time 50's too. Such a fun atmosphere.

tigger_ttfn
09-01-2008, 08:45 AM
I've never eaten at MM but 50's is our "must-do" everytime!! :eat:

Dragongirlx
09-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I have eaten at both of these restaurants and liked them both however I would say the food was better at Mamma Melroses - I don't think I have ever had a bad meal here.
However the atmosphere at Prime Time is Fab especially if you get a good server. We got Mom when we went and the scary thing was she was exactly like my own mother which made the whole thing much more fun

LebelJD
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM
We've never been to Mama's but Prime Time is great for the atmosphere and we thought the food was very good. You can sit in the bar while you wait and watch the old shows on the "Disney" brand black & white TVs.

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I would go with 50's Prime Time! :thumbsup: :mickey:

stitch34
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
We have done both on our last 2 trips. We enjoy both. IMO, the food at Mama's is better. But the atmosphere at 50's is better.

However, 50's used to be a must-do for us and now it's usually if we need another TS meal because the interaction has been down compared to before. At first we thought it was just one year but it's actually been the last few years for us. The interaction is definitely what makes 50's worth going to so if it's lacking you could be a little disappointed.

If you've never done either I would take a chance at 50's. If you get good interaction, it's well worth the experience. Plus the desserts are awesome!!!:thumbsup::cloud9:

DDuck66
09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Make sure that when you check in at PT, you tell the host/hostess that you want to play. We have been so many times that we know most of the servers and who will play and who will not. Sister Jamie is our favorite. We even have her picture in one of our autograph books.

AmBo
09-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Is PT good for a party of 2 (me and my girlfriend)? Do they sit you alone or "family" style with others? :confused:

Hull-onian
09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Prime Time. Great place!!!!:thumbsup:

debandbub
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Been to both, my vote is for Prime time. The food is good at both in my opinion, but the fun you'll have at Prime Time is priceless!

Wickster1970
09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Wow!
OK, Prime Time it is. :mickey:

Thanks for all of your replys.:D

Tinkerbella16
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Definately 50's Prime Time. The atmosphere is great, food is wonderful, and the interaction with the waiters/waitresses is awesome!

It would be a no brainer for me.

bigbabyblues
09-06-2008, 07:25 PM
I can't get the quote to work, but AMBO, you would be seated at your own table.

Mickeydream
09-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Our trip is not until NEXT November, but we are looking forward to a fun dinner at PT. It sounds like a great time! When we went this past year it was a toss up between Sci-Fi and Prime Time. We chose the Sci-Fi and were a little disappointed, but the the seating (cars) is unique. We have also eaten at MM, and had a good meal, but as was mentioned, it is not anything special. :mickey:

iheartdisney
09-07-2008, 09:04 AM
We think the food is better at Mama Melrose but we love the atmosphere at 50's Prime Time. I say it all depends on what you're looking for that day. If it's an "all about the kids day" than choose a fun place like 50's Prime Time. But if it's mom and dad's turn to choose I'd take the quality at Mama Melrose. Probably not much help -- I don't think you can go wrong with either of them! We like them both!

Sylvia
09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Is PT good for a party of 2 (me and my girlfriend)? Do they sit you alone or "family" style with others? :confused:

You'll have your own table. You won't be seated at a table with others.

PT is broken up into smaller rooms. Many times, the guests at the various tables in the room will start to interact. The last time I was there, our server gave each table tests (i.e., think of school). One table had to come up with the names of states with only 4 letters, another table had math questions, etc., etc. We all worked together to help each other get a good grade.

FUN
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
we always go to 50s every year we go because it is so much fun and will be their again in november.