PDA

View Full Version : Horse Drawn Tram - MK

disneymad1998
08-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is still a horse drawn tram in MK - I believe it sed to go up and down Main street??

Thanks in advance,
:wave:

MauiMouse
08-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes, it's still there, I took some photos last week of the Trolley & the horse. :mickey: I believe they only run in the morning hours though.

dumbo ears
08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
ya it still runs and I also think its mostly before noon

MickeysEars
08-31-2008, 10:44 PM
I have never done this and i grew up in So Cal going to DL. I might have to try this

disneymad1998
09-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Me neither - Does anyone know how you get to ride it - where do you wait?? where does it start and end??

TheRustyScupper
09-01-2008, 03:03 PM
1) All Main Street Vehicles have different boarding signs at their stops.
. . . one stop per vehicle at Main Street Square
. . . one stop per vehicle in front of castle
2) Vehicles you can ride include
. . . cars
. . . jitneys
. . . horse-drawn trolleys
3) Just line up at the sign for the next vehicle.
4) The ride is a one-way ride
. . . you get on at one end of Main Street
. . . you get off at the other end

NOTE: These run usually during the morning hours. This keeps the horses out of the heat and other vehicles off Main Street during high-crowd times.

mainemajor
10-26-2008, 11:26 AM
These make great photo opportunities in addition to being fun to ride.
Back long time ago these rides took the old "A" tickets to ride. Well worth it then and so much fun now :thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
10-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is still a horse drawn tram in MK - I believe it sed to go up and down Main street??

Thanks in advance,
:wave:

It was there on Wednesday 10/22. One of the horses stopped and (ahem) in the street. I was wondering how many seconds until someone (obviously the lowest CM on the totem pole) came along to clean it up.

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 03:40 PM
We had just arrived at MK last week (8:300 on Thursday and the horse pulled up in front of the train station near the entrance with the wagon (we were waiting for my hubby in the bathroom). A cast member came up to my daughter and son and asked them to hop on board and ring the bell. They filled up with other families and off to the castle they went! I walked behind taking pictures.

tundramom
10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
We finally did this on the past trip, in a jitney. The fire truck, horse drawn trolley and one other vehicle were all running that day. You have to catch them early!

Imagineer1981
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
I still need to do this