PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Questions

PlanningMom
08-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I have 2 Epcot questions.

Can you see Illuminations from Le Cellier? If we ask for a window seat or something?

How much are the passports that the kids can do? And where do we get them?

I think we will do the masks, but thought it might be fun to do the passport, too.

Thank you, thank you!!

MauiMouse
08-31-2008, 11:12 AM
No you can't view Illuminations from LeCellier. The only place to view Illuminations would be on the patio at Rose & Crown.

Not sure about the price of the passports. I bought one like 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure that you can get them in any gift shop. I'd check Mouse Gears near the check out area.

MickeysEars
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
The Rose and Crown view is wonderful. However they will not guarantee a outside view but WILL allow you to go outside to view them if you are indoors. It is worth it!

Strmchsr
08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
The passports were $10 last fall. Well worth it for us. It's always DS8's favorite souvenir because each country CM will write something special in their own language. You get them at the souvenir shops in Epoct. We usually get ours at the one just as you walk into World Showcase.

Polynesian Dweller
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Le Cellier is French for 'the cellar', actually implies a wine cellar and the restaurant is below the Chateau in its cellar. There are no windows in the restaurant.

joanna71985
08-31-2008, 01:23 PM
There is no view from Le Cellier, unfortunately.

disneymom2000
08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
But the food is great!!!!!:beer:

ILoveLegos
08-31-2008, 11:16 PM
I have watched Illuminations from the garden area (outside Le Cellier) You can't see a lot of the low fireworks action because the people standing 6-deep at the lagoon rail sort of block that, but the serenity of standing over in the garden area where there were very few people around was a sureal experience that I've enjoyed occasionally.

wilshade
09-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Though you cannot see Illuminations from Le Cellier, you CAN see it from the little plaza around the Canadian shops, IF you can grab a spot by the front wall to either side of the stairs.

There are only a couple of really good spots, but if they are available, grab'em. From there you can see over other people and over most of the other sight line impairments.

TheRustyScupper
09-01-2008, 03:08 PM
The only place to view Illuminations would be on the patio at Rose & Crown

You can see Illuminations while eating from
. . . Rose & Crown
. . . Tokyo Dinining
. . . Bistro de Paris
. . . Catina de San Angel

Imagineer1981
09-02-2008, 12:38 PM
mmmmmmmmmm cheese soup!!!