PDA

View Full Version : vmk in kingdom keepers (1 and 2)

5togetherWDW
08-30-2008, 10:18 AM
With the importance of VMK in the book Kingdom Keepers -- and so many mourning the sites loss in the real world -- we had been wondering just how it would be handled in KK2.
While I was glad that the book acknowledges the closure of the site -- the giving of a "real" site as a backdoor entry gave hope / exitement to my boys.
Typing in the website address (part of the dgamer site) does get you a chance to play a minigame . . .but why couldn't they have given at least a screen from VMK. . . . or something?
Even saying they changed the site to protect from the overtakers -- but having a vmker winking or something . . .
I don't know. Just going to see a minigame with a big add for the book was a dissapointment.
Still, the book is very good --
(Interesting too that the game codes from VMK came out so close as the books release -- my codes email actually arrived the same day as my pre-ordered copy of KK2)

Randypandy
08-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I might have to look into this book. You it mentions vmk in it and what are the odds that the readers are asking what vmk is and why is it closed. Disney should think about this. vmk might re-open one of these days. we never know. ;)

wizardmickey
09-01-2008, 06:37 PM
I thought the forst book was EXCELLENT and loved the references to the characters meeting in their rooms on VMK to make plans and such...
I was (and am) curious to see how the VMK connection would be handled in the sequel. Guess as soon as I get my copy I will have my answer, eh?

MushuGrl
10-20-2008, 10:48 AM
As a big fan of Maleficent..I LOVED THESE BOOKS! Would love to see them as a movie!

I was kinda sad as VMK had shut down already by the time I read part one.

That's a great idea, though. Tie it in with a "Find Wayne" theme.

handmaidenofprincesses
10-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I love Kingdom Keepers, and I was so sad to see VMK get shut down, but you're right, RIdley Pearson handled it well within the story. (and the minigame was kind of fun)

Better news? I got to talk to Ridley and KK3 is well on its way and due out next September! (I hope I can wait that long!!)