PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Piano/singing lessons?

Jennib
08-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone..
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Singing lesson/Piano Lessons/Dance studio store above main Street still have the audio coming out of it. Several years ago someone tipped me off to it and i loved it...but then the next year I did not hear it anylonger. (It was located on the right side of main street on a side block. When you looked up the side street it was on the left hand side, upstairs..) We heard voices doing voice scales, piano's playing and tap dancing...It was the little things like this that we loved and I hope that Disney keeps up on these.

Thanks in advance!!
Jenni :mickey:

Main Street Jim
08-31-2008, 03:46 PM
It's still there ;) The audio does not play during certain times of the day, though; usually later afternoon/evenings.

Jennib
08-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks so much..I hope to catch it again when I return in November! I love the hidden treasures!!

Hayden's Dad
09-02-2008, 09:53 AM
We heard it for the first time in May. I had heard about it before, but I didn't tell my DW so she was very surprised when we sat down for a minute down the little side street. It is such a wonderful little detail. :mickey:

Jennib
09-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I know..it is those little things that I love...

Mousemates
09-03-2008, 09:33 PM
thanks, something I had never heard of, will alert DW to notice it when she and her sisters go down next week for some girl time. :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
09-04-2008, 09:37 AM
I miss the old Main Street before it became one big store. I loved the arcade and the magic shop, the candle shop, the tobacco shop and the card shop. I think there was a flower shop. :mickey:

BeccaO
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
WOW!! This sounds really neat, will have to check this out on our next trip, I love finding out about stuff like this!! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
For those of you looking for this:

Halfway up Main Street (toward the Castle from Town Square) is Center Street; it's the intersection of Crystal Arts (what used to be Market House) and Uptown Jewelers. If you go into Center Street toward the back, look - and listen - upstairs. You'll see and hear the "Piano and Singing Lessons" coming from one of the second-floor windows.

joelkfla
09-05-2008, 11:26 AM
For those of you looking for this:

Halfway up Main Street (toward the Castle from Town Square) is Center Street; it's the intersection of Crystal Arts (what used to be Market House) and Uptown Jewelers. If you go into Center Street toward the back, look - and listen - upstairs. You'll see and hear the "Piano and Singing Lessons" coming from one of the second-floor windows.
And if you look up on the right side of Center St., you'll find the Main Street Window honoring Walt's dad.

DCDisney
09-05-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't know about MK, but at DL, I sat in a similar area, waiting for a tour. I heard the piano lessons, and singing lessons. And I also heard the dentist office, and the dentist (Goofy's voice) pulled the wrong tooth ! And, I also heard a resident (sounded like Donald) waking up in the morning, turning on a light, and turning on a scratchy sounding phonograph. The entire little side street went through a cycle of a day (light to dark and back to light again). I wonder if any of these hidden treasures are also at MK.

ravsluvdisney
09-05-2008, 06:56 PM
I did not know this....:blush:

Can't wait to surprise the DS' next trip.

garthbarth1
09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Yes I will have to listen for this! How fun!!:cloud9: