PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Cafe

disneymad1998
08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone,

Got a couple of questions on Wilderness lodge cafe

1.Do you need an ADR for Wilderness lodge for Dinner (The all you can eat buffet?)

2. What is it like there?

3. What time is the Campfire Movie?

4. Where is the campfire movie in relation to the WL Cafe?

5. Depending on what time the movie starts what time do you recommend for eating?

:chef:

wdw_bound
08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Think there may be some confusion. There is not a Wilderness Lodge Cafe, but there is a Whispering Canyon Cafe. It is in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge, which is a different resort to Fort Wilderness (where the movies are held). You absolutely need an ADR for Whispering Canyon. It is not a buffet, but there is a skillet served family style that is all-you-care-to-eat.

However, I think you are talking about Trail's End Buffeteria, which is an all-you-can-eat Buffet and is located in Ft. Wilderness. It is a fairly rustic theme, the buffet is not as extensive as others on property, but our family really enjoys it. We make ADRs, but I think you can probably get in without one.

The movie and campfire start times vary depending on daylight savings, but in the summer it was around 7. To get to Trails End, you can either take the Bay Lake ferry (from either MK or Wilderness Lodge (but you can't park there unless you are a guest), or you can take a bus / drive a car to the main entrance. From the ferry, you can walk (less than 2 minutes) to Trail's End. From the main entrance, you will need to take an interal resort bus.

From Trails End to the Meadows (where the campfire is), you will most likely need to take an internal bus (you can walk it, but it takes a while).

So as not to rush your meal, I'd say go to Trail's End around 5-5:30, assuming the campfire starts at 7.

The campfire and movie are a really great way to unwind and have fun - have a great time!

disneymad1998
08-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Think there may be some confusion. There is not a Wilderness Lodge Cafe, but there is a Whispering Canyon Cafe. It is in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge, which is a different resort to Fort Wilderness (where the movies are held). You absolutely need an ADR for Whispering Canyon. It is not a buffet, but there is a skillet served family style that is all-you-care-to-eat.

However, I think you are talking about Trail's End Buffeteria, which is an all-you-can-eat Buffet and is located in Ft. Wilderness. It is a fairly rustic theme, the buffet is not as extensive as others on property, but our family really enjoys it. We make ADRs, but I think you can probably get in without one.

The movie and campfire start times vary depending on daylight savings, but in the summer it was around 7. To get to Trails End, you can either take the Bay Lake ferry (from either MK or Wilderness Lodge (but you can't park there unless you are a guest), or you can take a bus / drive a car to the main entrance. From the ferry, you can walk (less than 2 minutes) to Trail's End. From the main entrance, you will need to take an interal resort bus.

From Trails End to the Meadows (where the campfire is), you will most likely need to take an internal bus (you can walk it, but it takes a while).

So as not to rush your meal, I'd say go to Trail's End around 5-5:30, assuming the campfire starts at 7.

The campfire and movie are a really great way to unwind and have fun - have a great time!

thanks WDW_Bound - I am totally confused !! Guess this happens when your trying to work out dining at 22.00!! (UK time!!)

We would like to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe as the menu looks yummy - we will be there from Sept 18th so the movie time may be different I guess - will try and find a thread on here with the times.......

wendy*darling
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
We would like to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe as the menu looks yummy
It is indeed yummy- but remember that this is in the Wilderness Lodge Resort- not the same place as the campfire and movie.

- we will be there from Sept 18th so the movie time may be different I guess - will try and find a thread on here with the times.......
The campfire and movie are over at Fort Wilderness- the campground. You can take a boat from the Wilderness Lodge after dinner to Fort Wilderness.
The movie times and listings are posted for the month in the Camping Forum. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=32), and the September list should be posted right at the top of the forum within a day or so.

SAHDad
08-30-2008, 10:03 PM
It is indeed yummy- but remember that this is in the Wilderness Lodge Resort- not the same place as the campfire and movie.

The campfire and movie are over at Fort Wilderness- the campground. You can take a boat from the Wilderness Lodge after dinner to Fort Wilderness.
The movie times and listings are posted for the month in the Camping Forum. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=32), and the September list should be posted right at the top of the forum within a day or so.

You can also walk from WL to FW. I haven't walked the trail, but I think it's only about a mile or so.