PDA

View Full Version : Magical Memories...

GoOfY'sGiRl
08-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Good Morning to you all. I know we all have wonderful memories of Disney World so I thought I would open a place for us to share.
For me, mine was kind of...chance :)
My DBF at the time and I were planning to come for a trip, so I was hinting (loudly) about us getting engaged while we were there. We were half way through our trip when I finally asked him if he was going to do it or not because I was impatient and didn't want to wait until the end of the trip to find out. His reply was "maybe". That was absolutely no help at all to me. So a couple days later we had gone to DHS for the Osborn Lights display as I am a HUGE Disney fan and HUGE Christmas lover. So we walked around for a little while and decided to sit on the bench. I began patting his pockets and he asked "What are you doing!?!?!?" I thought I felt his inhaler in his pocket so I got an attitude and said "nothing I guess". He just shrugged it off. Shortly after that, he wanted us to have the photographer take our picture in the middle of the lights. I told him I didn't feel like it anymore, so finally he talked me into it. I picked up the baby and walked to my spot while he gave our card to the photographer. As soon as he got over to me, he looked back to the photographer who then nodded, and he got down on his knee.
Right there in front of EVERYONE around, he was asking me to be his wife. My first words were "HUH???" He thought I already knew he was going to do it from me patting his pockets, but I didn't realize it was the ring box, and my moment of thoughtlessness was that the inhaler had been in the diaper bag the whole trip. DUH.
Anyway it turned out to be fantastic. Something I'll never be able to forget, or he'll ever let me forget. But even with getting engaged another part that stands out in my mind was this little old lady that was standing in line for the photographer that was watching. I went over to get our photopass card back and she came up to me with tears rolling down her cheeks and she started hugging me and asking me "oh honey, did you say yes? Please tell me you said yes! I would be so hurt if you didn't say yes to him, that was soooo sweet". I think this lady hugged me for about 5 minutes, but in the midst of my excitement, I think hers was as thrilling.
We're married now and go to Disney every year now, but that whole day was my perfect moment.

How about ya'll? I love hearing/reading great stories.:mickey::magic::popcorn:

Figaro
08-31-2008, 02:15 AM
I actually have a couple of stories, but from the side of making the magic for the guests... Here's the stories copied from my blog so that I wouldn't forget them....

So today I had my first real magical moment with a guest at work. For some background, I'm a Lifeguard at the Walt Disney World Resort. As part of our Year of a Million Dreams, and as our basis of making guests experience an incredible one, we'll do special things for our guests. Today, I gave a birthday present to a little girl turning 5 and spending her birthday at Disney. **edit for intercot(for this story, I'll call her little princess...)**Her name was little princess. She came up to the top of the slide where I was working one of my rotations with her dad. It was her first time going down a water slide. She was in the arms of her dad and was looking a little uncertain and a little scared. Her dad went down the slide before her, and she watched. She was ready go to, climbed onto the slide, and then froze and became frightened. She turned around and told me she didn't want to go. I reassured her, "it's fun, you'll like it. I ride the slide all the time". She still was frightened and I asked her to hold my hand and looked down at her dad who was in the pool below with a look that said she wasn't going to go down. He motioned he was coming up and then came and got her. He took her down and several minutes later, reappeared at the top. He once again went down before her and she once again became frightened. A kind gentlemen carried her down the stairs to her dad. Moments later, he tried yet again. Her mother and grandfather were at the bottom this time, and he stayed at the top. She sat on the slide, and finally went for it! She got to the bottom and had a huge grin on her face. She loved it! She went down time and time again with her family. I found out they were visiting from the Daytona area and it was her 5th birthday tomorrow and was their second time staying at the Contemporary Resort. She continued to ride and slide, and minutes later I was bumped off by another guard. On the way down, they were on the way up. I turned and said to her "Happy Birthday little princess!" she said in an excited and sweet voice "Thank you!!". I went to the office and asked our Coordinator if there was anything I could give this girl who had overcome her fear, and who's birthday it was tomorrow. There was! We found a Furbie toy and I headed out there. On my way, I found another guard, a friend of mine. I asked her if she'd like to join me, and she accepeted and off we went. She was climbing out of the pool and I asked her "Hey little princess! It's your birthday tomorrow, right?", and responded, "yes!" so I told her "I've got something for you!" and brought out the toy. She got the biggest smile on her face. Her and her family thanked me. :)

Another time...

Working for Disney, I've had the opportunity to become trained to drive Specialty Cruises. Basically, driving our 21ft and 25ft pontoon boats out on the lake at night giving guests a tour of the Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. During these cruises we show guests the resorts and sights, a little bit of story to the area, and then wrapping the night up with sitting right in front of Castaway Island on Seven Seas Lagoon and watching Wishes from the middle of the lake, which if I do say so, is quite a view and experience. Anyways, coming in the door first thing in the morning to begin my shift, I checked our cruise log for the day and found out we had 2 cruises going out that night, one from WL and one from CT. That meant that our Premium boat, the 25ft red pontoon boat, from FW was available! "Score!" I thought. The cruise was originally for a friend of mine and her family to experience the lake and the fireworks from the lake. I went about my business for the day, sitting on pool and playing kids games waiting for the cruise to roll around. Finally, my shift came to a close and I went to FW to pickup the boat. Myself and the other driver both worked to get our boats setup and then to relax before it was time for our pickups. I began walking around WL to burn time and decided to call my friend to find out if everything was still on schedule. Well, to my dismay, I found out since she hadn't heard from me that day, she thought it was off and her parents had bought tickets to the Pirate Princess Party. The cruise was off. "bahh" was my thoughts... I went trudging back to the Recreation Office and let my Coordinator know. There was no use in breaking down the boat, and I had done Magic Moment Cruises before (to be honest, almost all of my cruises have been Magical Moments... I enjoy making magic for guests...) so I decided I'd make a magic moment cruise. My coordinator agreed to the idea and told me to head on out to find a family. It was now 8:15... about 30 minutes before fireworks were set to go off. After not being able to find a family at WL, I decided I'd head over to the GF. I had decided to take with me a fellow lifeguard who had never been on a cruise before and was interested in learning how to drive cruises. We arrived at GF and tied off and began to roam the grounds looking for a family. We ended up back at the marina by the restaurant. There were quite a few families sitting by the marina waiting for the fireworks to go off. Myself and the other guard randomly picked a table and walked over... we asked if they'd like to go on a magical moment fireworks cruise... to our disappointment, they declined. We continued our search. We randomly picked another table... I approached the table "good evening guys, how you all doin?".. "good" they all replied... i continued "y'all catching the fireworks tonight?"... "were going to try" they replied... "well how would you guys like to move your view to the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon? I have a boat standing by with drinks and snacks that I can take you folks out at the middle of the lake to watch the fireworks tonight?"... moments passed.... 5 seconds.... 10 seconds... the family was in shock... they didn't know what to say... a few questions later they were on their way to the boat. It was a family of 4 adults with 5 kids ranging from 10-18. We jumped onto the boat and made a quick exit from the GF to begin the tour and then to catch the fireworks. I talked with the family some and showed them around the lake. I found out that the family LOVED Disney and one of their daughters was a singer and was hoping to move into Disney and work as an entertainer. We finally settled into place in front of Castaway and the Pirate and Princess Party fireworks began.. a spectacular show and outstanding addition to the magical moment. The show concluded and we took a slow cruise by Poly and GF once more and then wrapped the evening. All in all, that evening turned out to be my favorite memory of a magic moment and the best evening I had ever had working for Disney. The magic of Disney had come together, and given me the chance to find an awesome family to take on a cruise and have the most magical evening I had ever had at Disney. :mickey: