PDA

View Full Version : Moderate Resort ??

MelXThree
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I read some where that CBR does not have a elevator, Is that true? If so are all the moderate resorts like that? I am taking a double stroller and going up flights of stairs with no elevator does not sound like fun :confused: Thanks

Goofy Forever
08-31-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't remember for sure.. but they HAVE to have elevators for special needs. This past summer we stayed at the All-Stars and they had elevators.

ljv1975
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure about all of the moderates, but we stayed at Coronado Springs, and they did have elevators.

robhink
08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
I've never stayed at Caribbean Beach but I believe that all of the resort buildings are two stories tall and if so they wouldn't have elevators in them just ones that are three stories tall. If I remember correctly it's that way at Port Orleans Riverside, the Alligator Bayou buildings are two levels with out elevators while the Magnolia Bend buildings have three levels with elevators.

BronxTigger
08-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Caribbean Beach does NOT have elevators. They do have ADA rooms, but they are all on the first floor. CBR's buildings are all 2 floors.

Coronado Springs does have elevators.

I think the sister Port Orleans resorts do too. I haven't stayed at either of them (yet!) so I'm not 100% sure.

CleveRocks
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't remember for sure.. but they HAVE to have elevators for special needs. This past summer we stayed at the All-Stars and they had elevators.
CBR is the only Moderate that doesn't have elevators. There is no requirement that they have elevators in their buildings.

CBR was built before the Americans with Disabilities Act was enacted by the first President Bush. Because there is nothing available on the second floor of guest room buildings that isn't also available on the first floor, there is nothing discriminatory about the lack of elevators.

It's all good.:mickey:

Mickey378
08-31-2008, 02:55 PM
fax over a request for a first floor room a few days before you arrive. It's not a guarantee, but it might help. You never know unless you ask. We will also be there with a double stroller and figured on giving this a shot. Good luck and enjoy the trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2008, 03:58 PM
POFQ has elevators, but POR has elevators in the Mansion Building only. The Bayou buildings don't have elevators.

I would make sure that a ground-floor room is on your reservation, and ask again at check-in; I'm sure that there would be a ground-floor room somewhere in the resort for you.