PDA

View Full Version : Ibs

pink
08-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I have suvere IBS and I'm going to DW this September. Last time I went over a year ago the symptoms were just kicking in and I could still eat french fries, drink soda, etc. Now my diet is so strict I'm really nervous about what I'm going to eat. I know that if you're going to a restaurant you can call ahead of time and they will help you out but to what extent? If I go to a restaurant and they offer grilled chicken salad will they just give me some grilled chicken on a plate?

I would love to hear if anyone on hear went with someone who is diagnosed with IBS or has it themselves. Was it diffulcult to find foods to eat? :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Disney Dining is wonderful about working with you on what foods you can eat. Yes, when you call for your ADRs let them know that you have an issue and you can speak with the chef if need be. I would suggest when you call for your ADRs tell the CM that you would like to speak to someone with Guest Dietary Concerns in the Food Services Office. Usually someone will contact you pretty quickly and can send you via mail or email forms to fill out and send in. My DS8 is a type-1 diabetic and I have mild IBS so we both have to be pretty careful and WDW was wonderful in working with us. We both had no trouble finding stuff to eat and had a great time.

Rosanne
09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi. I have ulcerative colitis so I understand your situation. Like the poster above me said, you can just call Disney Dining, or, as I have done before, ask to speak to someone at the restaurant. Almost every time I have done this, the chef comes out. He'll definitely help you find something you can eat.

Good luck. And feel better, I know how debilitating this could feel. Maybe you need some Disney pixie dust to make you feel better!

Kennywife
09-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey Pink!

Welcome to the club! I too have IBS and also Epilepsy. :ack: I make my reservations out of Disney Dining and just let them know my dining needs and go from there. :cloud9:

Anna

BraddyB
10-15-2008, 02:13 AM
I dont have IBS but i just came back from disney world and I saw the wait staff trying to help people with allergies or other conditions. Also out of all the restaraunts we went to The Coral Reef was the only one who asked upfront before you ordered if you had any food allergies or special food needs . So from hearing other people and having that question asked I am sure things will be ok for you.