PDA

View Full Version : Sad at the moment

azdisneymom
08-30-2008, 02:05 AM
I looked at the calendar and realized it is now just over 30 days before my oldest leaves for Marine boot camp and boy I am I feeling sad. Not because he is leaving home, I am proud of his decision. However he will be gone over the holidays for the first time ever. If I am lucky I will get a 5 minute phone call on Christmas. I guess I am not ready to look at an empty place at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.

Thanks for listening. It helps. :mickey:

disneydeb
08-30-2008, 06:50 AM
:hug:

We usually remember the sacrifice young people make when they leave to serve our country, but we often neglect to think of the empty place they leave back home.
Thank you and thank him.:hug:

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2008, 08:29 AM
I can understand why you are feeling sad. Of course you will miss your brave boy. What a mixed bag of emotions for you as he gets reafy to head off. Lots of :pixie: for his safety and for your heart as you miss him. :hug:

Cinderelley
08-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I understand completely. My son leaves for the Navy this Thursday. I'm proud of him :flag:, but I want to :fit: at the same time. For the past couple of days, all the little boys I see remind me of when he was little.

Well, we can always cry together over a lapu lapu at WDW. :D

Melanie
08-30-2008, 08:37 AM
:pixie: for you, your family and your son as he embarks on this new career. It's tough being apart from family during the holiday season, and no doubt this first one will be the worse. Thank you for your sacrifice! :flag:

crazypoohbear
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. My Ds is leaving for college next week and I am sad but nothing compares to what you are going through.
Tell him thank you for all of us and we wish him God Speed.
I will be thinking of you during all this and I hope that you find joy in knowing that your son is making friends and "family" that he will have for a lifetime. God bless you both

BrerGnat
08-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I know how you feel, sort of. This will be the first Christmas that DH will have to spend away from home as well. I know it will be hard on all of us, but it is just one of the many sacrifices that we have to make as a military family.

Thank you for yours as a mother. It's hard having a husband who is in the service, but I cannot imagine if it was one of my own sons; actually, THAT won't happen...I've already decided for them :D ;) :blush:

You are going to be SO proud of him, though, when you see the MAN he has become when you attend his graduation at the end of boot camp. It is going to be life changing for all of you.

Be strong! :flag:

Melanie
08-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Thank you for yours as a mother. It's hard having a husband who is in the service, but I cannot imagine if it was one of my own sons; actually, THAT won't happen...I've already decided for them :D ;) :blush:

This is something I think about often, and can't imagine the emotions involved. My MIL often tells me it's been much more difficult going through this with her sons than it ever was with her husband (and he's a Vietnam vet and career Marine pilot).

That said, I won't discourage my sons if it's their hearts desire to join the Corps. Now I might balk if they want to join the Army, Air Force or Navy. Just kidding! ;)

azdisneymom, you are making such a huge sacrifice, especially in the state we are in now. May God bless you and keep you!

pink
08-30-2008, 03:33 PM
I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you. You're son is very brave. :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
I know how you feel, sort of. This will be the first Christmas that DH will have to spend away from home as well. I know it will be hard on all of us, but it is just one of the many sacrifices that we have to make as a military family.

You are going to be SO proud of him, though, when you see the MAN he has become when you attend his graduation at the end of boot camp. It is going to be life changing for all of you.

Be strong! :flag:

Not only will you be proud of him, he will be proud of himself. There's nothing quite like strutting your stuff at boot camp graduation. He's going to be lean, handsome, and SO happy to see his mom !:thumbsup:

Aggie97
08-30-2008, 05:33 PM
I can only imagine how hard it must be to have your son leaving! You should be so very proud of him.

I kind of understand how you feel. My father is leaving for Baghdad on Thursday. (He is retired USAF and a civilian DoD employee.) He will be gone for Christmas too, for the first time ever. At least when he went to Kabul in 2006, his deployment ended right before Christmas.

I feel worst for my mother, as my youngest sibling just left for college last week, so mom will have a very empty nest!

I'll keep all of you in my thoughts. :hug:

MegaDisney
09-05-2008, 01:40 AM
I just wanted to add my gratitude to both your son and you. I know from personal experience what a life changing adventure he is about to embark on. You and your family are in my thoughts. Thanks again for your sacrifice.

Cinderelley
09-05-2008, 05:28 AM
I PM'd you, but wanted to let you know I'm just across the Valley if you need to talk.

Marilyn Michetti
09-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I PM'd you, but wanted to let you know I'm just across the Valley if you need to talk.

It's still one hot valley too!:sun:

MegaDisney
09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
It's still one hot valley too!:sun:

WOW quite a few Phoenicians here!

I am SO ready for the fall.

azdisneymom
09-06-2008, 02:36 AM
You all have been very kind. Thank you so much for your warm wishes and prayers. On days when I am feeling a bit down again I will read what has posted over again knowing there are very nice people out there.

Thank you again!!!!!

Cinderelley
09-06-2008, 03:34 AM
WOW quite a few Phoenicians here!

I am SO ready for the fall.

Hmmm, maybe we should all get together and talk Disney sometime. It would give those of us who are waving goodbye to our children something to smile about.

Marilyn Michetti
09-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Sure, how about a Phoenix "meet"?:mickey:

Cinderelley
09-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Sure, how about a Phoenix "meet"?:mickey:

I'm all for it.

azdisneymom
09-06-2008, 11:07 AM
:yay: A Phoenix meet sounds like fun.

Jeri Lynn
09-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Thank you for raising your son to be such a brave young man, and thank you to your son for bravely serving our Country.

You should be very proud!!

MegaDisney
09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
YEARS ago we had several meets in Phoenix for Disney Movie Premiers, Ice Cream Socials, etc. They were always lots of fun. I still keep in contact with many of the friends I met then, unfortunately none of them post here anymore!
:(. Where are you Ms. Smee, Ms. Smee's Mom, MattyMouse, BuzzLightyear???

I would be up for joining some of my Valley of the Sun Intercotees for a meet.

Anybody got any ideas?

Sorry for derailing this thread!

MegaDisney
09-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I started a meet thread here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1736163#post1736163) so as to not further derail this thread.