PDA

View Full Version : Leave a Legacy.....

LuvsTigger80
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi all!!!! :mickey: I was just wondering if you can still purchase tiles for the leave a legacy. My family and I were thinking about doing this if we can. Sounds like fun!

KAJUNKING
08-29-2008, 12:15 AM
the leave a legacy store is now gone and tiles are no longer for sale, also there are rumors about disney moving the monuments elsewhere

judoma
08-29-2008, 12:56 AM
I soooo wish I would have had an opportunity to do this! :(

DizneyRox
08-29-2008, 07:39 AM
the leave a legacy store is now gone and tiles are no longer for sale, also there are rumors about disney moving the monuments elsewhere
They need to stay for at least a couple more years, but the clock is ticking and it is inevitable...

Little Round Bale
08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
DD and I did leave a legancy I am so glad we did. I also did a paver, which I wonder if that is still going on.

Imagineer1981
08-29-2008, 10:45 AM
not much of a legacy if they remove them...I would think they will stay. Imagine the guests complaints if it was removed. I think they would look at it like the personalized bricks in the sidewalk outside MK, a permanent fixture

DizneyRox
08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
not much of a legacy if they remove them...I would think they will stay. Imagine the guests complaints if it was removed. I think they would look at it like the personalized bricks in the sidewalk outside MK, a permanent fixture
Actually, the contract (in 1999-2000) stated they have the right to move them after 10 years. So, I would expect them to, and I don't think anyone would have a leg to stand on. I'm sure the contract was changed once they realized they were not going to sell as well as they hoped/expected, but as of 2000, it was 10 years, which puts them at 2010 at the earliest. I would actually probably guess the contract wansn't changed until closer to 2001. The contract stated that they would still be accessible however, just didn't have to in front of Epcot. They may have even been a length of time they only had to be accessible for as well.

If I recall, the bricks aren't permanent either, and yes they are still offered, although everything you see and hear says they are not. Last I saw, they were close to $300 for a brick, I'd have to pull a copy of my check to be sure.

Jasper
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I realize that a good lawyer can find a dozen different ways to interpret the Leave a Legacy Contracts but my understanding when we looked at the contract was that Disney had the right to move them to some other location after 10 years but not get rid of them. My guess is that when they do move them they will not be destroyed but will also not be in such a visible location.

BraddyB
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
So then I guess I cant buy a legacy to be part of the temporary legacy.

Imagineer1981
08-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Is the general consensus that Intercotee's don't like Leave a Legacy. I personally think they are very cool

Jasper
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Is the general consensus that Intercotee's don't like Leave a Legacy. I personally think they are very cool

I can't speak for everyone but I would say the majority of us don't care for it. When it was first announced the general consensus was that it sounded like a neat idea. However the execution didn't live up to the hype.

There are two basic reasons they are not liked.

1. They take up way too much space in the fore court area and spoils the view in front of Spaceship Earth.

2. They look like tombstones.

The second reason is probably the number one reason people don't like them.

Mousemates
08-29-2008, 03:46 PM
There are two basic reasons they are not liked.

1. They take up way too much space in the fore court area and spoils the view in front of Spaceship Earth.

2. They look like tombstones.

The second reason is probably the number one reason people don't like them.

In the words of Lynyrd Skynyrd "You got that right. You sure got that right."

hardingella
08-29-2008, 05:23 PM
My two kids are on "leave a legacy",and we were lucky enough to go back to Epcot this year and see the picture up there. It is a shame it may go, as i had this stupid romantic idea that one day my kids would take thier kids along to see it.I thought a legacy was something that was left for future generations, not a few years to make $25 each:confused:.

JasonH
08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah it is a shame for me that they don't do it anymore since my bro is now married and has two daughters of his own in which it would have been wonderful for the three to get their own tiles like I, my bro and my mom&dad did. But at least I have a great picture of our tiles. Luckily, all three of our tiles(my mom and dad did a duo tile) are all in the same spot AND they just so happen to be right next to panel location # so I know EXACTLY where it is each time. :D If you ever want to know where I'm located so you know what I look like, just message. I don't mind. :thumbsup:

Dopeysgal
09-03-2008, 10:01 AM
We did this on our very first trip. :-)

I didn't think it was permanent at the time and I agree the walls are not very attractive.