PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! Labor Day blast!

Dr_Nigel_C
08-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Hello, everyone...Happy Friday! :mickey:

Looks like everyone survived Fay (and our party) last weekend. Maybe still a little wet around here, but that's normal... :secret:

As you all know, Monday is Labor Day! A celebration of work, so to speak.

Labor Day weekend also marks the unofficial end of Summer, and most kids are now back in school, so we can celebrate that as well! :bus:

Drink-of-the-day:

Inspiration
1/2 oz. Cork Dry Gin
1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth
1/2 oz. Calvados
1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
Combine ingredients with ice and serve.

Now, like most people, my job can be a pain, but there's some good parts, too -- what do you guys like about your jobs?

Happy Friday! :party:

pogo
08-29-2008, 07:18 AM
:party2:.....Happy Friday All !.....:party2:

This drink sounds pretty good, but I'll have to come back later for it. I've got some appointments this morning.

I love my job because I advise people how to protect their family first. Then if something happens, I'm there to help them get through difficult times. I've made some great friends that started out being clients. It doesn't get any better than that ! :D

JanetMegan
08-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Ooo great party! I have been so pre-occupied thinking about all these storms that I forgot about the long weekend...and that leads into my job ;)

Myself and my business partner started our own company in 2008 (not great timing economy wise) but boy has it been great! I admit it has its stresses (like not getting paid, not having enough work, etc.) But it's so crazy being your own boss. You do things like forget about long weekends cause you don't mind working and stuff like that. It's totally surreal after working for someone else for over 10 years. I love having my own company. Now slide over a big ol' :marg:

disneydrmr
08-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Happy Friday and Happy Labor Day everyone! Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!

MauiMouse
08-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Happy Friday!

Doesn't seem like a Holiday weekend for me for some reason, but then again I've been on vacation since last Saturday.

Have a safe and fun Labor Day Weekend! :party:

MickeysGirl
08-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey, HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!!!

After working some long hours this week, I'm certainly looking forward to the long weekend, even if we are cleaning house (for potential guests next weekend) and prepping just in case we have to make a run away from a storm. It'll be nice to have the extra time home.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay safe and keep an eye on the weather! :umbrella:

Nascfan
08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!

Boy oh boy, am I ever glad it's Friday, and an extended weekend.
Hope everyone has an enjoyable one, and that all our Gulf coast area friends stay safe, dry, and with no ill effects from Gustav. Be careful everyone down there, and when they say to get out, GET OUT! You know what, don't wait for them to say, get out now if you have the chance.

MsMin
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
So much to do.... don't know what to prepare for first??
Rob and Jamie, if the storm heads your way I'm here in BR.... I live on a mountain... elevation 20 feet. We have an indoor pool so we could at least be cool....

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE....
Waiting for football season to kick off this weekend... Appalachian may be blown out of here... :fan:
Hey Jamie, maybe Tulane has a shot to blow away an opponent???? :razz:
Everyone have a safe and happy weekend... I have pillows to go fluff up in case we get company. Too much to do before that attitude adjustment time...

offwego
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Happy Friday all! that drink would sound interesting if it didn't have Gin.

I like that I got to play golf for work yesterday does that count?

Dr_Nigel_C
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Definitely keeping an eye on Gustav. We're readying the hurricane supplies (rum, vodka, etc.) and tying down the tiki huts. :-)

Hope everyone is doing well -- fresh drinks on the way!

Be safe everyone!

ElenitaB
08-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Happy Friday, everyone! I've already settled into the long weekend because my firm gave us a 4-day weekend! :woohoo: Only one of the many reasons I like working there!

Hope everyone stays safe and sound this weekend and Gustav doesn't get any grand ideas.

Can I get a (diet) root :beer:, by any chance?

JanetMegan
09-19-2008, 11:13 AM
We haven't had a party since Labor Day I don't think---I'm in withdrawl!!:(

weswerx
09-19-2008, 09:50 PM
You mean it's Friday...again?
Didn't we just have one of those last week?:confused:

I really need a Disney vacation...like soon...like before somebody gets hurt....
somebody call the mouse!:mickey:

Here we go again...
09-20-2008, 09:44 AM
You mean it's Friday...again?
Didn't we just have one of those last week?:confused:

I really need a Disney vacation...like soon...like before somebody gets hurt....
somebody call the mouse!:mickey:

Here Mousie Mousie Mousie... :mouse:
Oh, wait, did you mean this one -> :mickey: ?
;)